Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,821 to 3,840 of 14,636

Undead_terror

THE DOGGIES WON! TAKE THAT KIT KATS! https://youtu.be/vvfESbfqN6o?t=12m21s also got a sweet prize of 24 sea snails! congrats fellow dogs!

Edited on by Undead_terror

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

yokokazuo

I noticed that the rank names in Europe appear to be almost a direct translation from Japan's rank names while NA made up their own.

Normal Pop/Rock Fan (it ended with boy/girl in Japanese)
Full-on Pop/Rock Boy/Girl (An exact translation is something like True or Sincere)
Super Pop/Rock Boy/Girl
Charismatic Pop/Rock Boy/Girl
Eternal Pop/Rock Boy/Girl (I think I translated it as Immortal at first, but it is the same meaning either way)

Meanwhile the NA ranks are

Cat/Dog Fanboy/girl
Cat/Dog Fiend
Cat/Dog Defender
Cat/Dog Champion
Cat/Dog King/Queen

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

yokokazuo

@EdJericho that was the same for Japan's Splatfest, Green Tanuki had only 33% votes and their win percent was 53%, but they still lost.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Jazzer94

Anyone else in EU finding this Splatfest lacking a bit, POP players have been both sparse and mostly lacking in challenge.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Octane

Jazzer94 wrote:

Anyone else in EU finding this Splatfest lacking a bit, POP players have been both sparse and mostly lacking in challenge.

Definitely agree. I just played a dozen matches or so, and only lost one, arguably because we had one bad player in our team. About 4 of those matches were against our own team; so Rock vs. Rock.

Octane

Rezal_Knight

-_- I am never gonna touch a roller weapon again. . .
I had so many terrible matches.

Rezal_Knight

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5121-9849

Fazermint

> Splatfest
> Rock vs. Pop
> Pop music playing during matches

Hmmm.

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

Inkling

I've actually been doing pretty well for pop.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

BakaKnight

Pop players must be really REALLY few, I managed to get teamed with a friend after only three tries of jumping in at the same time.
If the votes will count too for decide the winner then we are screwed already >.>;

Jazzer94 wrote:

As a Pop player I had many battles where the rock enemies were pretty weak, they only missed a sign saying "Please splat me, I'm here" and they were done XD
With only two team it's unavoidable that both good and bad players splitted a bit randomly, it's a matter of luck to get paired against a team on par level.

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

Fazermint

@Jazzer94 @Octane

I'm up at Charismatic level now, don't know exactly how many matches that would constitute, but I've only had 3 losses and two were against another Rock team. Based on the overall skill level, I'm guessing that team Pop consists mainly of younger players.

Honestly though, I haven't had this much fun with Splatoon in forever. It's a nice break from the intense stress of A rank battles. The whole team mentality is great too, I hope they make Splatfests a more regular thing (or finally decide to allow players to team up together).

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

Jazzer94

@Fazermint: I've maxed out and only ended up having I think five loses, three of which were against other Rock teams.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

BakaKnight

Wait... both Japan and US had the winner team be the one with less victories, but more votes? Please tell me you are joking...
Having votes count for the final victory will largely damage future splatfest, everyone will vote for the team that seem most popular online and eventually we will get to splatfests with only matches between people of the same team >__>;;;

BakaKnight

Nintendo Network ID: Ryudaki

Rezal_Knight

@Pahvi Both,my 1st 3 or 4 matches I played rather well,from there it just went down hill fast!.Jumping at the wrong times no longer flinging paint at enemies,or doing it to soon,popping the kraken at the wrong time..

Rezal_Knight

jariw

I'm missing almost all the European splatfest since I've been on vacation, but I hope to be able to play the final few hours of it. If so, I'm going to pick the pop side (with a splat tee without any sub abilitiy upgrades) since that side currently seems to be viewed as the underdog side. It'll be interesting.

Btw, I just read on NeoGAF that Splatoon is now the most sold Wii U eshop game of all time in Japan.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Rezal_Knight

I have only played the weekend of the game release and again this splatfest (gotta ask everybody nicely not use the wifi). . .And yes I was more then shocked when somebody with a roller held off the kraken and then again with every other weapon.

Rezal_Knight

Judgedean

I've gotten to Enteral Ranking. Might not bother playing until after 6pm now. Wow didn't realise the Kraken can be held off now.

Judgedean

ultraraichu

Well that result screen had me on edge. Still can't believe dogs was popular by that much when a good amount of sites and boards sided with cats. Goes to show people commenting on gaming websites only represent a fraction of the gaming community that plays. I do wonder about the points difference with the wins. 49-51 does seem close, like tiebreaker close. I did expect team dogs would of had the most wins, so that was another surprise when I saw the results.

Edit: looking forward to seeing how EU fairs in the end. Go pop.

Edited on by ultraraichu

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Smitherenez

Ugh, was playing as a part of team pop yesterday... My team got destroyed almost every time by team rock, even though I had 1000+ points for almost every round I played. I haven't lost that many rounds of splatoon in ever. Rock probably has the better players.

Please check out my Youtube gaming channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/FullHDPixelletsplays

Nintendo Network ID: Smitherenez

Grumblevolcano

I was considering heading onto Splatoon today to support Team Rock but it looks they don't need any help so I'll be playing a different game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic