Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 6,281 to 6,300 of 14,636

Spoony_Tech

This is brutal. Yes i did actually.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ELI-ASH

I was looking up rainmaker videos and found this,Since squad battle points dont go up or down if your S , 3 of them decided to be inkbrushes as a joke but they got into a winning streak. I heard the inkbrush is horrible in all rank modes but im not sure now. Making s small path for the rainmaker holder to swim around is smart.

Edited on by ELI-ASH

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Spoony_Tech

Enjoyed playing with you. Got some bad luck there. I wasn't doing any better with randoms either.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Iggly

ELI-ASH wrote:

I heard the inkbrush is horrible in all rank modes but im not sure now. Making s small path for the rainmaker holder to swim around is smart.

The Inkbrush is actually pretty good, though not much people seem to use it since it's tougher to use compared to a regular roller. The regular one is good for Turf Wars and Splat Zones while the other two are really good for Tower Control and Rainmaker.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Mk_II

ELI-ASH wrote:

Making s small path for the rainmaker holder to swim around is smart.

IMHO its is the best strategy if you want to score a Knock Out. It's really weird how many players try to struggle through heavily defended territory when there are alternative routes nobody is guarding. The Rainmaker is very vulnerable in a heavy melee and should try to avoid conflict

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Blue_Blur

Anyone want to do some squad or private battles like yesterday?

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Blue_Blur

@pikminfan22: Okay, I'll make the squad room.

Blue_Blur

@pikminfan22: Finished! You can rejoin now.

EDIT: Thanks for playing! Sorry we didn't do too well...

Edited on by Blue_Blur

shani

Mk_II wrote:

ELI-ASH wrote:

IMHO its is the best strategy if you want to score a Knock Out. It's really weird how many players try to struggle through heavily defended territory when there are alternative routes nobody is guarding. The Rainmaker is very vulnerable in a heavy melee and should try to avoid conflict

Yeah that's exactly what I experienced too and what annoyed me the most. If the players in your team are aware of the alternative routes and the nature of the rainmaker, you can score a quick win. But too often do your teammates just run off- maybe believing the rainmaker is powerful enough to defend itself - and leave you alone. No one to clear the path for you, you even have to paint the walls on Flounder Heights yourself. This can really slow you down and prevent your team from winning (especially if no one responds to your "to me" command).

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

shani wrote:

Mk_II wrote:

ELI-ASH wrote:

Yeah that's exactly what I experienced too and what annoyed me the most. If the players in your team are aware of the alternative routes and the nature of the rainmaker, you can score a quick win. But too often do your teammates just run off- maybe believing the rainmaker is powerful enough to defend itself - and leave you alone. No one to clear the path for you, you even have to paint the walls on Flounder Heights yourself. This can really slow you down and prevent your team from winning (especially if no one responds to your "to me" command).

I had a match where I was painting a path in the skate park up the far right side and when I finished I turned around to go help and to my surprise it was the Rainmaker and we had an easy victory. I've also jumped to it before on the Heights and seen they were alone and at about 40% of the way to victory. Paved that path as fast as I could and once again won. Did that for @OorWullie one game as well. Hate when it happens to your team though.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

shani

@Spoony_Tech: Hehe yeah, it can be a two-way road.
What's funny about it: I was in the very first rotation slot when Flounder Heights came out and the mode was rainmaker. It took me two matches to realize that the path on the right is the usual way to go, not through the middle, while the others - teammates and enemies - hadn't realized yet.
But now when I play it, most players go down the right path, but almost no one realizes that you can also take the enemy's right path aka the left path. That one can be even shorter but of course your enemy's could got there as well. ^^

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I had a match where I was painting a path in the skate park up the far right side and when I finished I turned around to go help and to my surprise it was the Rainmaker and we had an easy victory.

I always try to make a path for the Rainmaker if possible. What I hate is, when I do manage to create a path, I turn back around, and I usually find my teammate with the Rainmaker creating his own path where all of the opponents are! What a terrible idea when I just made a clear path!

I also hate it when you have the Rainmaker, and no one on your team swims ahead to protect you. If I don't have the Rainmaker, I always either always stay close to the Rainmaker and sacrifice myself so the Rainmaker can keep going, or I move on ahead and try to create a path. Either way, the Rainmaker should always have protection from his/her teammates. In my opinion, a great combo is two Inklings ahead of the Rainmaker, and one Inkling trailing behind. The Inkling following behind is in case we lose the Rainmaker and we can all jump back to that Inkling.

Rexcalibr

Blue_Blur wrote:

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I had a match where I was painting a path in the skate park up the far right side and when I finished I turned around to go help and to my surprise it was the Rainmaker and we had an easy victory.

I always try to make a path for the Rainmaker if possible. What I hate is, when I do manage to create a path, I turn back around, and I usually find my teammate with the Rainmaker creating his own path where all of the opponents are! What a terrible idea when I just made a clear path!

I always seem to get paired up with people like this. Just foolishness.

Also, nobody uses the beacons so I don't know why I waste my ink laying them out.

This is random but I wish you could attack Mo (the person that sells the headgear). She aways insults you if you accidentally try to buy the same item twice or you turn down an item (she says you are wasting her time). Untitled

Rexcalibr

Iggly

Rexcalibr wrote:

This is random but I wish you could attack Mo (the person that sells the headgear). She aways insults you if you accidentally try to buy the same item twice or you turn down an item (she says you are wasting her time). Untitled

Moe is actually the clown fish that lives in Annie's hair, the fish is a dude btw. I agree he can be annoying, but that's part of his personality.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

Rexcalibr wrote:

Also, nobody uses the beacons so I don't know why I waste my ink laying them out.

THIS. I don't mind so many people using Krak-On Paint Rollers, but only 10% (a very few number) of Inklings I see using the roller actually USE their special weapon! I'm a big fan of beacons, especially in Ranked battles, so I wish more people with that special actually placed them.

-Green-

Iggly wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

Moe is actually the clown fish that lives in Annie's hair, the fish is a dude btw. I agree he can be annoying, but that's part of his personality.

He's meant to serve as a foil to Annie, although in reality Moe is actually very cowardly.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Spoony_Tech

I seen some expertly place beacons in the last splatfest. So good I used them as well. The first was in Saltspray Rig. In the far back large area where everyone likes to own. On the moving platform. Almost no one even realizes it's there and I kept jumping to it and reclaiming that back area. When I first seen it I was like why is that beacon moving lol. The second was a bit more simple but on one of the moving vehicles on Port Makeral. Once again most people don't notice and if your team gets over run you can jump to it and get out of your own end. Obviously you would want the one closer to the enemies base. I'm sure some of you have seen this done as well but I thought both those were cool as I've never seen it done before.

@Blue_Blur I don't see them using them either because those 90% are too busy charging their Kraken over and over again. I've seen so many imo unskilled krack on rollers just charging that dumb thing up. What frustrates me is my weapon isn't quit strong enough to hold them off (.52 gal).

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

Blue_Blur

@Spoony_Tech: I feel your pain... I'm a Slosher, so I can't really defend myself, either. My only choice is to run! It annoys me the most when they use the Kraken when they're only one hit away from getting splatted!

MasterWario

Aromaiden wrote:

Iggly wrote:

Rexcalibr wrote:

He's meant to serve as a foil to Annie, although in reality Moe is actually very cowardly.

The problem with the little fish is when he says the thing after you buy a headgear, there's a pause where you can't do anything when he says something, but unlike Annie, you don't need to confirm the speech bubble with A. So I often times find myself spamming A and then accidentally clicking on the item I just bought...

And then (s)he says the "wastin' our time" or whatever...

Excuse me, you're wasting my time. I'm just trying to get out of the shop and you had to say something!

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic