Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 6,641 to 6,660 of 14,636

rjejr

@DiscoGentleman: Yeah, he flabbergasted me w/ that one, and that's hard to do.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Grumblevolcano

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@ELI-ASH: I think a lot of the good players have moved on to Mario Maker. Not say we aren't good by any means but I caught some nice streaks to get into S rank myself. Even some of these S rank players in going against aren't all that great as of late. As in if I see one or two they sure ain't dominating anything or anyone.

I noticed that with Mario Kart 8 when Smash came out and again when Splatoon and the first major Smash DLC (Ryu, Roy, Lucas, Dream Land 64, Suzaku Castle) happened. There was a large surge of the higher ranked players returning between the DLC Pack 2 + 200cc release and Splatoon so I don't think the Splatoon players are gone for good. There just needs to be something like a new mode and a new map released very close to each other. October release maybe as everywhere except the US has no big games between Super Mario Maker and Star Fox Zero.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

ELI-ASH

So yeh i just reached A- rank today 0.O This is getting ridiculous. I guess the good players havent returned yet.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

ELI-ASH

@EdJericho: In the lobbies i play its the opposite its the Japanese players who squidbagg more. Regarledss I dont do it back unless its turf war.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Spoony_Tech

I personally don't pay attention to the point I couldn't even tell you if it's Japanese or western players. Since I tend to play about 75% with Japanese players I would say it's more them I also see doing it.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SplatoonMidnight

The GOOD People are back....

Main Games: Splatoon
Splatoon Rank
S
Highest rank gotten S

rjejr

@Grumblevolcano: "October release maybe as everywhere except the US has no big games between Super Mario Maker and Star Fox Zero."

Good point. I'd assume AC:aF in Japan in late Oct, maybe the EU as well. The US will probably have to wait until next year so they can make enough amiibo since you seem to actually need them to play the game. When is Fatal Frame due out overseas?

Personally I'm really looking forward to Yoshi so I haven't noticed the gap that much - Sept SMM Oct Yoshi Nov SFZ Dec XCX. For a dead system thats a solid 4 months of exclusives. An dFatal Frame adn Devil's Third, adn maybe AC:aF. Plus Nintneod seems to be jumping on the big 3 toys-to-life bandwagon which started w DI 3.0, Skylanders is Sunday and Lego D a week after that. Maybe not the heavy hitter AA titles like COD and Destiny but for family gamers there are certainly games to be played.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

jariw

whodatninja wrote:

Does anyone know what the Error Code 118-0502 means? I can connect to the main game just fine including the lobby and Miiverse, but when I have to find a match it comes out with this error code. (Same thing in Smash and Mario Kart 8!)

I just set up wifi in my new apartment. I use an ASUS wireless router.

It's a firewall error during matchmaking. (118-0516 and a few others are similar errors.) Make sure your Wii U connection is in a DMZ through the router.
http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/wfc/en_na/ds/results.jsp?err...

jariw

whodatninja

pikminfan22 wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Does anyone know what the Error Code 118-0502 means? I can connect to the main game just fine including the lobby and Miiverse, but when I have to find a match it comes out with this error code. (Same thing in Smash and Mario Kart 8!)

I just set up wifi in my new apartment. I use an ASUS wireless router.

I don't know too much about tech, but I copied/pasted that error code into Google and it brought up Nintendo's site. I don't know if we're allowed to link sites but it says that it's either an issue with communicating/matchmaking with other players or it's a firewall blocking traffic.... I think I've gotten the same error code before, but I can't remember ..

Yeah I'm not tech savvy either, but thank you. It can't be a problem on their side because it happens to me every time with every Wii U game.

I've tried every troubleshooting step but nothing works. Guess I'm forced to get a USB lan adapter. (which isn't a bad option but those cost money and there are so many of them)

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Grumblevolcano

Hammerhead Bridge is coming tomorrow (Today if in NA).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano: Sweet! Glad they're going to keep drip feeding us what seems like every Friday/Saturday.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Looks like another snipers paradise type of map.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

ultraraichu

I can't wait to start playing Splatoon traditionally again this weekend. While I was in Florida for 3 weeks, I didn't play my Wii U and 3DS as I normally would (mainly social time with family). I did learn a difference in connect between a high speed urban internet connection and a average suburban connection. Long story short, I can play with little to no d/c using the wifi connection in the suburb while I need to use the Lan adaptor to get the same results in the urban. I guess it's due to the many wireless signals that may interfere with the connection since I reached 3 other wifi connections in FL vs. 27+ in my room in NY.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Grumblevolcano

I don't know whether any of you have noticed but it looks like many other shooters like Halo and Rainbow Six are now taking the Splatoon route for maps (i.e. all post launch maps being free).

Grumblevolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano: I don't think Splatoon did it on purpose though. I think there was a genuine need to get a game out at around E3 and they were told get as much ready as you can and we will release the rest throughout the summer. Now I do think most of the stuff after the big update has been free.

MERG said:

Grumblevolcano

@Spoony_Tech: I don't know about how many maps those other shooters will have at launch but if it's plentiful we can compare it to the Splatoon content after the on disc maps were released. Nintendo could've easily made it that all Splatoon maps after the big August update were paid but they didn't.

Grumblevolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano: Maybe in Europe but over here we paid full price. At least if they did that in Europe it would bring it closer to full price. I don't think they thought it was going to be this big of a success otherwise I do believe we would be paying for some of this already.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Spoony_Tech

Oh and I don't think certain dlc would work for this game. Just imagine a 4 hour block where all the available maps for ranked or turf were dlc maps. Shoot, even if one map was a dlc it wouldn't work. They would have to make all modes and maps available for anytime play for that to work.

Of course weapons and clothing could still be offered but I do believe maps and ranked modes would have to stay free to not alienate the people that bought the game.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic