Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 14,636

Grumblevolcano

I think Nintendo should do a playlist that has a mixture of both, something along the lines of Big Team Battle in the earlier Halo games but without the limit of only large maps. A mixture of maps and modes so like going from Turf War on Walleye Warehouse to Tower Control on Saltspray Rig to Splat Zones on Port Mackerel to Tower Control on Blackbelly Skatepark, etc. Also allow changing of weapons in the lobby for that playlist.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@Fazermint: Honestly, it sounds like you don't play a whole lot of online "competitive" games. Pretty much everything you listed can be applied to every online MOBA, FPS, MMO, etc.

rallydefault

Fazermint

@rallydefault: Your point being?

Smash 4 manifest: I shall not

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Nintendo Network ID: VanHelvet

rallydefault

@Fazermint: Your needless ad hominem attacks against Nintendo are unfounded and, uh, needless. That's my point. Let's choose a particularly poignant quote: "But no, Nintendo knows what their customers want..." (sarcasm being utilized)

That's not the case at all. It's a case of ranked play verus "for fun" play. In nearly all competitive online games from the dawn of competitive online games, there have been distinctions between the play modes/maps/etc. This is because the two modes cater to different crowds, and rules need to be "regularized" for said crowds.

Like MLG doesn't currently acknowledge Team Deathmatch as a ranked option for CoD Advaned Warfare. They want to keep the playfing field limited to certain game types so that everyone is on the same "ground," so to speak.

rallydefault

Fazermint

jariw wrote:

Statistically, this only makes sense if you play with 7 players who have identical playing style and and skill level. For all other situations, after enough number a randomized team setups, the only common denominator is yourself.

That would eliminate luck from the equation and make performance 100%.

jariw wrote:

If you want to play a game that play the way the "customer wants", there are numerous games based on bullet-point game design out there already.

That makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. When I point out Splatoon's flaws, I'm told to go play a game with bad game design? It's as ironic as it is nonsensical.

jariw wrote:

By reading your conclusions above, I only get the feeling that the statistics that's already available to you is widely overinterpreted. Statistics in a match is of no use if you don't take into account when the events happened and how, specially since the number of different statics is so sparse. If (for example) the individual tower travel distance would be included in the statitics, the statitics would be much 3-dimensional all of a sudden.

So what you're saying is that inclusion of more advanced statistics would make it difficult to interpret, so sticking to a singular statistic is best. And I should not assign any significance to this singular statistic that governs my performance because it isn't advanced enough.

Weird

Spam ranged attacksCenter my playstyle around 1 or 2 combosFish for meteor spikesInsult my opponent through player tags

Fazermint

@rallydefault: What a load of bull. You can't discredit my entire opinion based on the fact that I used sarcasm.

I may not have played a ton of online games, but at least my online experience isn't so limited that I believe LoL and CoD are representative examples.

jump

Why are people going about stats? There's no leader board or a stat screen in the game.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Fazermint

@arronishere: That would be the point that I'm trying to raise.

jump

Fazermint wrote:

@arronishere: That would be the point that I'm trying to raise.

But you're complaining about how the stats are gathered rather than a lack of leaderboard though.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

-Green-

@Fazzermint I love Splatoon, but I do somewhat agree with you. The game does have several flaws, most of them, if not all of them due to Nintendo's strange and bizarre methods and decisions. Such as the matchmaking, ranking, and rotation. Hopefully Nintendo decides to fix them, because Splatoon can only get better as a game if they do.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Fazermint

@Aromaiden Yeah, exactly. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Splatoon. But the decisions made by Nintendo are just so jarring that I can hardly believe it. I too hope they'll make some changes sooner or later.

@arronishere Well, I was talking about how the current ranking system isn't really representative of individual performance. A stat screen would offer some transparency in that regard.

pXm

They will probably fix all the strange things mentioned earlier, but in the sequel, if they gonna make it .

Backloggery
MAL
Steam

Switch Friend Code: SW-5304-5175-4719 | 3DS Friend Code: 1135-2113-6384 | My Nintendo: pXm | Nintendo Network ID: pXm | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

pXm wrote:

They will probably fix all the strange things mentioned earlier, but in the sequel, if they gonna make it .

Yep, Splatoon 2 coming to NX July 2016 to make up for yet another huge game drought, right @rjejr?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

PayMeMunna

DiscoGentleman wrote:

@PayMeMunna you should definitely just get a LAN adapter and go wired. It's cheap.

And everyone here should do the same. I'm tired of having one member of my team drop out at the beginning of every damn battle.
If there were voice chat, I would say such hurtful things to those scum.

Can't say hurtful things to me if I disconnect !

Lol but seriously, I understand how annoying it is for my team mates--especially in Ranked--when I or anyone disconnects. The 4th player is severely missed. Usually if I dc in Ranked once, I go straight to Turf War to test my connection. Pretty much the only reason I play Turf War haha!

PayMeMunna

3DS Friend Code: 0576-4391-5878 | Nintendo Network ID: Selkaine

rjejr

Grumblevolcano wrote:

pXm wrote:

Yep, Splatoon 2 coming to NX July 2016 to make up for yet another huge game drought, right @rjejr?

Splatoon: YoshiFest. You can only play w/ yarn Yoshi amiibo.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

rjejr

FYI - when I was on this website yesterday it showed what stages were being used in each mode - turf war and ranked - now it's just the times, guess I broke it. If it starts working again I'll let everybody know. Until then I'll keep searching.

https://splatoon.ink/

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Iggly

One thing I love about Tower Control is that you can literally become a Booyah Base. Nothing beats dominating the opposing team while chanting out Booyah to your partners on a tiny moving platform.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

-Green-

I don't know why, but Iggy's comment just gave me an idea. How cool would it be if Nintendo added the option to customize the music you hear from the Tower. To me, that would be awesome.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ELI-ASH

Looking up splatfest stuff and Acoording to the splatoon guide the highest rank is 184 exp you get 2 by default and 3 if your team wins So if i can get in a hot streak its basically 1 point a minute sorta. 0.O

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

jump

Aromaiden wrote:

I don't know why, but Iggy's comment just gave me an idea. How cool would it be if Nintendo added the option to customize the music you hear from the Tower. To me, that would be awesome.

Like war music or the guitarist in Mad Max? That's not a bad idea actually.

Nicolai wrote:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic