Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 6,401 to 6,420 of 14,636

BakaKnight

@Aromaiden: Maybe there is something that I'm missing, but I don't see where that trick is so useful or even a "trick" ^_^;

Attacking with a burst bomb and then a main attack is standard affair, this "technique" simply imply to use the right animation frame for speed up the combo if I understood well. It's an okay tip if anything, but nothing more and I doubt any user of those weapons didn't know about it (if anything I only learned the thing have multiple names XD).

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

-Green-

@BakaKnight: Well I thought it would be helpful for anyone who didn't know it, as it is a pretty helpful and simple technique. It's a nice little trick, especially for the more competitive players.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Rexcalibr

Does anyone have any advice with aiming, other than using the motion controls? I finally tried out a gun (I've been using the Krak-on Roller the entire time) and I realized my aiming is awful and the reason why I die so much online. I tried practicing in the weapon practice map and no matter how I set the sensitivity, I find myself moving around the trigger too much to aim.

Maybe I should just stick to the roller.

I finished the 1-player campaign mode but it doesn't really set you up for aiming well.

EDIT - the motion control is better for hitting on target and aiming accurately but constantly moving the controller around in my hand doesn't feel good...

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

jariw

Rexcalibr wrote:

Does anyone have any advice with aiming, other than using the motion controls?

Use motion controls + practice. Motion controls in Splatoon is basically twin-stick controls, but with aiming support by the gyro. The Gamepad should move in very small movements.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Rexcalibr

I've tried practicing with it a lot. It feels terrible. At least with the right analog I feel like I'm in some form of control, even if it's slower.

A lot of people swear the GameCube controller is better for Smash Bros too and I bought the adapter and controller and it didn't feel good at all. I preferred the Pro Controller.

Rexcalibr

BakaKnight

@Aromaiden: I really wonder if it's the case. For my personal experience that combo is even a bad risky plan. It requires the burst bomb to hit the target directly, else the damage won't be enough for be useful, and for my personal experience it's not easy to get that direct hit, not easy by default and especially hard when this is maybe the weapon suffering more even with the minimal lag.
Althought I always wondered if this lag with the burst bomb is only on my side since most people have no problem hitting the opponents with them XD;;;

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

-Green-

@BakaKnight: I personally haven't had much trouble using it with the Slosher and Carbon Roller, but I can see how it can vary depending on player. Although to be honest, I have seen a fair amount of really high ranked players use it effectively (mostly the Carbon Rollers); on the other hand, those players were S ranks, had godly accuracy and massacred me... so you can imagine how skilled they were XD.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ELI-ASH

@DiscoGentleman: I had badluck myself started at B-30 Rose to B- 90 Then a string of losses dropped me to B-50. It wasnt just bad teammates i also kept falling off the map in moray towers like a pleb XD.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Rexcalibr

Imagine if Nintendo made this game with instead of Inklings, you had to use Miis....Untitled

Rexcalibr

whodatninja

Does anyone else think the range of the Krak On Roller and Gold Dynamo is a bit too much? You can basically stand on the ledge looking down on Moray Towers' center and cover the whole thing in seconds!

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

veeflames

While I obviously think motion controls are the best way to play Splatoon, I do not like the idea of sitting down to play Splatoon (awkward and uncomfortable). Best way to play Splatoon? Lie down, belly facing down and your arms resting on the floor. Oh, and move the GamePad in small movements. That's how I play it, and it's super comfortable.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

OorWullie

If anyone's up for some more private battles later give me a shout.

My Gamepad wasn't charging there,my first thought was obviously the charger isn't working but I gave the Gamepad a little shake and the light has come on now.I was thinking the battery might be a little loose as that happened when I first got my Wii U but if that was the case the Gamepad would lose power altogether instead of refusing to charge.I can't find my little screw driver to check..Even if it turns out to be the charger,I would need to have one sent over,would take a couple of weeks

Edited on by OorWullie

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

Spoony_Tech

@OorWullie: I had this problem not to long ago and couldn't figure out why it wouldn't charge. Removing the battery did the trick so i suggest you find that screw driver.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Spoony_Tech: That gives me hope.I'll have another look for it later.If I can't find it I should be able to get one tomorrow.It's charging just now,I daren't touch it until it's finished.2 weeks with no Splatoon and missing the launch of Mario Maker would be a nightmare!

SW-6101-8403-1640

Blue_Blur

@OorWullie: Did you get disconnected? You can rejoin now.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

OorWullie

@Blue_Blur: I got disconnected there,kept flashing up connection unstable.I also got a phone call so I'm gonna need to go for a bit sorry,I'll be back in about an hour

SW-6101-8403-1640

Blue_Blur

@OorWullie: I might not be on in a hour, but thanks for telling me. Sorry you got disconnected, we won the match, though!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic