Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 6,321 to 6,340 of 14,636

Rexcalibr

Does anyone other than me turn off the motion controls on the gamepad?

Rexcalibr

Blue_Blur

Rexcalibr wrote:

I used to turn off the motion controls, because I didn't like the feeling of it. The camera didn't move how I wanted it to. However, with some camera sensitivity adjustments, I now use motion controls, and I think I perform better with advanced tactics using motion control. I find it easier to aim and act to sudden situations.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Spoony_Tech

Blue_Blur wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

I used to turn off the motion controls, because I didn't like the feeling of it. The camera didn't move how I wanted it to. However, with some camera sensitivity adjustments, I now use motion controls, and I think I perform better with advanced tactics using motion control. I find it easier to aim and act to sudden situations.

If you can get use to them you will at the very least improve by twice where you're at now. It makes that big of a difference. If I had to play with only twin sticks I would've quit this game first week it came out.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Rexcalibr

I died 13 times in one game during the Splat Zones.. it was literally respawn, super jump, play for 3 seconds, die... respawn, super jump, land in death... respawn, superjump, move around for 2 seconds, die.

I had to take a break. It was really annoying. I definitely like Tower Control and Rainmaker better.

I'll try turning the motion control on, and maybe set the sensitivity really low but I've been playing with it off the entire time because I didn't like the feel of it.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

ELI-ASH

@Rexcalibr: I did at first and I played fine with sticks but I eventually made the switch to motion controls. It took a lil getting use to but once you get use to it , you will play much better than before. Like with sticks when someone shoots me from behind I was automaticly splatted everytime but with motion I get a lil more time to react and even survive. Its worth it to learn. Play around with the sensitivity at first. Then once it feels natural crank it up to max.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Blue_Blur

ELI-ASH wrote:

Then once it feels natural crank it up to max.

I still don't play with the camera sensitivity on max! Mine is set at +1 and works fine for me. I don't use guns though, (I'm a Slosher), so I don't really need a super fast camera.

yokokazuo

The next Japanese Splatfest has been announced.

Untitled

In a manzai comedy act, are you "boke" or "tsukkomi"?

Manzai is a two man comedy act in Japan that is similar to the American "Who's on first?" act.
The "boke" (meaning fool, air-headed, etc.) Is known for being forgetful or misinterpreting things while the "tsukkomi" (straight man) will correct the boke usually berating them and hitting them on the head, usually with a harisen/paper fan. (Hence the picture)

This has a more detailed explanation. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manzai

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

IceClimbers

So how do you guys hold the GamePad? Do have it rest on your lap, or do you hold it up a bit?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

ELI-ASH

@yokokazuo: So im guessing callie is "boke" and Marie is "tsukkomi" at least thats how i see it in the english version not sure if the stage comments are similar in the japanese version

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

ELI-ASH

@IceClimbers: My lap definaly, i use to think you were suppose to hold it at the tv like a second camera but that position tires my wrist more.

yokokazuo

ELI-ASH wrote:

@yokokazuo: So im guessing callie is "boke" and Marie is "tsukkomi" at least thats how i see it in the english version not sure if the stage comments are similar in the japanese version

Ya haha, I think they are similar overall. I'll have to pay more attention to it, but I do remember one thing that was similar to other versions I think. On the greenhouse, Callie mentions that she read on the web that ink is good for plants while Marie asks what her source was.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

OorWullie

@ELI-ASH: I play with the sensitivity to -1,it's perfect for me.I'd be all over the place with it at max I think.

@IceClimbers: On my lap I tried with it facing the TV but I play for long sessions and it was too tiring.I think Starfox will need to be played with Gamepad facing the TV though.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Blue_Blur

@IceClimbers: I hold the Gamepad in my lap. Every time I respawn, I always press the Y button and re-center the camera. I couldn't imagine holding the Gamepad all that time, it's pretty heavy for a controller!

I also need your guy's opinion. As you probably know, I main the Slosher. I love it, and I'm trying to get all of the abilities I want for it. So far, I have chosen the gear that I want to use. I'm using the Urchin Cap that has Bomb Range Up as it's main ability, the Urchin Jersey which has Run Speed Up as it's main ability, and the Cyan Trainers with Damage Up as it's main ability. For the sub abilities, I know for a fact I want 3 Ink Saver Mains and 3 Swim Speed Ups.

This is where I want an opinion: I have 3 sub abilities left to fill. I want at least one Ink Recovery Up, but I'm not sure if I should have two Ink Recovery Ups and another ability, or 1 Ink Recovery Up and two other abilities.

As of now, I'm leaning towards 2 Ink Recovery Ups, but I'm still unsure about what the last ability slot should be. Should it be Ink Sub Saver? The Slosher has burst bombs, so they don't use much ink, but I do use the burst bombs a lot. Also, is Quick Respawn worth it as a sub ability; does it make much of an impact on the respawn time? I also thinking of having a Special Charge Up or a Special Saver... I'm not sure!

Any help or advice would be appreciated, so thanks in advance!

ELI-ASH

@Blue_Blur: I think quick respawn is worth it. Sometimes i have tough matches were both teams get wiped.Getting back into the action quicker means you'll have more time to position yourself better as everyone returns.

-Green-

Has anyone else been seeing a lot of Splash Walls lately? It seems like every time I play ranked (We're A+) all I ever see is the Gal with its Splash Wall. It's even worse when they place double SWs, because at that point, it becomes impossible to break them without them replacing them or them just splatting you.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Blue_Blur

@ELI-ASH: That's a good point, Quick Respawn is probably better than Special Charge Up or Special Saver, especially when my special is the Inkstrike, and don't need it to protect myself. I think I will have a Quick Respawn! What do you think about the Ink Recovery Ups? Should I have 1 or 2? And thanks for your input.

@Aromaiden: I agree, they're are a lot more Splash Walls than there has been. I'm really starting to hate it when Port Mackerel is in ranked, since it's basically Splash Walls everywhere. I wish you could be able to destroy them faster, they're the most annoying in Tower Control!

Edited on by Blue_Blur

Rexcalibr

I'm only going to play ranked matches when Rainmaker or Tower Control is in session now. I can't get into the Splat Zones game and my I tried going back to it.. my team lost a clean sweep and we got zero points during the one time we were in control. Not worth losing rank... I'll just wait till it switches to something else.

Someone said earlier that they wished the games were in separate lobbies instead of switching every four hours. That sounds good in hindsight but I think matchmaking would take a lot longer if all players got to choose at any given time.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Tried the motion control thing... it didn't work out for me. Constantly having to move the controller up and down in my hand, to me, is a little annoying. I don't think I could get ever used to it and I can't see it helping me improve. I prefer playing the way I have been, I just use the right analog for aiming and leave the sensitivity at 0.

Edited on by Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

ELI-ASH

@Blue_Blur: 2 sounds good, I know the slosher runs out so quick.

@Rexcalibr In Splat zones you shouldn't super jump near or in the splat zone. (the other two modes super jumping is ok since those are more fast paced)

jariw

Aromaiden wrote:

Has anyone else been seeing a lot of Splash Walls lately? It seems like every time I play ranked (We're A+) all I ever see is the Gal with its Splash Wall. It's even worse when they place double SWs, because at that point, it becomes impossible to break them without them replacing them or them just splatting you.

It seems part of the current meta, specially in tower control and Rainmaker. There was a time a few months ago where there seemed to were sprinklers everywhere. Personally, I try to avoid shooting down splash walls.

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic