Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,861 to 3,880 of 14,636

Nicolai

So, team Cats was the better team? Yeah, I'm celebrating a victory here, whatever the popular vote was I don't care about sea snails.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

ultraraichu

Wow, so Rock win in both popularity (64%) and wins (53%). Wish I can see the match ups on that side of the sea, it seems kind of one sided.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

whodatninja

Popv wins... In my heart

So when is the next Splatfest??

Oh and we''re back to a two stage rotation btw. Yipee... >.<

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Jazzer94

As I said yesterday just felt like POP overall were on the weak side from the get go so not surprised with the results.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

-Green-

whodatninja wrote:

Popv wins... In my heart

Well, that kind of sucks. Honestly though, it would have been amazing if they left it at 3 to commemorate the completion of the first Splatfest.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

yamii

Soo.. my experience with splatfest was horrible (I was on team pop). 9/10 times I didn't even have a full team (I had to go 1v4 about 5 times :/ ) And one thing I noticed was that there were aways people missing on MY team there was never someone missing on my opponents team. I had to play a looot of matches, I wanted to get the eternal rank. But each time I only got 2 points for getting >400 points. I almost won none of my matches, except for the matches when I did have a full team. It just seems stupid, how can you win as a team when everyone is constantly leaving :c I really hope Nintendo fixes this before the next(?) splatfest. I think it would be a good idea to ban people who are leaving. for example 5 minute ban when you leave the first time, half an hour when you leave the second time etc. etc. A lot of online games have done this before and it works very well.

yamii

3DS Friend Code: 2964-9763-4762 | Nintendo Network ID: Yamilaaa

jariw

Since we were away during almost the whole European Splatfest, we only got to play the very last 1.5 hours (divided on 3 family members). But since we didn't choose the same teams, it was kind of interesting to see what happened:

• The 2 of us who voted "pop" got numerous connection errors when we tried to connect to a "rock" team. The error code we usually got was 118-0551, which seems to be a new error code. I'm wondering if the error code we got, resulted in matches/teams with too few players on the "pop" side? Getting a full "pop" team was almost always instant, but twice we never got a full team (resulting in a timeout).
  • The one of us who voted "rock" never got the error codes when trying to connect to another team, but a couple of times there were "rock vs. rock" matches. There were never any missing players in those matches.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Joeynator3000

...It's storming again, ugh....lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

-Green-

@Megumi: Same here. It's been storming for the past few days.

Joeynator3000

And still no sign of the Shulk Amiibo OR Inkling Girl...or Splatoon Amiibos in general. Ugh. >_>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

whodatninja

Megumi wrote:

...It's storming again, ugh....lol

I could use some stomy weather here. it's freaking 30 degrees (celcius)

whodatninja

whodatninja

Aromaiden wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Popv wins... In my heart

Well, that kind of sucks. Honestly though, it would have been amazing if they left it at 3 to commemorate the completion of the first Splatfest.

Agreed, that would've been sweet!

And I just played the Mall level 4 times in a row... Splatoon has the WORST stage select system in history!

whodatninja

-Green-

whodatninja wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Popv wins... In my heart

And I just played the Mall level 4 times in a row... Splatoon has the WORST stage select system in history!

Definitely. Just a week ago, I played Saltspray Rig around a dozen times in a row. I was starting to think there wasn't a second map at all.

Spoony_Tech

So nobody answered my question yesterday or seen it. What stages did Europe have for Splatfest? I have a feeling we didn't get rotation because of Europe using the other stages.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

whodatninja wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Popv wins... In my heart

Yeah, it's even beaten the famous "Mario Kart Wii = Luigi Circuit" track select system!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

whodatninja

Spoony_Tech wrote:

So nobody answered my question yesterday or seen it. What stages did Europe have for Splatfest? I have a feeling we didn't get rotation because of Europe using the other stages.

I believe we had Urchin Underpass, the Warehouse and Port Mackerel.
PS: Your Miiverse link is broken

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

jump

I'm planning on giving it a rest mostly because after Splatfest I need a break.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

whodatninja

Grumblevolcano wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Aromaiden wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Popv wins... In my heart

Yeah, it's even beaten the famous "Mario Kart Wii = Luigi Circuit" track select system!

Here's a dev's reason for the 2 stage limit:

"I think if maps were selected at random from all the possibilities, everyone would only use weapons that have “the greatest common divisor” and that work the same way in every map. But when maps are limited to two, you can have alternative weapon choices like “I’ll go with a charger for these two maps”. If there are more than three stages, all-rounder weapons become popular."

I don't really understand what he's trying to say. Aren't "all-rounder weapons" already popular? Me, I usually pick the weapon that's the most fun to me, which happens to be the normal splatter gun with Shield as a Special. I don't change my arsenal all that often.

Edited on by whodatninja

whodatninja

-Green-

whodatninja wrote:

Here's a dev's reason for the 2 stage limit:

"I think if maps were selected at random from all the possibilities, everyone would only use weapons that have “the greatest common divisor” and that work the same way in every map. But when maps are limited to two, you can have alternative weapon choices like “I’ll go with a charger for these two maps”. If there are more than three stages, all-rounder weapons become popular."

I don't really understand what he's trying to say. Aren't "all-rounder weapons" already popular? Me, I usually pick the weapon that's the most fun to me, which happens to be the normal splatter gun with Shield as a Special. I don't change my arsenal all that often.

The limit on available maps does somewhat encourage the use of separate weapons because of the differences between selected maps (although I do think the Modes do this better, not to mention most maps at the moment are fairly similar), but it really doesn't lower the use of "all-rounder weapons", which in this case and time are usually something like the Aerosprays, Gals, Krakon/Dynamo Roller, which are pretty much all the popular weapons. So it really doesn't make much of a difference, which is a reason I "kind" of don't like it, although I do understand their train of thought.

Edited on by -Green-

ELI-ASH

@whodatninja arowana mall isnt that bad just move in from the side corridors, avoid the middle till at least the half way point. Try to rush at the enemy base even if you only ink a few spots. Had some matches were my team won within few %

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic