Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 4,741 to 4,760 of 14,636

OorWullie

@rjejr: If you click on your profile and scroll down it tells you how much ink you've covered with each weapon.It must be official for them to know that.I'm 3rd on the leaderboard for Turf Wars but way down for Ranked.it says the points are calculated by "The win in the battle, it will raise the ranking! Rankings will be reset at 0 every Sunday! (Index score is calculated with the number of wins × winning percentage × 10.)"

I think we can even arrange matches in advance.

Unsurprisignly Aerospray RG is my most used weapon by quite some distance.I've so far inked my way to 670092p.My next most used weapon is the Splattershot Jnr on only 15169p.Quite embarrassing actually,I need to sort that.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

rjejr

@OorWullie: Yeah thanks. After I typed that I messed around some more and even my 10 year old kid said it must be official to list all the weapons. Guess I should go back and edit, huh?

Here's my top weapons. I don't like much, but I try. Not a big fan of rollers or mops or buckets. Will try out the gatling at some point, maybe during spaltfest.

1 4 7, 6 2 9 p gold areospray, 1 0 3, 3 6 3 p .52 gal deco, 3 6, 4 7 5 p splatershot pro (maybe?) 2 8, 9 9 9 p silver aoerspray 2 7, 9 5 8 splatershot, 1 9, 8 9 9 p Jr.

Edited on by rjejr

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

OorWullie

@rjejr: Click the yellow blob above where it tells you your online friends.It looks like we can arrange match ups.Feeling pretty excited about this.Some of the games I played this morning on Turf Wars were the among the best I've had.Yesterday I got 750 stars for free for my Club Nintendo account for linking to my NNID even though I already had,free to play Fatal Frame and now this snazzy website ,these are pretty bold moves by Nintendo.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Spoony_Tech

@rjejr: I would like to know what those numbers even mean. Now if you click on the green my number is much greater then yours. I'm assuming that turf and the other is ranked. Like I said I went -4 the other day and that somehow affects my score I guess?

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rjejr

@OorWullie: Its only a bold move if it comes west, right now it's just pandering to their home country. jk, I'm confident it will come west, how hard could the front end be w/ the back end in place? The fact that our western accounts even show up on the japanese site means we're already in the system. Maybe after Reggie wakes up in a few hours he'll get somebody on it.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

rjejr

@Spoony_Tech: According to my 10 year old best guess those photos match up to turf war and ranked. I saw you were ahead of me on turf war, you can put that on your twitter feed. Does Mr Bubble show up on your feed, I'm guessing he's above both of us?

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Spoony_Tech

@rjejr: actually he's only 76 on turf and 142 on ranked. I do believe he's A ranked though.

Actually he's A+

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

yokokazuo

The way the ranking works is that it takes your number of wins times your win percentage times 10.
Edit: didn't realize OorWullie already said that. @Spoony_Tech by "what do the numbers mean", do you mean the one's in rjejr's picture?

Also for the stages, ガチエリア/Gachi eria(area) is Splat Zones and ガチヤグラ Gachi yagura(tower) is Tower Control.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Nintendo_Ninja

I'm taking a break from Splatoon. It's not just the aerosprays (rg or not) turning subpar players into superstars, ( I'm not saying I'm a superstar, but it's kind of hard to not say it turns bad players good when it can shoot faster than anybody). The bucket is op, with a fast recharge, good sub and specials, and a rediculous amount of ink that can be launched. It also renders cover useless, since it can splatter over it. :/

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Spoony_Tech

@yokokazuo: I think I understand it now but is the only thing that's x10 the wins?

MERG said:

yokokazuo

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@yokokazuo: I think I understand it now but is the only thing that's x10 the wins?

Ya for example, in ranked matches I had about 5 wins or so then had a bunch of losses which would make my win percentage about 26. 5x0.26x10 would equal my score which is currently 13.

(I don't remember my exact wins/losses, but it is probably around that and my score is at 13)

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

chardir

@VeeFlamesNL: Awesome site!

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

Spoony_Tech

You know a game is good when it reaches 1000 posts then alone 5000. Not too many game related topics can do that. This has been by far my best experience on the Wii U to date and had got me back into the competitive urge again with online shooters. There is a lot of good games on the system but this game keeps on giving.

MERG said:

yokokazuo

Also I think someone had posted that website earlier along with a reddit translation of Nintendo's tweet talking about it.
Found it

jariw wrote:

Here's the Reddit translation for the new "Ikaling" online service, where you can see stats, etc. Unfortunatelly, the web pages are Japanese-only at the moment. You should apparently be able to see upcoming map rotations there a well there.

1.For everyone battling online we're launching a friend networking service called "Ikaling" starting today. Login with your Nintendo Network ID and you can see at a glance your friends' play statuses.
2.In Ikaling, you can input your planned battle times beforehand so that you can let your friends meet up with you. It's linked to Twitter, so you can make plans that way too. If you see a friend who meets your schedule, go and enter a battle together!
3.In Ikaling, you can see the rankings amongst your friends. Score is calculated individually for both Turf Wars and Ranked Battles based on how many times you've won and win percentage. It is reset every week on Sunday at midnight, so you can compete with your friends every week.

The online service is found at:
https://splatoon.nintendo.net

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

OneBagTravel

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

I'm taking a break from Splatoon. It's not just the aerosprays (rg or not) turning subpar players into superstars, ( I'm not saying I'm a superstar, but it's kind of hard to not say it turns bad players good when it can shoot faster than anybody). The bucket is op, with a fast recharge, good sub and specials, and a rediculous amount of ink that can be launched. It also renders cover useless, since it can splatter over it. :/

I mostly agree with your points but I feel these weapons are so close range weapons that it counter acts their power. I've ran into good players using the bucket as a sneak attack device. I also find myself getting blind sided by the spraycan and buckets since the patch release. But if I'm going toe to toe with them, the range of my Splattershot will take them out.

These weapons have just caused me to be more cautious of my left and right flanks.

I'm just glad to see less roller squads lol

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

ultraraichu

yokokazuo wrote:

Also I think someone had posted that website earlier along with a reddit translation of Nintendo's tweet talking about it.
Found it

jariw wrote:

Here's the Reddit translation for the new "Ikaling" online service, where you can see stats, etc. Unfortunatelly, the web pages are Japanese-only at the moment. You should apparently be able to see upcoming map rotations there a well there.

1.For everyone battling online we're launching a friend networking service called "Ikaling" starting today. Login with your Nintendo Network ID and you can see at a glance your friends' play statuses.
2.In Ikaling, you can input your planned battle times beforehand so that you can let your friends meet up with you. It's linked to Twitter, so you can make plans that way too. If you see a friend who meets your schedule, go and enter a battle together!
3.In Ikaling, you can see the rankings amongst your friends. Score is calculated individually for both Turf Wars and Ranked Battles based on how many times you've won and win percentage. It is reset every week on Sunday at midnight, so you can compete with your friends every week.

The online service is found at:
https://splatoon.nintendo.net

So I guess the real credit or at least the first credit goes to @jariw. It's unfortunate that it was the 2nd to last post on the page, wasn't enough time for me to even see it the way this board is so active. By the time you respond to one topic, a new one start 3 post ago.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

ultraraichu

Spoony_Tech wrote:

You know a game is good when it reaches 1000 posts then alone 5000. Not too many game related topics can do that. This has been by far my best experience on the Wii U to date and had got me back into the competitive urge again with online shooters. There is a lot of good games on the system but this game keeps on giving.

It's probably because there is always something new to talk about or experience. It's like every week there is some new announcement be it weapon, Splatfest, or others and everyday someone finds something interesting on the web. Things never get dull around here.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic