Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,881 to 3,900 of 14,636

-Green-

NintyMan wrote:

In an interview with Nintendo Dream, Splatoon's developers are surprised at the amount of people already at level 20.

Sakaguchi: Er… That is also under investigation currently… We originally expected level 20 to require a nice amount of time to play.
Nogami: [The leveling up has been] so fast that it makes me worry about players’ daily life…

On character customization:
ND: “The more character customization, the better” is the usual rule in online games. But you can only customize the eye and skin color of your Inkling.
Sakaguchi: Perhaps everyone has forgotten that Inklings are still unknown characters for people. Inklings are newcomers that just came out.
ND: Ah, that’s right (laughs).
Sakaguchi: I think it’s better to tightly narrow down “it’s this” when presenting a new character to everyone.
Nogami: If we suddenly had variation like three hairstyles with braid or bun, people wouldn’t consider them as the same thing [character]. Therefore we limited the customization to the minimum with skin and eye color.

• On number of Splatfests, Nogami says they are currently unscheduled, though he would like to have one "every three weeks or so in the beginning"
  • New weapons and maps are being considered

http://nintendoeverything.com/splatoon-devs-on-the-level-cap-...

Ooooo. That's pretty cool. I wonder if their hinting at future updates. Maybe greater customization and a level cap raise. I hope so, because I always wondered why Cali and Mari got the cool hair styles. Or I may be a bit hopeful and delusional.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

-Green-

pikminfan22 wrote:

I'm curious but does anyone else get annoyed with the Kraken special weapon in the game? lol That's probably the only weapon that annoys me in this game..

Maybe a little . I didn't like always having to run from it, but now I get my revenge by repelling them and then splatting them when it ends.

Storytime7

@pikminfan22: Not really. The kraken is okay, but I don't think it's that great of a special weapon. The inkstrike and the bubbler are more useful.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Joeynator3000

Might go online for a bit here, dunno yet.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

-Green-

@Storytime7: All around, I think the Bubbler is the better all around Special.

Joeynator3000

...Ok I guess I'm not going online tonight then. >_>
This "stability update" or whatever just made it worse for me it seems like.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

yamii

@Pahvi: No by leaving I meant leaving during the battles. I did get connected almost every match, with a full lobby 4v4. But then when the match started, during the "cutscene" where they show your and the opponents team, my whole team would leave :c I really don't think it's an problem with people's internet, because literally every time someone left it was on my team.

Ofcourse there are people who "leave" because of connection errors, I have those too sometimes (mostly during normal days, didn't really got disconnected during splatfest). So if nintendo just fixes their servers, and then starts banning the real leavers everyone would be happy

yamii

3DS Friend Code: 2964-9763-4762 | Nintendo Network ID: Yamilaaa

yamii

whodatninja wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Popv wins... In my heart

So when is the next Splatfest??

Oh and we''re back to a two stage rotation btw. Yipee... >.<

Well, that kind of sucks. Honestly though, it would have been amazing if they left it at 3 to commemorate the completion of the first Splatfest.

Agreed, that would've been sweet!

And I just played the Mall level 4 times in a row... Splatoon has the WORST stage select system in history!

Yeah, it's even beaten the famous "Mario Kart Wii = Luigi Circuit" track select system!

Here's a dev's reason for the 2 stage limit:

"I think if maps were selected at random from all the possibilities, everyone would only use weapons that have “the greatest common divisor” and that work the same way in every map. But when maps are limited to two, you can have alternative weapon choices like “I’ll go with a charger for these two maps”. If there are more than three stages, all-rounder weapons become popular."

I don't really understand what he's trying to say. Aren't "all-rounder weapons" already popular? Me, I usually pick the weapon that's the most fun to me, which happens to be the normal splatter gun with Shield as a Special. I don't change my arsenal all that often.

When I first saw one of the directs I thought when rotating, 2 stages would always appear together (for example arowana mall + urchin underpass) and that made some sense to me because I thought you would need different weapons for every "set" of stages. However that doesn't seem to be the case, the sets are completely random. It just doesn't make any sense to me why there are only 2 stages every 4 hours (and one of the two stages always comes up 99% of the time, you would think its 50/50 chance but nope) I hope they change the stage selection, if they would just do all stages at the same time there would be much more variation, which makes the game more fun to play. Or they could do a voting system like in MK8, though I'm not sure if that'll work out :3

yamii

yamii

@pikminfan22: I liked single player aswell. I'm now grinding the levels to get some extra power eggs. I can't stand not having all the upgrades, because without the upgrades I haven't 100%ed it :c It would be nice if they added some content, but nintendo should focus on online first I think. If they do ever add more content that would be great, I really liked the cute and simple playstyle

yamii

whodatninja

Aromaiden wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Here's a dev's reason for the 2 stage limit:

"I think if maps were selected at random from all the possibilities, everyone would only use weapons that have “the greatest common divisor” and that work the same way in every map. But when maps are limited to two, you can have alternative weapon choices like “I’ll go with a charger for these two maps”. If there are more than three stages, all-rounder weapons become popular."

I don't really understand what he's trying to say. Aren't "all-rounder weapons" already popular? Me, I usually pick the weapon that's the most fun to me, which happens to be the normal splatter gun with Shield as a Special. I don't change my arsenal all that often.

The limit on available maps does somewhat encourage the use of separate weapons because of the differences between selected maps (although I do think the Modes do this better, not to mention most maps at the moment are fairly similar), but it really doesn't lower the use of "all-rounder weapons", which in this case and time are usually something like the Aerosprays, Gals, Krakon/Dynamo Roller, which are pretty much all the popular weapons. So it really doesn't make much of a difference, which is a reason I "kind" of don't like it, although I do understand their train of thought.

Yeah and they could add even more encouragement for variation by giving us the option of changing the loadout in-game after respawning, like most shooters does it. That would be cool!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

whodatninja

ELI-ASH wrote:

@whodatninja arowana mall isnt that bad just move in from the side corridors, avoid the middle till at least the half way point. Try to rush at the enemy base even if you only ink a few spots. Had some matches were my team won within few %

It's not that it's a difficult stage for me, it's just that when you play the same stages over and over it gets boring and it makes me wanna put the game down until they change the rotation.

I personally have trouble with Kelp Dome and Skatepark, the more circular (and vertical) stages

whodatninja

PaperMario64

pikminfan22 wrote:

Also I'm curious but does anyone else want more singleplayer content in Splatoon? I loved the singleplayer but it was just too short and lacked some challenge ..

I hope they will release it as DLC later on. I found the single player very fun.

PaperMario64

Undead_terror

PaperMario64 wrote:

pikminfan22 wrote:

Also I'm curious but does anyone else want more singleplayer content in Splatoon? I loved the singleplayer but it was just too short and lacked some challenge ..

I hope they will release it as DLC later on. I found the single player very fun.

And if you own the 3 amiibo well then that's 60 challenges right there, the squid amiibo had the more challenging challenges of the lot, butt of course it's hard to get.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

whodatninja

yamii wrote:

When I first saw one of the directs I thought when rotating, 2 stages would always appear together (for example arowana mall + urchin underpass) and that made some sense to me because I thought you would need different weapons for every "set" of stages. However that doesn't seem to be the case, the sets are completely random. It just doesn't make any sense to me why there are only 2 stages every 4 hours (and one of the two stages always comes up 99% of the time, you would think its 50/50 chance but nope) I hope they change the stage selection, if they would just do all stages at the same time there would be much more variation, which makes the game more fun to play. Or they could do a voting system like in MK8, though I'm not sure if that'll work out :3

Yeah I would like it better if there was a theme to the rotation, like these two stages favour ranged weapons, while these other two favour close quarters combat... But no it's chosen at complete random! (With Kelp Dome being in there 80 % of the time lol)

But now I'm beating a dead horse. In conclusion: their stage select system sucks and I hope they fix it

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Kaze_Memaryu

@pikminfan22 I agree. It wasn't bad or boring, but it was over too fast, and except for the final boss, never posed much of a challenge. In all honesty, I'd already be happy if the dev team added multiple difficulty settings for singleplayer, with higher difficulties placing strong enemies at tough-to-reach spots, or simply throwing more Octarians at you. But I'd still prefer a few new levels, instead.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

whodatninja

@pikminfan22, yeah I would love more single player story content, always! if you could play it co-op with a friend that would be cool too.

Perhaps an Octoling campaign!

whodatninja

gcunit

WelI I held out a month or so before buying this, having been put off by how meagre the original offering seemed to be, but I was just seeing too many references to it being one of 'The' Wii U titles alongside MK8 and Smash, plus the regular updates being released seemed well-received, so I figured I may as well try it now rather than 6 months or so down the line.

First impressions: I know next to nothing about the game and just went straight into some online 'Regular' battles. Not sure how many battles I played, but my team won about the first 8 I played so I was feeling pretty awesome at it. Lost the 9th and chose that moment to quit (was just playing in my lunchbreak). I only played with the standard issue splat gun, no idea how/when that upgrades. Seems my biggest issue was people with rollers, but I started to work them out a bit.

In short: it is indeed a splendid game. Even if you play the same battle ground multiple times in a row it doesn't matter cos you're playing a different set of players and the fact you're playing with dual objectives to cover ground but also splat enemies seems to have endless fun factor. Just changing the ink colour each bout is enough to make it feel different at the moment. I am a convert it would seem.

Splat on.

Nb. Not tried the single-player yet, or local multi.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

-Green-

@gcunit: You should try the Single Player. It's very fun and does a great job at helping you learn the game.

rjejr

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@pikminfan22 I agree. It wasn't bad or boring, but it was over too fast, and except for the final boss, never posed much of a challenge. In all honesty, I'd already be happy if the dev team added multiple difficulty settings for singleplayer, with higher difficulties placing strong enemies at tough-to-reach spots, or simply throwing more Octarians at you. But I'd still prefer a few new levels, instead.

While more single player would be nice, I'm still waiting for them to bring more single player into the multiplayer. World 3 was great w/ the invisible walls and the moving platforms. But they were mostly limited to world 3 and that's it. Why can't we have invisible obstacles and moving platforms in the multiplayer stages? That's what I want. I'm sure at some point we would figure out where the invisible walls were, but it would be fun until then. And moving platforms would give people something else to think about.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

ELI-ASH

whodatninja wrote:

ELI-ASH wrote:

@whodatninja arowana mall isnt that bad just move in from the side corridors, avoid the middle till at least the half way point. Try to rush at the enemy base even if you only ink a few spots. Had some matches were my team won within few %

It's not that it's a difficult stage for me, it's just that when you play the same stages over and over it gets boring and it makes me wanna put the game down until they change the rotation.

I personally have trouble with Kelp Dome and Skatepark, the more circular (and vertical) stages

For skatepark i make sure my side is done then i sneak to the enemies side/ink the middle.

Im still learning Kelp Dome what has been working for me recently is to ink a section all around the map but avoiding the middle. If you have to ink the middle do the corners. People are gonna be in the middle of the mesh & possibly right behind you but focus on inking and you should win. Having speed up helps also. Its so much fun annoying the heck out of a charger user XD

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic