Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 14,636

Spoony_Tech

This is so much of an adrenaline rush. Won my first 7 and row before losing 2. That took me right into B+ though. This is so fun!! My heart won't stop racing though.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

My internet started acting up after uploading the video...so no Tower Control for me. TwT

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Joeynator3000

pikminfan22 wrote:

Megumi wrote:

Well my final boss battle has uploaded, still processing, but you guys can still watch if you want.

I subscribed to your YouTube channel lol (I'll watch the video later )

Okies. owo

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

ELI-ASH

hmm thats odd rollers were so useless in the games i played in it was mainly the aerosprayer that dominated. I actually won a match were i was the only aerosprayer and the other team had 3 dumb luck i guess.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Grumblevolcano

Are you serious? I woke up just as Tower Control ends?!?!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

PayMeMunna wrote:

However, the amount of disconnects I'm getting is not fun. Does anyone know of a solution? This happens every other day where one day I can have a good several hour session of seamless matches but the next day, I can barely get a match in! I also notice the wifi signal on my phone is a bar lower when I disconnect. I get error code 118-0006 and one that says my SSID/wifi password or something is incorrect (even though everything is right)

When I'm having connection issues with Splatoon, I can't go on any internet-based apps or I'll definitely disconnect from a match. Then I try to play Smash online or watch Netflix/Youtube after a shoddy Splatoon sesh, I get booted from Smash and Netflix stops streaming whereas if I watched Netflix or played Smash online BEFORE playing Splatoon, I have absolutely no connection issues (I tested). I don't get on my laptop everyday but now I noticed how slow it is to load any website too!

I've already turned on DMZ settings and called my service provider+router company, but still this is occurring. I've never had terrible internet connection in my life until Splatoon! (Well--only when the internet was REALLY down lol) My router is 5 years old which I'm thinking may actually be the issue--though a bit odd my wifi suddenly had problems when I bought the game. I'm from the US btw--I know some places have notably bad internet so I thought I'd share that piece of info lol.

Anyone with similar issues or have any advice for me? It'd be super appreciated!

For a more stable online, try wired instead of WiFi on the Wii U. And you'll also benefit from the full duplex of a wired connection.

jariw

Spoony_Tech

Rollers seemed to be more affective in the warehouse then on the underpass. Although I seen a few good ones. One we lost because towards the end he just turned Kraken and road his team to victory. Nothing you can do there. Just think of a all Kraken team just taking turns as the Kraken riding the tower all the way to victory. That's why we don't have voice chat or friends lol.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Jazzer94

Tower Control matches are just so fast it really is tense, had a match lasting 30 seconds tops.

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Rollers seemed to be more affective in the warehouse then on the underpass. Although I seen a few good ones. One we lost because towards the end he just turned Kraken and road his team to victory. Nothing you can do there. Just think of a all Kraken team just taking turns as the Kraken riding the tower all the way to victory. That's why we don't have voice chat or friends lol.

They may have to patch out the Kraken (and most likely bubble to) strategy, I've only played 5 matches so far but 3 of my wins came from me doing that.

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

Spoony_Tech

Out of the 15 or so matches I played last night I think maybe 2 ended in 30 seconds. Most went the full time as it was a lot of back and fourth and I won all but one that went into overtime and I had about 5 of those. Its definitely more intense as you need to constantly take the other team out to advance the tower. Then you need to go ahead and basically take control of their area. I don't even touch the tower from the start till the enemy is defeated of just one left. You just make yourself a target if you jump on the tower from the get. Advance forward as everyone on the other team is trying to take control.

MERG said:

Jazzer94

I normally shoot past the tower with my Roller at the start of the match and try to take out 2-3 of the opposing team and if I survive then take the tower.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Xyphon22

I pretty much knew I would be horrible at this mode given my inability to actually splat any enemies, and sure enough I was right. I think my team won 2 of like 9 or 10 matches I did, and I dropped a rank for the first time in awhile. I may have to stick to the roller in Tower Control mode because you don't have to be very accurate with it. My last match my team was all 4 rollers and the other had none, and we wiped the floor with them. And rollers always seemed to give the most trouble in the other matches, too. Ironic, considering when this was revealed a couple of days ago everybody thought rollers would be useless in this mode.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

-Green-

Can't you shoot a Kraken or Bubble of a Tower since they get pushed back when shot at?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

erv

@Xyphon22: I've yet to try tower control mode but it seems like a lot of fun. I do know that your weapon preference has nothing to do with your average skill level, and only a bit with what mode you're in. I am one of those people who usually is great at aiming in fps games for instance, but that doesn't work that way in splatoon because there's much more field dynamics.

I tend to be great with rollers and blasters, not so much with chargers yet. I could get the hang of a lot of them, but I like the roller as I'm good with it and it's so original as far as weapons go

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Jazzer94

Aromaiden wrote:

Can't you shoot a Kraken or Bubble of a Tower since they get pushed back when shot at?

@Aromaiden I had a whole team shooting at me in Kraken form but just held stick forward and was able to stay on.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

OorWullie

It would be great if you could play all 3 modes like a best of 3 with Turf Wars always being the decider.Reward the overall most effective player across 3 rounds by giving them a little bronze medal or icon next to their name for the next battle,if you don't come out on top again then you lose it or get downgraded.If you can retain it though then you get upgraded to a silver medal and so on or maybe instead just have an icon next to your name with +3 or +5 for example.It won't be any more than a badge of honour really but it would add a little extra edge to your own game to perform better.I often find myself come out on top in Turf Wars or Splat Zones for several rounds in a row so I reckon I would be able to hold onto it for a while

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

-Green-

I just figured out that the Killer Wail can actually shove a Kraken or Bubble off of the Tower. That can come in handy.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

rjejr

Rollers were more effective than I thought they would be, but for some reason I was under the impression the "tower" would be up in the sky more and only be reached by jumping or moving thru the cable that supports it like those levels in single player. (Speaking of single player, when will we get moving platforms and invisible walls in mulitplayer?) They shouldn't even call it "tower" control, they should call it "box" control". Even "platform" would signify some type of elevation, this is just a box on the floor.

1 thing I am looking forward to though is playing tower control on real levels. Warehouse is just a dojo, every level in the game is better than that one. Kelp dome and bluefin depot should be a lot more interesting. Maybe in Arrowana mall the box can move at the height of all the side platforms making rollers a little less effective? Kraken are still kraken though, nothing to do about those. I actually tried the Kraken a few times and felt like I was swimming in slow motion, never hit anyone, so I stopped.

So every 4 hours huh? Does Spaloon have it's own twitter feed or webpage I can follow to see what's what? I'd really be fine never playing in the warehouse or the rig ever again.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Mk_II

PayMeMunna wrote:

I also notice the wifi signal on my phone is a bar lower when I disconnect

Try switching off the phone wifi before you start a play session. If the available bandwidth drops below a certain point, the Wii U will disconnect. If you have several Wifi devices operating on the same network, performance and bandwidth drops.

Edited on by Mk_II

Nintendo 64 Forever forum
Nintendo Games NES 241 | SNES 324 | N64 267 | NGC 150 | WII 85 | WIIU 9 | IQUE 5 | GB 161 | GBC 57 | GBA 106 | NDS 57 | 3DS 21
Nintendo Network ID: Mk2_NL 3DS Friend code

rjejr

yokokazuo wrote:

rjejr wrote:

Played about 3 or 4 tower matches, cant wait for new areas, warehouse area shouldnt even count, they should just leave it up there for practice. The 1 match in underpass was a lot better, until my wife and I got into a big fight. Oh well, live and learn.

Splatfest is all turf war, correct? That will be a much needed relaxing time. Can we still play w/ friends?

Splatfests are with random people, I suppose it is because it first matches you up with 3 others on one team then searches for another full team so a single friend wouldn't be able to join you by theirself.

Well I suppose that makes sense. I've hardly played w/ anybody anyway as I'm usually in ranked.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic