Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,981 to 4,000 of 14,636

rjejr

I'm guessing 60-40 roller coaster over water slide. Would have been a nice choice for 4th of July though, but maybe not so much when it was originally scheduled for June 18th.

So will we get warehouse, rig and arrowwana mall as our 3 stages for 24 hours again? I might just skip it entirely if the warehouse is 1 of the 3. It's turf war, everybody knows how to play it, we should get some better stages. Actually the rig isn't too bad, lots of area to ink. Maybe Port mackerel instead of the warehouse, it's still lame but at least it's much bigger. And kelp dome. The new tower level I'm assuming won't be in, doesn't seem turf war friendly.

Roller coaster, of love, ooh ooh ooh

Untitled

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

OorWullie

@rjejr: Curious why you dislike the Warehouse so much?I actually don't mind it,it can get a bit boring after 4 hours but still I've had some great battles on it.It can get pretty mental at times trying to gain control of the middle.Its probably the best map for staging a late comeback too.I used to dislike the Rig but it's grown on me..Still not a fan of it for Splat Zones though,the spawn point is too far from the zone.If yer whole team gets picked off,preventing ye from making a super jump it's hard to make a comeback.I like all the maps actually,they all offer something different ,Bluefin Depot and Blackbelly Skatepark are my favourites though.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

professorOak

@Aozz: even better, have two competitions clash. I'd actually be interested to see who'd come out on top if a Splatfest was, say, Mario vs. Zelda. I know I would actually have to take some time to decide on which team to throw in with on that one.

Nintendo Network ID: JibbahJabbahwock

rjejr

@OorWullie: - "Curious why you dislike the Warehouse so much?I"

It's too small and boring. Tower control really seemed pointless, same for splat zones. And we played it so much over the 3 testfires I've seen it enough. Port Mackerel is kinda like warehouse but w/ 2 splat zones in ranked mode it becomes much more frantic. And after playing all the cool stuff in the single player - moving platforms, invisible walls and floors, ink fountains, sponges - well the warehouse plays even more dull. What I don't get is why everybody dislikes Arowana mall so much, it's like the warehouse but w/ water, better viewing side areas and ramps. Size wise though it's even more similar to the warehouse than Port Mackerel but w/ the other ideas added in for fun.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

ELI-ASH

@Nicolai People are speculating the death cries are Octarians dieing because you took their last source of energy,the zapfish.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Inkling

I still haven't got my Super Sea Snails from the Splatfest.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Undead_terror

With splatfest happening next week...really don't think I need to enter really, I still got 21 snails out of 24 to use butt got nothing to use them for, might just enter to get a high team rank.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Inkling: Did they ever show you the results? Of not I would contact Nintendo because you should've got them then.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Inkling

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@Inkling: Did they ever show you the results? Of not I would contact Nintendo because you should've got them then.

Nope, they didn't. I was just told to stay tuned :/

Edited on by Inkling

Spoony_Tech

@Inkling: I think we all got the results the next day.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Inkling

@Spoony_Tech: Still waiting on them though.

BigBabyPeach

So I've been loving this game, but I have 1 major criticism that must have been mentioned already:

I have noticed that some players can wildly jump around while shooting at you and it makes it harder to hit them. I have gyro controls turned off, so my right thumb is on the right analogue stick while fighting, which means I can't hit X to jump around. So basically, players who aren't using motion controls are at a slight disadvantage. Why can't we assign the jump button to the left trigger, or does that trigger serve another purpose that I missed??

BigBabyPeach

jariw

rjejr wrote:

@OorWullie: - "Curious why you dislike the Warehouse so much?I"

It's too small and boring. Tower control really seemed pointless, same for splat zones. And we played it so much over the 3 testfires I've seen it enough. Port Mackerel is kinda like warehouse but w/ 2 splat zones in ranked mode it becomes much more frantic. And after playing all the cool stuff in the single player - moving platforms, invisible walls and floors, ink fountains, sponges - well the warehouse plays even more dull. What I don't get is why everybody dislikes Arowana mall so much, it's like the warehouse but w/ water, better viewing side areas and ramps. Size wise though it's even more similar to the warehouse than Port Mackerel but w/ the other ideas added in for fun.

Couldn't disagree more about the Warehouse. Tactically, it's one of the most interesting Turf War maps unless you just stay in the middle part. If you manage to take the enemy area to the upper right, it can become a pretty interesting Turf War session. And there are still way too few people who use the additions made for Tower Control on that stage, which is one of the keys to winning on that stage/mode.

The Mall's biggest issue is with the chokepoint and stage-optimized weapons, it's almost impossible to move beyond the middle when the teams are skilled enough. A similar but reversed problem is with Port Mackerel - if one team pushes the other team back to the open area at 1/3, it's almost impossible for a skilled team to loose. OTOH, the Mall (and Port Mackerel) is probably the map where weapon selections matter the most.

jariw

-Green-

I really hope that guy from the interview was hinting at spongers and other things being available in future Multiplayer maps. He did say they were making more "technical" maps, so it sounds very interesting.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

luke17

Yep, I will vote for whatever is seen as most popular because that's what Splatfest is all about...a popularity contest. It's not even about Splatoon or the game itself....if you want more snails just hop on the bandwagon. Brilliant Nintendo, just brilliant.

luke17

Iggly

They really need to fix the rating system in ranked battles because I've been losing a lot of points and not gaining much lately because the game keeps pairing me up with people who are either below or above my rank. I'm not suggesting they should not allow people from different ranks to join me because the matchmaking would take long if it did. What I am suggesting is just keep the point distribution to 10 points for either wins or losses since I'm getting tired of losing 12/14 points and gaining only 6/8 points.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

-Green-

Iggly wrote:

They really need to fix the rating system in ranked battles because I've been losing a lot of points and not gaining much lately because the game keeps pairing me up with people who are either below or above my rank. I'm not suggesting they should not allow people from different ranks to join me because the matchmaking would take long if it did. What I am suggesting is just keep the point distribution to 10 points for either wins or losses since I'm getting tired of losing 12/14 points and gaining only 6/8 points.

That's been an issue since the beginning that I really hope they fix. They have been effort into fixing things in the game, so I really think it's only a matter of time before they have fixed it.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Iggly

Jazzer94 wrote:

@Iggly: I've never seen 6 or 14 points distributed.

This usually isn't an issue in Splat Zones, but since not much of the A (not talking about A-) ranked players play Tower Control (or at least from my match experiences), it usually pairs me up with lower ranked people with the small times where the team has C+ and B- people who win which then decreases my score by 14. The 6 points one is a bit more common for me in Splat Zones since the game usually pairs me up with people who are above my rank like 3 A+ people so my rank would only go up by 6.

Edited on by Iggly

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic