Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 6,301 to 6,320 of 14,636

Rexcalibr

MasterWario wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

Iggly wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

This is random but I wish you could attack Mo (the person that sells the headgear). She aways insults you if you accidentally try to buy the same item twice or you turn down an item (she says you are wasting her time). Untitled

Moe is actually the clown fish that lives in Annie's hair, the fish is a dude btw. I agree he can be annoying, but that's part of his personality.

He's meant to serve as a foil to Annie, although in reality Moe is actually very cowardly.

The problem with the little fish is when he says the thing after you buy a headgear, there's a pause where you can't do anything when he says something, but unlike Annie, you don't need to confirm the speech bubble with A. So I often times find myself spamming A and then accidentally clicking on the item I just bought...

And then (s)he says the "wastin' our time" or whatever...

Excuse me, you're wasting my time. I'm just trying to get out of the shop and you had to say something!

I know... I don't like them and seriously wish I could spray paint on them. I also hate stupid Sheldon. I usually just use the Krak-on Roller so I spend most of my money on clothing, shoes, and headgear and if I go to his store I have to press A like 20 times because he has to explain every weapon to me.

Rexcalibr

shani

Blue_Blur wrote:

I always try to make a path for the Rainmaker if possible. What I hate is, when I do manage to create a path, I turn back around, and I usually find my teammate with the Rainmaker creating his own path where all of the opponents are! What a terrible idea when I just made a clear path!

I also hate it when you have the Rainmaker, and no one on your team swims ahead to protect you. If I don't have the Rainmaker, I always either always stay close to the Rainmaker and sacrifice myself so the Rainmaker can keep going, or I move on ahead and try to create a path. Either way, the Rainmaker should always have protection from his/her teammates. In my opinion, a great combo is two Inklings ahead of the Rainmaker, and one Inkling trailing behind. The Inkling following behind is in case we lose the Rainmaker and we can all jump back to that Inkling.

+1

I had that alot, creating a path in front of him and even signaling "to me" but the rainmaker guy already went somewhere else and was shot shortly afterwards. ^^ Or myself not being protected, but left alone... Sacrificing is also important, and sometimes, scouting the terrain before letting the rainmaker proceed.
But in my experience you have to guard the back more than the front. The rainmaker can shoot incoming enemies but if somebody sneaks up from behind (which isn't really that hard), it's easy to take out multiple targets. I did this myself as an attacker and also suffered from the same tactic when I was holding the rainmaker. I would maybe even put two behind him, but depends on the situation/the players.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

shinesprite

@Rexcalibr: Luckily I don't have that problem (I just bought up the last of the weapons tonight. )

I'm pretty sure there's a few pieces of clothing I don't own yet, but that's pretty hit or miss.

shinesprite

Judgedean

Mini Splatling is set to enter the fray tomorrow morning
Untitled

Edited on by Judgedean

Judgedean

Tiefseemiez

Everyone mourning about the lack of content at this games release hopefully shut up now. ^^
Although it is unfortunate how this dripfeeding of content hurt the review scores of Nintendo, since the main claim always was that the game was too small.
I haven't played for like 2 months and I am scared to turn the game on again, because I think I'm gonna be overwhelmed by the lot of weapons and modes (for me it was pretty good that not all the content was available from the beginning). I just hope that they will swap the stages faster though. 4 hours is kind of too long, maybe 2 two would be enough, since the matches are rather short anyway. Or has this even changed by now? I am scared already of the servers being shut down at some point in the further future. With Smash and MK8 I am fine since I play them mainly locally anyway, but Splatoon is kind of worthless without online. And it would be sad to see such a great game vanish instead of staying an alltime classic.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

Smash_kirby

@Tiefseemiez: I don't think that Nintendo would willing shut down the servers for Splatoon. The biggest reason for the shutdown of the Wi-Fi connection thing was since Gamespy was bought up and Nintendo sadly didn't have the resources to do their redirection servers to imitate the Gamespy servers. Which is probably why Nintendo wanted to avoid the EA Origin servers as well.

Smash_kirby

Tiefseemiez

@Smash_kirby: Well, they won't be keeping the servers alive until the end of time, will they?
I know that this is nothing that will happen in the next 3 years, but they won't support the game forever.
What I meant was after that one will never be able to play the game like it was meant to be.
There won't be retro gamers praising it in 20 years like some of us praise old video games today for they won't be able to play it properly.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

PaperMario64

Tiefseemiez wrote:

@Smash_kirby: Well, they won't be keeping the servers alive until the end of time, will they?
I know that this is nothing that will happen in the next 3 years, but they won't support the game forever.
What I meant was after that one will never be able to play the game like it was meant to be.
There won't be retro gamers praising it in 20 years like some of us praise old video games today for they won't be able to play it properly.

I think they will keep servers open untill Splatoon 2 and longer.

PaperMario64

jump

I'm probably wrong but aren't the servers only used to match players together rather than matches themselves so friend games wouldn't be affected?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

whodatninja

@shani: When I have the rainmaker, I like to take it slow and TRY to get my team mates in front of me. Then I can hang back and shoot guys as they try to get close. If teammates have inked a clear path, and all the opposition is dead, I like to swim to the goal fast as I can before respawn. You may never get another chance!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

jariw

arronishere wrote:

I'm probably wrong but aren't the servers only used to match players together rather than matches themselves so friend games wouldn't be affected?

I think private matches still goes through the matchmaking servers.

jariw

shani

whodatninja wrote:

@shani: When I have the rainmaker, I like to take it slow and TRY to get my team mates in front of me. Then I can hang back and shoot guys as they try to get close. If teammates have inked a clear path, and all the opposition is dead, I like to swim to the goal fast as I can before respawn. You may never get another chance!

Yeah I try that too sometimes, but often your teammates are too slow or just won't come to you. In that case I almost always (a few times I managed to fight my way through alone and almost made it to the goal) get splatted. So when I realize that my teammates have let me (or the person bearing the rainmaker) down a couple of times during one match and they're not near me, I just try to dash through and get as far as possible on my own by changing repeatedly routes (takes longer, but sometimes keeps you safe). That's not how it's supposed to be, but you have to adapt. ^^

So to sum it up, it can really go different ways and who you play it as the rainmaker depends on how your teammates act. And of course, it also depends on the map. On Arowana Mall and the other linear maps, you can just dash through and win the game in under a minute. Seems like having faster swimming speed and getting the rainmaker before the enemy often can decide who wins on that map.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

whodatninja

@shani: if your teammates just let you go ahead alone they're obviously more interested in getting kills than winning Rainmaker... This is where voice chat would be very helpful. If they sacrifice themselves so you can go on, that's another story.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

shani

@whodatninja: Yeah that's what I think most of the times ("why are you going for kills instead of for the win?"). But I somehow doubt that voice chat would change anything about it because they obviously don't want to do it differently.
Of course, if they draw attention away from the rainmaker and sacrifice themselves, it can be really helpful. But one shouldn't forget, every enemy they (or you) kill, respawns at their base, so when the rainmaker is alone and near the enemy base while the others are on the other side of the map, it can get hard to go through (with all the enemies respawning at their base). So sometimes it can even be reasonable to just draw the enemies away and keep them busy, but not to kill them.

Also, when you got a very close lead at the end of the match, it can make sense to stall the game/waste some time like in football. Meaning you just take the rainmaker (if you can) and swim away, in a direction where no enemy is standing and where they can't get you easily, e.g. somewhere with walls thast can protect you for a short while. We were once leading with 6-8 and there were about 30 or 40 seconds left (on Flounder Heights). I just got the rainmaker near our own base, after the enemy was splatted there. I immediately went diagonal and up the wall, just as far away from our base as possible. They eventually took me down, but it took them too long to get the rainmaker back in their posession and we won.
Of course, this strategy can be risky and won't work everytime.

Edited on by shani

OorWullie

About to put it on now.I really shouldn't after the luck I've had today that was just topped off a short while ago with Scotland losing to Georgia in a crucial qualifier,I'm a sucker for punishment though.

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

DoctorOverbuild

I haven't played this game for a while but it's a great game you can out down and pick up again later!

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

ELI-ASH

I tried the inkbrush on rainmaker and I won a few times ^_^ On this one match in Port Mackarel I snuck up behind the entire enemy team and got some surprised slaps XD

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Blue_Blur

@ELI-ASH: Awesome! I used to main the Inkbrush for quite a while, until other updates came out. I really like the fast "sneak up" style it has. I didn't want to quit using the Inkbrush, but since you have to press to trigger button so many times in one match, I couldn't handle playing with this weapon for long time. I'm glad the Inkbrush works well for you, though.

I was playing Rainmaker too, in Port Mackerel, and someone on my team was using the Octobrush. Everyone except the Octobrush user was by the Rainmaker, and I was wondering why that player wasn't grabbing it. The Octbrush player kept saying "Come on!" and I eventually went back to the player to see what was going on. The player was just standing there, so I decided to grab the Rainmaker, then the brush player started to run and make a path for me to swim in. In theory, this was a great idea... until we both got splatted two seconds later. XD.

Even though that was a good idea, I think the Octobrush player should've just grabbed the Rainmaker, since the rest of us were splatting all of the opponents. This probably would've worked if the Rainmaker was close to the enemy's goal, but since the Rainmaker was on our side of the base, I wish they would've just went as far as they could with it to get some distance away from our base. My team ending up losing that match, but it was pretty close.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

ELI-ASH

@Blue_Blur: The one time I took the rainmaker my team wasn't around (i took the long way route in arrowanna) I guess they didnt know XD

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

shani

Blue_Blur wrote:

Everyone except the Octobrush user was by the Rainmaker, and I was wondering why that player wasn't grabbing it. The Octbrush player kept saying "Come on!" and I eventually went back to the player to see what was going on. The player was just standing there, so I decided to grab the Rainmaker, then the brush player started to run and make a path for me to swim in. In theory, this was a great idea... until we both got splatted two seconds later. XD.

I also tried that several times (but not with an Octobrush, rather with the silver Aerospray + Inkzooka), not taking the rainmaker but letting someone else take it so I can quickly create a path for him. Sometimes it works, when the other player(s) immediately get what you want and react quickly, but if it takes too much time to get started, the plan will probably fail.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic