Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 661 to 680 of 14,636

Octane

I personally don't care for voice chat in games, but the option to chat with friends would've been nice, even if it was just for the sake of having it. Anyway, just use Skype, much easier anyway.

Octane

WebHead

I'm still getting it but no voice chat is kinda bad for team based shooters. At least put in voice commands.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

iKhan

Nintendo just doesn't get it. They are so concerned with protecting kids that they will damage their new game's experience for that sake.

Splatoon is a TEAM BASED shooter. That is a type of game that fundamentally relies on your ability to communicate. How the hell are you supposed to strategize with it.

I genuinely hope that Splatoon gets nailed in reviews for lack of VC so that Nintendo finally learns.

Edited on by iKhan

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Octane

iKhan wrote:

Nintendo just doesn't get it. They are so concerned with protecting kids that they will damage their new game's experience for that sake.

Splatoon is a TEAM BASED shooter. That is a type of game that fundamentally relies on your ability to communicate. How the hell are you supposed to strategize with it.

I genuinely hope that Splatoon gets nailed in reviews for lack of VC so that Nintendo finally learns.

I don't know if it's that much of a loss honestly. Use Skype if you want to chat with your friends. I'd doubt many of us like to listen to annoying 12-year olds screaming through their mics.

Octane

TuVictus

Octane wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I don't know if it's that much of a loss honestly. Use Skype if you want to chat with your friends. I'd doubt many of us like to listen to annoying 12-year olds screaming through their mics.

This is the excuse that I see everyone throw out in defense of Nintendo, but it's really not THAT common. All we really would like is at the very least, friend voice chat. Monster Hunter does it and, funny enough, there aren't many complains of "screaming 12 year olds". Ironically I'm betting the playerbase for this game will probably be older than we anticipate

TuVictus

Haiassai

i have a feeling these questions were probably answered earlier in this thread, but... it seems too daunting to go through 690+ posts. SO APOLOGIES OF THIS HAS BEEN ASKED, but I have a few questions...

1. This game focuses greatly on online multiplayer, which is rad, but will there be much support for local multiplayer? (It seems not, seeing how prominent the use of the gamepad is)

2. Will online multiplayer only be against either strangers or only friends? Or can you mix and match?

3. Is there support for LAN?

Haiassai

3DS Friend Code: 5300-9678-4406 | Nintendo Network ID: Haiassai | Twitter:

WebHead

Octane wrote:

iKhan wrote:

You know some devs have come up with this magical feature for problems just like this. They call it a mute button. Crazy I know.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

Operative wrote:

Octane wrote:

iKhan wrote:

This is the excuse that I see everyone throw out in defense of Nintendo, but it's really not THAT common. All we really would like is at the very least, friend voice chat. Monster Hunter does it and, funny enough, there aren't many complains of "screaming 12 year olds". Ironically I'm betting the playerbase for this game will probably be older than we anticipate

I'm not really defending Nintendo, I'm defending my own opinion, which is; I don't really care. If you read three posts before my reply, I made the following comment: ''I personally don't care for voice chat in games, but the option to chat with friends would've been nice, even if it was just for the sake of having it.'' I'm not saying that Nintendo did a good job leaving out voice chat, on the contrary it would have been better if they did include it. All I'm saying is that since there are plenty of other means to communicate with friends or other people, the absense of voice chat isn't that big of a deal.

Octane

DefHalan

Octane wrote:

Operative wrote:

Octane wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I'm not really defending Nintendo, I'm defending my own opinion, which is; I don't really care. If you read three posts before my reply, I made the following comment: ''I personally don't care for voice chat in games, but the option to chat with friends would've been nice, even if it was just for the sake of having it.'' I'm not saying that Nintendo did a good job leaving out voice chat, on the contrary it would have been better if they did include it. All I'm saying is that since there are plenty of other means to communicate with friends or other people, the absense of voice chat isn't that big of a deal.

I would like the option for Voice Chat with friends only... if I had any friends with Wii Us.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Jacob717

You guys do know you can mute the immature people when voice chatting right? Also, how are you going to get random players Skype names if you can't talk to them?

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

crimsoncavalier

In no universe if having no voice chat in a team-based strategy game like this a good idea. I knew about no voice chat for a while now, but I still want the game. However, make no mistake: to say that "I'll just use Skype instead" is sweeping the garbage under the rug. It is INEXCUSABLE for Nintendo to AGAIN drop the ball on this issue. These are exactly the reasons why Nintendo is lagging behind. It is a big deal and we should all be extremely vocal about our displeasure. Bad reviews won't make a difference. If we fans speak up, that'll make a bigger difference.

However, to say that immature 12 year olds aren't a thing, that's also false. They're a thing in certain games, like CoD and Halo. Maybe not so much with MH3U, but they're 100% a thing. That said, @Dipper723 - EXACTLY. Mute the little asparaguses if it bothers you that much. For the rest of us who aren't 12 and don't curse, voice chat would have been awesome.

Edited on by Eel

crimsoncavalier

Nintendo Network ID: CrimsonCavalier

Jacob717

CanisWolfred wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

You guys do know you can mute the immature people when voice chatting right?

Then what's the point of Voice chat if I'm just going to mute everybody anyways?

You're not going to mute everybody, just the immature people.

Jacob717

shingi_70

For a multiplayer based shooter you sort of kill the community with a lack of voice chat. I assume most hear will probably play with guys from the various Nintendo communities. However when i'm just playing with friends we typically would use Voice chat.

The single player has me hyped and hopefully this game has a better reception than Codename Steam.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

iKhan

Octane wrote:

iKhan wrote:

1. None of my friends play Nintendo consoles
2. Skype worsens the situation. Now teams made amongst friends have an advantage against randomly assigned teams, as they have the ability to communicate

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jariw

iKhan wrote:

Octane wrote:

iKhan wrote:

1. None of my friends play Nintendo consoles
2. Skype worsens the situation. Now teams made amongst friends have an advantage against randomly assigned teams, as they have the ability to communicate

3. Your parents haven't yet bought you a Wii U?

jariw

CanisWolfred

Dipper723 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

You guys do know you can mute the immature people when voice chatting right?

Then what's the point of Voice chat if I'm just going to mute everybody anyways?

You're not going to mute everybody, just the immature people.

The joke

Your head

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

kkslider5552000

Voice chat is a terrible idea 9 times out of 10. The other 1/10 is not worth it.

That being said, my disappointment is that apparently you can't do 4 player split-screen. That's not good. It's actually one of the justifications for caring about voice chat since it might be more needed after that.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic