Posts 621 to 640 of 14,636

Nicolai

Sparx wrote:

I hope the game is successful enough for us to see the game's brands on clothes

Me too. I've said this before, but I'd really like this shirt:
Untitled

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

PrincessSugoi

I've been saying since Day 2 that these squids need to be pimped out on anything Nintendo can think of. The emphasis on color and their simplistic yet wicked cool design is perfect for merchandise and that alone would be it's own form of advertisement. Hope we at least get some tees this summer.

An anime and manga tie in would be bomb too. Especially if the latter had the Ika Musume creator working on it.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Bolt_Strike

Captain_Toad wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Wonder which channels the Splatoon commercial will play on, besides the obvious Nickelodeon.

Cartoon Network, Disney, and Comedy Central would be good, that's where a lot of Nintendo's audience is if I'm not mistaken.

Comedy Central?

I tend to see a lot of Nintendo commercials on Comedy Central and Adult Swim actually. Probably because of nostalgia factor, those networks do well with 18-34 year olds and they can play the nostalgia card to that demographic.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

jump

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

If Donkey Kong Country could get a really forgetable (outside of expand dong memes) CGI series, Splatoon could absolutely have its own show. I think it'd be really fun. Nintendo hasn't had a new show based on one of its games in years either.

Donkey Kong Country was the best selling non-bundled Snes game (it outsold Mario Kart, Zelda, Street Fighter etc) which is why it got a show.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Ralizah

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

If Donkey Kong Country could get a really forgetable (outside of expand dong memes) CGI series, Splatoon could absolutely have its own show. I think it'd be really fun. Nintendo hasn't had a new show based on one of its games in years either.

See, the thing is that Nintendo properties were getting awful cartoons left and right at that time. That's... not really the case anymore. I doubt we'll see any Splatoon stuff that isn't either fanmade or officially done by Nintendo.

Considering how big an experiment it is, I'll just be happy if it doesn't bomb in sales, like I'm afraid Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. is going to.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Bolt_Strike

Ralizah wrote:

Considering how big an experiment it is, I'll just be happy if it doesn't bomb in sales, like I'm afraid Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. is going to.

There's almost no doubt in my mind that Splatoon is going to sell better than S.T.E.A.M, Splatoon has more hype behind it, more promotion, and has a broader appeal, there just seems to be a lot more consumer awareness and interest and that's going to help it. The question is how much though, it's still entirely possible Splatoon will beat out S.T.E.A.M. but still not do that well in the grand scheme of things (I could see both of them selling under 1 million).

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

There's almost no doubt in my mind that Splatoon is going to sell better than S.T.E.A.M, Splatoon has more hype behind it, more promotion, and has a broader appeal, there just seems to be a lot more consumer awareness and interest and that's going to help it. The question is how much though, it's still entirely possible Splatoon will beat out S.T.E.A.M. but still not do that well in the grand scheme of things (I could see both of them selling under 1 million).

Part of it was how the games were introduced. Splatoon got consumer awareness and hype because it was a last surprise (not counting Palutena and Miyamoto playing a blurred out Star Fox) during the Digital Event, which a ton of people were watching. STEAM was announced in a private developer roundtable that wasn't streamed at all, leaving us to find bits and pieces out through live blogs and Nintendo's Twitter updates. Also didn't help that the roundtable was announced beforehand, so we knew that there would be some mystery 3DS game announced, which people assumed would be MM3D or Metroid. If STEAM had been announced in the Digital Event, I think it would have a better reception.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Blast

I'm excited for STEAM... But Splatoon hype is real. This could be the next big thing.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Grumblevolcano

I really hope Nintendo don't do something stupid to ruin Splatoon's chances of doing well. By stupid, I mean releasing Smash DLC close to the game's release date. Releasing Mario Kart 8 DLC close wouldn't be a problem as Smash wasn't affected by the last pack.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Blast

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I really hope Nintendo don't do something stupid to ruin Splatoon's chances of doing well. By stupid, I mean releasing Smash DLC close to the game's release date. Releasing Mario Kart 8 DLC close wouldn't be a problem as Smash wasn't affected by the last pack.

Smash DLC will prolly be for E3. That's my guess. Mario Kart 8 DLC will hopefully come early May.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

NinjaWaddleDee

I just realized something. Why doesn't this game have an octopi survival mode? A team of four inklings vs an army of increasing octopi? That would be sweet! And a great idea for people that don't feel like playing competitive.

Edited on by NinjaWaddleDee

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

Grumblevolcano

Blast wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Smash DLC will prolly be for E3. That's my guess. Mario Kart 8 DLC will hopefully come early May.

The Mario Kart 8 DLC is definitely late May, NoJ and the NA eshop confirmed it. As for the Smash DLC, I would've thought "Spring" suggested earlier than June though around E3 would make sense. I really hope if it is then Treehouse don't use this as an excuse to pretty much only talk about Smash at E3 again. Last year was proof that for most people, when Smash arrives it devours everything.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Inkling

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I just realized something. Why doesn't this game have an octopi survival mode? A team of four inklings vs an army of increasing octopi? That would be sweet! And a great idea for people that don't feel like playing competitive.

I've been imagining this since the single-player trailer. Maybe like COD Zombies?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

NinjaWaddleDee

Inkling wrote:

NinjaWaddleDee wrote:

I've been imagining this since the single-player trailer. Maybe like COD Zombies?

Yeah, in a way. Maybe have New weapons drop every few rounds. Has anyone played mass effect 3's multiplayer? I'd like something like that. You have to complete random objectives around the map, or cover certain areas with ink within a time limit, while dealing with enemies.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

IceClimbers

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Last year was proof that for most people, when Smash arrives it devours everything.

Can confirm. Pokemon is usually my fall handheld game that I purchase, with one of the others put on my xmas wishlist. Smash was higher priority last year, which is saying something considering Pokemon is my all-time favorite franchise and the one annual franchise I'll buy into.

I think the Smash DLC will launch in April, or at least Mewtwo. The tourney update might come earlier if it's an "available immediately following this presentation" thing during a Direct. My reasoning for April is that it seems there is no major Wii U retail title coming that month, so that would be the perfect timing for Mewtwo.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

IceClimbers wrote:

What is this?Gameplay when you play alone?If that's the case, it looks boring especially with no music.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Bolt_Strike

TwilightAngel wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

What is this?Gameplay when you play alone?If that's the case, it looks boring especially with no music.

It's a tech demo, they're showing off how the weapons work.

Bolt_Strike

MsJubilee

Bolt_Strike wrote:

TwilightAngel wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

It's a tech demo, they're showing off how the weapons work.

Oh my bad then.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic