Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 14,636

Iggly

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Well That may be but he's still in a different time zone. Sad to say but he belongs with us lol.

You act like that's a bad thing.

I wonder if Moray Towers will be in this Splatfest because it looked gorgeous in the trailer.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

rjejr

@Spoony_Tech: - So you're sticking w/ Friday midnight to Saturday midnight as the time? (midnight is so confusing, I really wish people would stop using it, though having the end time certainly helps in this case.) And you know I was just trying to give the guy an out about being wrong about the time.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Spoony_Tech

@Undead_terror: Good, as long as you're team water slides. If not then it makes me sad.

@Iggly I love are brothers and sisters to the north. You guys have never harmed a fly.

@rjejr It's a half an hour to midnight, there I used it again so get over it!

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Well, this was an unproductive evening. Started out mid B- rank, dropped to high C+, then ended at mid B- rank.

At least I maxed out my level and got some decent equipment from the shop, though!

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Undead_terror

Guess I vill get on to vote for that...not gonna play though since I'm just not in the mood to play it, butt since voting helps out a lot, then ya got my support.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Undead_terror: Chalk up one for the good guys!! Why do I feel like I'm in High School again? O.o

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

....So, why no Tower Control? :c

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

jump

New weapons on the way tomorrow, another Nes Zapper and another Paintbrush to be added!

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

whodatninja

Is it foolish to try and buy every single weapon and piece of clothing in the game? I have the completionist mindset that I need to collect EVERYTHING! Is the selection just infinite?

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

jump

whodatninja wrote:

Is it foolish to try and buy every single weapon and piece of clothing in the game? I have the completionist mindset that I need to collect EVERYTHING! Is the selection just infinite?

Not really as I have all the weapons and clothes that are available to buy already, once you get into the higher rank battles you start earning lots of money and with Splatfests I didn't need to spend any of it on Snails.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

whodatninja

@arronishere: Oh neat! Guess it's doable!!

I actually played many hours of Ranked last night, and had a good time with it. I was winning the majority of the matches! Like you can win Bluefin Depot very quickly if your team knows what they're doing Although the fact that the stage is not a mirror image from both sides kind of threw me off for a while lol (There's also only a single Splatzone for some reason!)

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Xyphon22

I had a pretty productive night last night. I finally got to rank 20, I finally got out of the Cs in ranked battle (although I got creamed in my first match as a B- and quit, so I don't expect to stay there long), and for no apparent reason I maxed out all my stats in single player. I also had enough money to buy every single weapon. Now I just need to start trying them. Any suggestions on what I should try to learn? I usually use the original Aerospray (I like the Seeker sub weapon better than the ones on the gold Aerospray) or a roller for fun, and also like the Zapper. I've never been good with the snipers, but I remember there being one (or more?) with a scope that lets you zoom in. Which one is that?

I also have a couple of questions that I want to know what I am missing or just ignorant to. Can rollers destroy Seekers? We pretty much lost that B- match because we were doing Splat Zones on Port Mackerel, we had both zones but I was the only one protecting our own zone. A roller came at me, I was like "I've got this", but he just ran right over my Seeker, splatted me, and they took over and ran away with it. I don't know what happened and why it didn't work? He didn't hide in the ink or anything. Also, I had one time where I sent a Seeker at someone who hid and ran, but into a dead end. I turned the corner and there was nothing but my own ink color there, but I sprayed anyway and splatted him/her. How were they hiding in my ink color? Finally, I had times I was hiding in ink not moving, behind a wall or other obstruction, and still a sniper would see me and nail me and I'd be splatted. How do they see me even though I'm hiding in the ink? And can snipers shoot through walls, or just certain ones, or is something else going on there? Like I said I've never been good with snipers. Thanks.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

whodatninja

@Xyphon22: I've fought people who lagged considerably and I witnessed similar things. That's probably what happened.

On the other thing, I don't know. Are you completely invisible in the ink without Ninja Squid equipped?

whodatninja

Spoony_Tech

@Xyphon22: Yeah, what was said above. I had some matches last night where I did very well but man they were lagging. I got splated one time and when they showed the person that got me they were re-spawning in their base. Talking about a delayed kill. Usually those matches end in a disconnect long before they finish but that ones lasted the whole time.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

jariw

Xyphon22 wrote:

I also have a couple of questions that I want to know what I am missing or just ignorant to. Can rollers destroy Seekers?

IIRC, a seeker can destroy a seeker, perhaps other subs can as well. Anyhow, the most common way to avoid a seeker is to just wait and jump over it when it arrives. That might be what the roller player did?

Xyphon22 wrote:

How were they hiding in my ink color?

The player probably uses ink resistance ability, well leveled up. The will slowly get damage, but survives pretty long. However, they do show up on the map when they are covered by your color.

Ink Resistance is pretty popular for short-range weapons, such as rollers/blasters/etc.

Xyphon22 wrote:

How do they see me even though I'm hiding in the ink?

4 possibilities that comes to mind:
1. You killed a player with the Haunt ability
2. The Echolocator is used by the opponent team
3. Point Sensor sub has been used
4. You accidentally got opponent ink on you just before hiding (it takes a while for it to wear off)

Xyphon22 wrote:

And can snipers shoot through walls, or just certain ones, or is something else going on there?

They can't shoot through walls. Skilled snipers on ground usually have swim speed or walking up abilities, so they swiftly move from one spot to another. Or it was a player with a lagging connection.

jariw

whodatninja

@Spoony_Tech: Yeah, delayed kills are the worst. I'm thinking I don't need to activate my bubble shield, because i already killed the dude, but nope he got me while he (or I) was lagging and clipping all over the place :/

whodatninja

Xyphon22

Wow, thanks for all the responses. There were a lot of lag issues last night (I had one match where I ended up in a 1 v. 4, not fun), so that probably had to do with it. The other things make sense, too, I don't usually pay much attention to all the abilities and stuff, I didn't know they could hide in my own ink with Ink Resistance. The sniper I still don't get though. I saw the sniper on a wall, watched his yellow line search for me, and then he got me even though I was hiding behind something. Oh, well. I'm sure I was just sticking out somewhere and he had something like Echolocator that helped him find me. I don't know. Maybe I will try them out myself now that I am level 20 to see if I can get used to them.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Joeynator3000

....Ok then. :/

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic