Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,921 to 3,940 of 14,636

iphys

Plateface wrote:

Also, has anyone else noticed people spamming ZL after a kill? It just happened to me by the same guy every time he killed me, and I'm guessing anyone else, I suppose they were taunting. I hope it doesn't catch on like the hopping.

That's an immature gesture that some people are calling seabagging or inksacking, and super gross if you realize what it's supposed to be imitating.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Nintendo_Ninja

All of these ranked modes are getting on my nerves. Whenever I played tower control today it seemed to be Aerospray RG mode. You couldn't even get close to the tower without one. At least Turf War is always available.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

-Green-

@Nintendo_Ninja: Aerosprays (and all other popular close to mid range) are always going to be popular in every mode, unless they: A) nerf it B) we get a mode which requires long range combat or C) introduce a superior weapon.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

TeeJay

So the developers are thinking about raising the level cap. Here's a snippet from an interview:

Sakaguchi: "Er… That is also under investigation currently… We originally expected level 20 to require a nice amount of time to play."

Nogami: "[The leveling up has been] so fast that it makes me worry about players’ daily life…"

To be honest, I was actually surprised when I learned the level cap was just 20. I figured it was only a matter of time before they raised the level cap. In fact I thought it was intentional, that it was like how they waited for everyone to reach level 10 before unlocking Ranked Battles. I thought they were planning for most people to reach level 20 and then raise it up to 40 or something.

Also, I lolled at the little jab at how we have no lives, haha. It's funny cause it's true

That being said, I still haven't reached level 20 yet. I think currently I'm at level 17. I need to get on that.

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

rallydefault

@TeeJay: I'll be honest, I'm a pretty "casual" player when it comes to Splatoon - a couple hours here and there. Usually about an hour per day on average, I guess.

Anyway, I am also pretty surprised at how many people are level 20! I'm still only level 11 lol

I do spend a lot of time on the single player stuff, though, so that might throw it off.

rallydefault

multicoloredyoshi

@TeeJay: It would be nice to increase the level cap. Despite the jab at people having no lives, it really takes no time to level up when you can consistently get over 1000 points in turf war, and level incredibly fast if you are good at Ranked. Though not sure it serves much purpose other than bragging rights. Levels were more related to weapon unlocks then anything else and don't think they want to make weapons or modes that you can only access after 20. Wonder what they would increase it to.
EDIT: Maybe if they gave snails or cash bonuses when you got higher levels then that would be pretty awesome.

Edited on by multicoloredyoshi

multicoloredyoshi

Nintendo Network ID: GWYoshi

Spoony_Tech

I would like them to continue to offer new clothing for ranking up. It really wouldn't change much other then apperance but still would be worth something to level for.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

rjejr

Aromaiden wrote:

@Nintendo_Ninja: Aerosprays (and all other popular close to mid range) are always going to be popular in every mode, unless they: A) nerf it B) we get a mode which requires long range combat or C) introduce a superior weapon.

As somebody who relies too much on the ARG I agree w/ everything you said. My idea of shaking things up is switching between silver and gold. .52 gal for Port Mackerel and the rig, but that's abut it. I thought tower control would be a high wire act causing me to consider a longer range weapon but that turned out not to be the case, so back to aerospray I went.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Kaze_Memaryu

Plateface wrote:

Also, has anyone else noticed people spamming ZL after a kill? It just happened to me by the same guy every time he killed me, and I'm guessing anyone else, I suppose they were taunting. I hope it doesn't catch on like the hopping.

It's the Splatoon version of teabagging, for the most part. But I don't mind it, since I can see the opponents very easily when they're flopping about.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

jariw

I just had a pretty interesting match in Tower Control. Everyone in the opposing team except one had a positive K/D ratio. Everyone in our team had a negative K/D ratio. And although our team members were splatted the most, we won easily. A replay feature would be really nice to have, to study the crucial moments of such matches.

jariw

Spoony_Tech

jariw wrote:

I just had a pretty interesting match in Tower Control. Everyone in the opposing team except one had a positive K/D ratio. Everyone in our team had a negative K/D ratio. And although our team members were splatted the most, we won easily. A replay feature would be really nice to have, to study the crucial moments of such matches.

That's what I love about this game, you can rally and do well even if you were down and still win. I've won before when we all got together and got a good push towards the goal.

Also noticed that Tower Control didn't get switched out this last level update. Glad as I wanted to play it more.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

ultraraichu

EdJericho wrote:

Plateface wrote:

I've seen it happen twice once around the time the game came out and the other during Splatfest. I couldn't help but find it funny tho since it looks like it's some kind lag problem like when you see people moon walking or getting killed by someone who's already dead and the camera points to a spot where no one is even there. I just use Booyah, even tho they can't hear it they still see the animation and it's more satisfying when someone Booyah's back.

With all the talk about squidbagging or whatever the unofficial term is, I never seen anyone do that, or at least to me. I guess when you're playing in turf war, you always have to be on guard since you don't want to waste anytime for someone to revenge splat or ink over your turf.

I do tend to look at the map after I get splat to see if and where to jump to (especially when I'm wearing a outfit with Recon) and I sometimes see a sound wave from the other team which I always assume is a BooYah. That I see more as a taunt, like the inkling saying "In Your Face".

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

ultraraichu

pikminfan22 wrote:

Well just had a match where it was 4 vs 0 in Turf War lol XD Not sure what happened to the enemy team — maybe they raged quit or got disconnected... lol It was kinda fun though

How much did your team win by? I would be surprised if it was anything less than 97% since no one is there to fight you off.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

jariw

ultraraichu wrote:

pikminfan22 wrote:

Well just had a match where it was 4 vs 0 in Turf War lol XD Not sure what happened to the enemy team — maybe they raged quit or got disconnected... lol It was kinda fun though

How much did your team win by? I would be surprised if it was anything less than 97% since no one is there to fight you off.

...and the main problem with no competition in Turf War is that the personal scores will be really low, since there are no competitors repainting the ground.

jariw

Aozz101x

ugh! (Facepalm)
http://gonintendo.com/stories/237980-splatoon-hackers-now-man...
although im sure nintendo is pretty good on ban hammer hackers,

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

-Green-

@Aozz: Yeah. Nintendo is already pretty strict. If they use those online, I'm pretty sure Nintendo will perma-ban them.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

jariw

Aozz wrote:

ugh! (Facepalm)
http://gonintendo.com/stories/237980-splatoon-hackers-now-man...
although im sure nintendo is pretty good on ban hammer hackers,

AFAIK, that's the same hacker that leaked the available on-disc weapons and stages and I think the hacks only works offline (with older Wii U OS versions). If we're getting leaks about what's in some upcoming downloadable update, then the Splatoon community might be affected.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic