Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,841 to 3,860 of 14,636

Fazermint

Just reached Eternal Rock Boy.

Is there any reward for maxing out? My gf has to work so I was thinking of trying to get her maxed out too

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

jump

Fazermint wrote:

Is there any reward for maxing out? My gf has to work so I was thinking of trying to get her maxed out too

The higher the rank the more snails you get at the end.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fazermint

arronishere wrote:

Fazermint wrote:

The higher the rank the more snails you get at the end.

Nifty. Getting her up to Eternal then

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

ELI-ASH

So Team cats had more victories but because of popularity we still lost?? Thats a lil unfair.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

-Green-

Pahvi wrote:

I'm starting to think the analogue of Splatfest matches would be members of different parties playing paintball while the votes (for Pop, Rock, Cats, Dogs, ...) are being tallied.

I agree. It appears to be basically that.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Shirma_Akayaku

I'm so glad that Team Dog won!!. I was on that team.

Edited on by Shirma_Akayaku

Wi-Fi Game List:
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Splatoon
Super Smash Bros. Wii U & 3DS + All DLC
Mario Kart 8 + All DLC
Mario Golf: World Tour + All DLC
Mario Kart 7
Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Wii U & 3DS Game Wish List:...

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9553-9610 | Nintendo Network ID: Toadette75

whodatninja

jariw wrote:

Btw, I just read on NeoGAF that Splatoon is now the most sold Wii U eshop game of all time in Japan.

Makes sense considering like 80 percent of all players that I meet in the Regular Battles are Japanese lol

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

iphys

ultraraichu wrote:

Well that result screen had me on edge. Still can't believe dogs was popular by that much when a good amount of sites and boards sided with cats. Goes to show people commenting on gaming websites only represent a fraction of the gaming community that plays. I do wonder about the points difference with the wins. 49-51 does seem close, like tiebreaker close. I did expect team dogs would of had the most wins, so that was another surprise when I saw the results.

Edit: looking forward to seeing how EU fairs in the end. Go pop.

When I played in the morning the dogs were really taking it to the cats, but then when I played again late at night the cats seemed to be dominating and I noticed I had a lot of newbie dog teammates like level 7 and stuff, so I'm not totally surprised the cats took the win percentage. I think their skilled players kept playing all day to try to help their team, while to team dog it was obvious we had won by popularity since every third match was against dogs, so no one really wanted to bother playing after maxing out, especially since a third of the dog matches were totally meaningless battles against ourselves. But I do really wonder about that 51/49 and how close it actually was if they'd given us some decimal places, since we know they never give ties for the matches, so maybe they wouldn't ever say it was 50/50 even if it was.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

Spoony_Tech

iphys wrote:

ultraraichu wrote:

Well that result screen had me on edge. Still can't believe dogs was popular by that much when a good amount of sites and boards sided with cats. Goes to show people commenting on gaming websites only represent a fraction of the gaming community that plays. I do wonder about the points difference with the wins. 49-51 does seem close, like tiebreaker close. I did expect team dogs would of had the most wins, so that was another surprise when I saw the results.

When I played in the morning the dogs were really taking it to the cats, but then when I played again late at night the cats seemed to be dominating and I noticed I had a lot of newbie dog teammates like level 7 and stuff, so I'm not totally surprised the cats took the win percentage. I think their skilled players kept playing all day to try to help their team, while to team dog it was obvious we had won by popularity since every third match was against dogs, so no one really wanted to bother playing after maxing out, especially since a third of the dog matches were totally meaningless battles against ourselves. But I do really wonder about that 51/49 and how close it actually was if they'd given us some decimal places, since we know they never give ties for the matches, so maybe they wouldn't ever say it was 50/50 even if it was.

This was my experience as well. Seemed like all the dogs players maxed out then left but the cats brought their A game later at night. I was like I said maybe 50/50. It was hard to win no matter how well I did.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Yeah I dunno, at first I was doing horrid, my team kept leaving or going afk. Kept ending up with 10% almost all the time, but towards midnight I ended up with a great team and eventually got my vibe up to 10. Would've kept going but I got disconnected. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

jump

When do you find out about the Euro splatfest results?

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

multicoloredyoshi

I'm disappointed that winning team is pretty much decided by who has the most votes/members versus anything to do with the matches. Cats would have had to play extremely well to have a chance. At least losers still get a decent amount of snails. How many did winners get?

multicoloredyoshi

Nintendo Network ID: GWYoshi

PaperMario64

arronishere wrote:

They announce it in-game.

multicoloredyoshi wrote:

I'm disappointed that winning team is pretty much decided by who has the most votes/members versus anything to do with the matches. Cats would have had to play extremely well to have a chance. At least losers still get a decent amount of snails. How many did winners get?

It depends on the title, but with the best title you get 24 snails on the winning team.

PaperMario64

jump

PaperMario64 wrote:

arronishere wrote:

They announce it in-game.

multicoloredyoshi wrote:

It depends on the title, but with the best title you get 24 snails on the winning team.

I was asking more about the when rather than the where.

Nicolai wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu

For some reason, Turf Wars during the Splatfest felt much more balanced to me than normal. Maybe it was that common goal both sides had, but most of the time, I had the impression that most players were much more cooperative. Hell, I landed in an uneven match, and I was part of the smaller team, yet we held together like crazy, and even used the signals to organize better - at one point, we all even jumped back to base and took three rollers out who were all over our base, and then covered each other while making it back to the center (Port Mackerel, by the way)! We still lost, but that was the greatest match I ever had!

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

ultraraichu

Spoony_Tech wrote:

iphys wrote:

ultraraichu wrote:

This was my experience as well. Seemed like all the dogs players maxed out then left but the cats brought their A game later at night. I was like I said maybe 50/50. It was hard to win no matter how well I did.

Didn't know it kicked up that much overnight. I only played up to around 9pm since I figured playing for over 7 hours (counting total from the daily log minus time for waits, breaks, etc) was too much. Prior to that it was like cats were the inexperienced ones to the point my flag count was +38, although I took a pic when it dropped to +32 for proof.

The only way cats would of win with their number is they have a win ratio of 57%-43% making the final result 152-148. Now that would be news and brag worthy.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Calllack

Anyone know which team won in Europe?

~~~~

Calllack

My Nintendo: Cal | Nintendo Network ID: Calllack

jump

Rock wins, match wise it was 53-47 which didn't surprise me despite the talk of the pop side being weak since there seemed to be a lot of 1-5 levels on the rock side.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

PaperMario64

I missed 30 points for the eternal title, but then again I didn't start playing before in the afternoon today.
Happy my side won. Not surprised though as we won most games.

PaperMario64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic