Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,901 to 3,920 of 14,636

-Green-

@Kaze_Memaryu: I'm hoping the last four unknown maps are special maps that incorporate the Invisible Walls, Geysers, Sponges, and Ink Rails. One for each.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Kai_

So, uh, what's up with people going to the opposite side of Bluefin Depot instead of to the splat zone in ranked? I don't get it. I mean sure, you can hold them off from that side but it doesn't exactly help you defend the actual splat zone.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

jump

Plateface wrote:

So, uh, what's up with people going to the opposite side of Bluefin Depot instead of to the splat zone in ranked? I don't get it. I mean sure, you can hold them off from that side but it doesn't exactly help you defend the actual splat zone.

Yes it does, smarter opponents can use the ramps as sniper points, routes to sneak and attack behind you etc so ink the area and you can see them coming also it helps to build up your special which is harder in areas where it's already covered in your teams ink.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Kai_

Not when you've already lost the splat zone and they spend the entire round going to that side instead of just getting the zone back.

Kai_

rjejr

Plateface wrote:

Not when you've already lost the splat zone and they spend the entire round going to that side instead of just getting the zone back.

That used to bother me, especially if it looks like somebody is playing turf war rather than splat zone, but 3 people can usually cover the splat zone pretty quick, and those sniper guns aren't very good at coverage anyway, so I'm ok if 1 person hits the wrong side and sets up camp on 1 of those ramps to defend. Though it does work better when you are trying to hold the zone rather than take it away. And if you can hold the zone for a bit then somebody sneaking up the back side can easily take out the other team while they are just rushing down there to get the zone back.

So I'm ok w/ it now, as long as it's only 1 person and they look like they know what they are doing. That person isn't me though, .52 gal or aerospray, and jumping that ramp isn't my thing.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

Aromaiden wrote:

@Kaze_Memaryu: I'm hoping the last four unknown maps are special maps that incorporate the Invisible Walls, Geysers, Sponges, and Ink Rails. One for each.

Oh, forgot about the sponges. And the geysers. I really thought tower control platforms would be higher and we would need to ride those rails to get there. Not all the time, but in sections, like over the kelp dome walls. I actually thinks it's weird we can't use the tower control pipe to get to the tower, that would be nice.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Xyphon22

Yeah I had one I was really proud of the other day. I had never played Bluefin Depot before, and we were getting creamed. They were down to 20-something and we were still in the 90s. Then I noticed them sniping and picking us off from up top on their side. I managed to sneak past, ink and climb a wall, and I started battling 3 of them up there. I managed to take out a couple and just jumped back down when things got too hot. Suddenly the message "We have taken the lead" flashed on screen, and I was like "How did that happen?" Then I realized the rest of my team had been playiing 3-on-1 and easily took and held the zone while I held off the other 3 enemies. It was a good win as I usually do not play with a ton of strategy like that.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Kai_

@rjejr: Yeah, I mean, it's fine if 1 goes, and then comes back when the zone gets taken, it's just when they decide to camp that side instead for the entire round.

Also, has anyone else noticed people spamming ZL after a kill? It just happened to me by the same guy every time he killed me, and I'm guessing anyone else, I suppose they were taunting. I hope it doesn't catch on like the hopping.

Kai_

Spoony_Tech

Yep, in the Depot I once seen my son flank them, take out the whole team and proceeded to take the match. I have it a try since we were losing 40 something to 100 and it worked and we won. Lots of different strategy you can use in this game.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

So I discovered I'm quite a bit better at Tower Control than Splat Zones. I went up to C+ rank playing Tower Control over and over until the mode changed to Splat Zones, and then I proceeded to drop down to C rank.

I wonder about the matchmaking in this game. One of the Splatfest battles matched my team of 4 against one guy. It was a little pathetic. We just camped outside his spawn point once the map was covered until the timer ran out.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: I quoted you a few pages back lol. It was from over a year ago and your comment was from the first page.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Spoony_Tech: Yeah, yeah, I ended up paying double what I said my upper limit for this game was. Even more if you consider I bought two of the Amiibo for myself and one for my nephew.

It did definitely turn out to be a lot of fun, though, even if I'm not great at the game. There are certain types of games I consider myself to be quite good at, but third-person shooters aren't one of them. I'm not awful, though. I probably carry about a quarter of my matches and am merely serviceable in the rest of them.

Mk_II

Ralizah: wrote:

I wonder about the matchmaking in this game. One of the Splatfest battles matched my team of 4 against one guy. It was a little pathetic. We just camped outside his spawn point once the map was covered until the timer ran out.

that one guy must have been me.. the most bizarre match i've ever played. Not much fun for me though

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

Ralizah

Mk_II wrote:

Ralizah: wrote:

that one guy must have been me.. the most bizarre match i've ever played. Not much fun for me though

Were you Team Cat? Was it in the Warehouse stage? If so, I'm so sorry. Those were the least deserved points I've ever racked up in that game.

I'm just surprised the game would go ahead with something like that. 3 vs 4 matches already feel unfair enough.

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah: He's EU so couldn't of been him.

MERG said:

Ralizah

I wonder how often that happens.

Qun_Mang

The matchmaking for my 1 v 4 (and another 2 v 4) actually showed 4 v 4 on the matchmaking screen, but when the stage loaded, it was just me (and one other in the 2 v 4 game) on the our pad. Well, it showed me a 4 v 4 game anyway- I don't know what it showed anyone else. Both times it was Kelp Dome, so give a shout out if you were on the Dog team with all four players.

Edited on by Qun_Mang

Qun_Mang

rjejr

Plateface wrote:

@rjejr: Yeah, I mean, it's fine if 1 goes, and then comes back when the zone gets taken, it's just when they decide to camp that side instead for the entire round.

Also, has anyone else noticed people spamming ZL after a kill? It just happened to me by the same guy every time he killed me, and I'm guessing anyone else, I suppose they were taunting. I hope it doesn't catch on like the hopping.

Hopping sucks. I kill them anyway but it gives me an actual headache watching it.

And if you don't want to see people flopping about, kill them first.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic