Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 7,341 to 7,360 of 14,636

shani

@Torterror:

Well since the special edition of Splatoon with the squid Amiibo is being sold for 45 Euros right now, I will just buy that and sell the game for 25-27 Euros. That way the Amiibo costs me less than 20 Euro, that's way better than buying it separately (which is possible in Germany) for 38 Euros or more.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Nicolai

@Spoony_Tech: Yah, half of my battles were planes vs planes.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

shani

Aaaaaaah. Playing public ranked can sometimes be so frustrating!
Like, your teammates take the rainmaker but then don't go the fast way (where no enemy is standing) but instead go the standard, straight way (Camp Triggerfish) where all the enemies are waiting.
Or like, you're leading 25-60, then the enemies catch up to 25-29 but lose the rainmaker. There are only seconds left, so all you need to do is defend your base. But I was the only one. What were my teammates doing? Either idling at the spawn point or chasing someone in the enemies base. The result: We lost by one point. Ahhhhhh!

BTW: Anyone up for squads?

@pikminfan22: You mean you never knew which team is winning? How could you live without those icons? ^^

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

shani

@pikminfan22: Unbelievable. No seriously, that's what I did before I knew, too. When we played the game on day one at a friend's (we were at least five people enthousiastically watching the screen), it was like "hey, what does that thing there mean?" "what does this do?" and so on. The icons on the top were one of the first things we figured out. We even asked ourselfs why the losing animation is different for some (after some time it hit me, it's because some weapons are too big)

Regarding the Bubbler:
Well there are a brush and a bucket with the Bubbler, personally I would prefer the bucket.
Anyway, I don't use the Bubbler because it's kind of a noob-special in my opinion (that's why it's on the Splattershot Jr., I think). I don't mean people who use the Bubbler are noobs, but that the Bubbler is the perfect item for newbies. It makes things way easier (almost too easy), you can basically just run through because nothing can hit you. It's perfect for inexperienced players.
When I see an enemy with a Bubbler, I immediately fall back and wait until his special is over. But you always have to hope that he doesn't use the Bubbler quickly and effectively, because otherwise you have absolutely no chance.
Until today I wonder why the Kraken was nerfed but the Bubbler wasn't.

Edited on by shani

shani

Ah okay, well that explains it. I just got so used to it, now I look at the icons almost subconciously.

Apart from the obvious, it's the little things that make Splatoon so great. When my homie daGreen bought Splatoon about two weeks ago, he asked me if there's a way to see how much ink you have left without swimming. I said no, but later I realized that I had forgotten something: Of course you can see it, you just have to look at the tank on the back of your Inkling. The amount of Ink is displayed perfectly and you can even see how it's replenishing.

Edited on by shani

ultraraichu

Somehow I have the feeling that Planes would win by popularity while Cars would win by wins. I been having the same plane vs plane experience but it seems like my team wins more against other planes than against cars (even if it seems as if I battle more against my own side).

Hope it's at least 70-30 with the way this been going all day and night.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

MasterWario

@shani: Rainmaker can be brutal at times, but it's imo the most rewarding in how many ways you can make great plays. I always like grabbing the Rainmaker while everyone's fighting and just bolt for the podium. Occasionally people don't notice and that's game! But then on the flip side my own teammates will lose track of the Rainmaker while I'm dead and almost immediately the other team is down to 20 distance. It's surprising how many times one loses by one point too! Happens to me all the time!

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

shani

@MasterWario: Sure, RM has its own dynamic and it can be really awesome. I'm also someone who grabs the RM immediately, others prefer to defend the RM-bearer. And sometimes it's totally possible to dash to the pole while your teammates distract the enemy. Sometimes, if you move/act smart enough, you can even take out all the enemies on your own.
But if you take the RM, you should know all the possible routes on the map and also be able to deploy some evading tactics.
But the thing is, some players at least don't seem to know the former and and just run into enemies or go the obviously wrong way were they will definitely get killed. If they grab the RM just before you and then immediately make a horrible tactical choice (and don't come back if you signal them in another direction), which should've been obvious at that moment, it can be really frustrating.

Luckily, this doesn't happen all the time. At least not usually. But today in public ranked, I had some very disappointing matches (and we didn't even lose all of them). That changed in SZ though and I reached B+. But SZ is somewhat easier, because the Zones are stationary. Not only don't you have to chase the enemy (like in TC and RM), continuing to score (after an interruption) is also easier to accomplish. But still, SZ may be my favourite mode. Although I can't really say, I also like RM and TC; it really depends on the map. But since I recently went back to my Splattershot with Splat Bombs and Bomb Rush (with 2 main and 1 sub throw distance up), I obviously prefer playing SZ right now, because that setup doesn't work that good with the other two modes.

Spoony_Tech

Go team Cars!! Now that was a close one though as team Cars had to get 54% to 46% to win over that popular vote. I felt we won the matchs it was just a matter of how much.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Nicolai

@DiscoGentleman: Yah, I get that too. I've lost every one except Art vs Science. I fight so hard this time, too, winning more battles on average!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Iggly

This is the first time I lost a Splatfest, oh well I knew this was gonna happen eventually lol.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

veeflames

Wait, Team Planes lost?
I'm starting to think Splatfest is rigged. Not one time has the more popular team won the most matches. There's something off there...

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Jorjaymad-6715

Damn I'd never done tower control on bluefin depot b4, should have done some recon!

Jorjaymad-6715

Nintendo Network ID: Jorjaymad-6715

Jazzer94

We kept losing in neutral basically every time which is why if you play Quad you either have to be communicating or everyone has to be good.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic