Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 6,521 to 6,540 of 14,636

jariw

whodatninja wrote:

I miss playing Splatoon already... Will probably look for a LAN adapter. I don't know much about setting up internet... (or computers in general)

It's very easy. You need a normal ethernet cable to connect the adapter to (and the Wii U LAN adapter connects to one of Wii U's USB ports). Then go to the system configuration on the Wii U and select wired connection. That's about it.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

ELI-ASH

When you guys play rank battles how long are your sessions? I like to play in 1 hour sessions. If i do great in that hour chances are ill repeat that next time; and if I lose a lot in that hour i'll just practice some more in turf and hope i regain my lost points next time.

Edited on by ELI-ASH

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Jazzer94

@ELI-ASH: Normally play like an hour but today played 3hrs straight then after a quite long break played another hour as I wanted to get into S+ (which I failed at).

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Octane

I really need to play Splatoon some more.. Haven't played it in a week or two, but with Mario Maker coming out this friday, I doubt I'll have much time left.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

I played for about 3 hours plus today. Finally got back into A today as I feel like I've been stuck in A- forever. I guess it all makes a difference for me what stages are in play. I know strategies for most boards and most modes but I still see a n different stage and mode I haven't played yet.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ELI-ASH

I been stuck in B- rank for awhile but i know i outgrown it because when im on the winning team im usually the top in splats

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

-Green-

jariw wrote:

The Inkling implementation in Mario Maker is pretty cool.

That is pretty cool, although wouldn't the Inkling actually dissolve underwater.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

rjejr

Oh man, squid form is so cool. I didn't even know the Splatoon amibo would work with SMM.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Cheesehead302

@ELI-ASH: I haven't been able to get over B+ and I've put like 200 hours into the game since it came out, I feel so freaking stuck. Goes up some days, and then others I just go on a massive losing streak annnnnnddd it's gone. Ffor what ever reason I can't get to that sacred A- rank, let alone S+. And yeah, I think I'm pretty decent at the game I mean I usually get 1st on the team. Granted, I know it's not all about splatting squids but I try to use some type of strategy depending on the mode. Your rank honestly seems really luck based.

Cheesehead302

Spoony_Tech

@Cheesehead302: @ELI-ASH: I believe in most cases i need to play above 25% of my team. In other words i not only need to be the best but pick up some of the worst teammates slack. I'm more times then not ranked 1 or 2 on the team but sometimes you need to play better then the best on the other team. Number one on your team might only be good enough to be number 2 or 3 on the other. A lot of times when i'm number one on my team i don't feel like i did enough to be there. Other times i say what was the other 3 doing if my poor performance was number one. You can only do so much but if you're carrying your team to the tune of 50% of the work in most modes that will make you lose most of the time.

Lately i've been trying to make my teammates better in any way i can as one person isn't going to win consistently. Staying alive is one of the best ways to make your teammates better as they can always get back into the action through you instead of swiming all the way back to help. Another thing i always try to do is get 2 for one. If i can take 2 out before i die then the odds are in our favor.

Still you can do all that and still lose but getting your teammates in a better position to fight will help out the most.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Cheesehead302

@Spoony_Tech: The two-for-one thing, I always try to do that if I'm in the situation and sometimes I take out almost all of the other team. Tonight I had a match of splatzones where that happened (I took out 3 of the 4 on the other team at the beginning), and it's really bizarre to me that my entire team was still alive except for me, and in the time of the other team being dead some how they still gained control and we ultimately lost. But eh, I'll keep working at it I'll probably get S rank before the end of the year. Then again, Mario Maker's coming out Friday and I have SO MANY IDEAS, OH SO MANY IDEAS to poor hourrrssss into that game.

Cheesehead302

Blue_Blur

@Cheesehead302: I would say that your rank is mostly luck based. Of course it involves skill, but it also depends on the skill of your teammates. Sometimes you get great teammates, but let's be honest, that doesn't happen too often.

It would be nice if your ranking was effected on how well you preformed, not if you won or lost. If your teams wins, you would get points depending on how well you preformed. If your team lost, then you would lose a SMALL (like 3-5) amount of points, but you would lose less the better you did. This would get rid of the losing many rank points due to rage quitters; the rage quitters would get effected in a bad way since they helped the least, while the other team members either lose a smaller amount of points or gain points for staying and contributing if they win. Unfortunately, disconnections can't be helped, but at least this method would solve one problem. This system would also make ranked battles a lot more fun in my opinion. You wouldn't have to worry about your rank so much, and would make the game more fun and less stressful.

I'm currently at S rank. I feel like I'm a good enough player to be at S rank, but I'm not the top contributor on my team very often. It depends on the mode, but I like to input strategy when I play ranked modes, and try to predict what will happen and get ready to counter it. But seriously, getting to S rank was pure luck, I think. Sure I helped a lot, and I helped make it happen, but I remember so many times where the other team would either be super easy or very predictable. It's easy to win when your against a team like that. However, if you're on that predictable team, you're in trouble! I guess I just got lucky and sided with the good teams!

I know I'll most likely never make it to S+. I've heard that once you get a high S rank score, like somewhere in the 90's each victory only gets you +1 point. I would be insanely hard to get to S+ with that point system!

But don't feel bad about your rank, I'm sure you're a really good player. I think it's mostly luck, and I wish you luck ranking up!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Cheesehead302

@Blue_Blur: Ahoy! That's one difference between me playing Splatoon now and me playing Splatoon a few months ago; for what ever reason Turf War really never enraged me but Ranked brings out that Smash Bros. spicy tacos style rage in a man.

Cheesehead302

Rexcalibr

Another day of the connection taking a dumb and either freezing me in place for several seconds or the the server just booting me out of the game and decreasing my rank. For some reason also, it seems like I'm always the only non Japanese player between both teams.

I've read stuff online with a lot of people who have good internet and also experiencing this. Apparantly it has something to do with the last update the game had, so I know it's not just on my end.

I don't think I'm going to continue playing this after tonight since Mario Maker is being released tomorrow unless they fix this.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

ELI-ASH

@Spoony_Tech: I like to focus on kills and also when the tower is at mid and my team is in control i sometimes sneak into the enemies base and ink the rail path and by the the time the tower reachs the goal the enemy team is distracted trying to reclaim the path and the tower. @Cheesehead302: What weapon is your main?

Cheesehead302

@Rexcalibr: The worst feature in the game, hands down. I can't tell you how many points I've lost because of freaking connection errors.

Cheesehead302

jariw

Rexcalibr wrote:

Another day of the connection taking a dumb and either freezing me in place for several seconds or the the server just booting me out of the game and decreasing my rank. For some reason also, it seems like I'm always the only non Japanese player between both teams.

I've read stuff online with a lot of people who have good internet and also experiencing this. Apparantly it has something to do with the last update the game had, so I know it's not just on my end.

I don't think I'm going to continue playing this after tonight since Mario Maker is being released tomorrow unless they fix this.

The issue is still on your end. The WiFi interference issue you resolved earlier has probably just returned. The thing they changed in 2.0.0 was to disconnect bad connections, rather than punish good connections with heavily lagging players. I'm playing on a wired connection and disconnects during matches isn't an issue. An interference-free internet connection, with decent upload speed (and preferably full duplex) is required for Splatoon.

jariw

Spoony_Tech

Any takers on a twin let me know.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic