Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,941 to 3,960 of 14,636

rjejr

@Spoony_Tech: - "Also noticed that Tower Control didn't get switched out this last level update. Glad as I wanted to play it more."

So now it's random? I'm not a big fan of the rotation, but my OCD type A personalty likes randomness even less. If they are going to randomly change ranked modes every 4 hours they really need Callie and Marie to tell us which mode is happening. Or course they really should tell us anyway.

Daylight savings time is going to break Spaltoon. I can only imagine what happens Feb 29, 2016.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

Spoony_Tech wrote:

I would like them to continue to offer new clothing for ranking up. It really wouldn't change much other then apperance but still would be worth something to level for.

Are we ready for Mario, Luigi and Link hats yet, or are we still flying the "Spaltoon has to stand on it's own!" banner? (I'm not sure who the "we" are meant for, it just came out that way.) I don't want the actual characters in the game - they can save Sapltoon:SSB ed for next summer - but what harm is a hat? Kirby wears them all the time.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Spoony_Tech

@rjejr Keep all other franchises out of Splatoon please.

If Splatoon wasn't successful then I would think Nintendo would try to add any Mario they could but they seem surprised how well it's doing and on its own as well. I think we're safe for a long while......I hope.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

jariw

rjejr wrote:

@Spoony_Tech: - "Also noticed that Tower Control didn't get switched out this last level update. Glad as I wanted to play it more."

So now it's random? I'm not a big fan of the rotation, but my OCD type A personalty likes randomness even less. If they are going to randomly change ranked modes every 4 hours they really need Callie and Marie to tell us which mode is happening. Or course they really should tell us anyway.

Daylight savings time is going to break Spaltoon. I can only imagine what happens Feb 29, 2016.

I read from someone at NewGAF that the rotations for Ranked modes is non-random 8 hours. Don't know if that's correct or not.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Spoony_Tech

@jariw: That makes sense as 2 days ago at 10am my time it switched to splat zones. Yesterday it stayed tower control at the same time.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rjejr

Spoony_Tech wrote:

@jariw: That makes sense as 2 days ago at 10am my time it switched to splat zones. Yesterday it stayed tower control at the same time.

So it switches every 8 hours now? And we have to learn it form NEOGAF? Doesn't Spaltoon have a Twitter account?

What happens to Spaltoon when SMM comes out? That's what I'm worried about. I know it's a different fanbase but they are both on Wii U, and level making can be very addicting. Maybe they'll celebrate the 30th anniversary of Mario w/ Spaltoon Mario hats. Sorry Spoony, but you know it's coming.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

bluedogrulez

The new bedazzled .92 guns with the kraken were hard to deal with last night! Snipers have a new option.

This game keeps getting better and better. ***HOLDS BREATH FOR AEROSPRAY w/ KRAKEN COMBO***

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

-Green-

bluedogrulez wrote:

The new bedazzled .92 guns with the kraken were hard to deal with last night! Snipers have a new option.

This game keeps getting better and better. ***HOLDS BREATH FOR AEROSPRAY w/ KRAKEN COMBO***

The sploosh-o-matic is also amazing.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Nintendo_Ninja

If Aerospray gets kraken combo I'll be really unhappy.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

-Green-

@Nintendo_Ninja: I don't think they're releasing anymore versions of the Aerospray.

Jazzer94

Kraken got nerfed so hard (more happy then sad about this) that I feel it is now one of the weakest specials.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

-Green-

Jazzer94 wrote:

Kraken got nerfed so hard (more happy then sad about this) that I feel it is now one of the weakest specials.

Definitely. I find it to be far weaker to the Bubbler. Since a single person can easily hold it off, and it lacks any form of range it's basically over if they stop you, unless you manage to get away.

Now I wait patiently for some weapon nerfs.

iphys

I still use Kraken and it's no less effective than it used to be. People used to run away, but now they just stand there and try to shoot me, so I dodge diagonally to find a way to get at them instead. Basically instead of having to chase them down, I just have to deal with getting knocked back a couple times now. If anything I get more kills because I don't lose sight of people running away so much anymore.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

-Green-

iphys wrote:

I still use Kraken and it's no less effective than it used to be. People used to run away, but now they just stand there and try to shoot me, so I dodge diagonally to find a way to get at them instead. Basically instead of having to chase them down, I just have to deal with getting knocked back a couple times now. If anything I get more kills because I don't lose sight of people running away so much anymore.

People will probably just become accustom to that and start backing away and shooting (just like they did with Rollers when the game first came out, and I always though it pretty dumb to ever want to stand still in Splatoon). At least that's my strategy and so far it works great.

Edited on by -Green-

jariw

Apparently, someone in Japan built a real-life inkzooka, fueled with water.
Untitled

jariw

Spoony_Tech

@jariw: That's just......hilarious!

MERG said:

myturbo6

I hate to say it, but I finally broke down and bought the Splatoon Amiibo 3 pack from a scalper.

Edited on by myturbo6

myturbo6

ultraraichu

Looks like it's time for the second America Splatfest. The choice this time is
Untitled
Roller Coaster versus Water Slide

The Splatfest will begin on Friday, July 17th at 9:00 PM PT (12 AM EST) and will end on July 18th at 9:00 PM (12 AM EST).

I'm not a big fan of getting wet outdoors, so I'm going with team roller coaster for this one.

Source: http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/123671467907/announcing-the...

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

-Green-

ultraraichu wrote:

Looks like it's time for the second America Splatfest. The choice this time is
Untitled
Roller Coaster versus Water Slide

The Splatfest will begin on Friday, July 17th at 9:00 PM PT (12 AM EST) and will end on July 18th at 9:00 PM (12 AM EST).

I'm not a big fan of getting wet outdoors, so I'm going with team roller coaster for this one.

Source: http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/123671467907/announcing-the...

Yay Team Rollercoaster all the way. Although Nintendo really should do something about all the server and matchmaking issues before then.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic