Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 14,636

IceClimbers

iKhan wrote:

Though that would also mean the paint is water soluble. Maybe there will be items and hazards that remove spattered paint.

coughFLUDDcough

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

MsJubilee

Blast wrote:

Yep. This game will be the next big thing for Nintendo.

I hope it sells like a big Nintendo game.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

MegaMari0

reminds me of the witch melting in wiz of oz.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

OmegaMetroid93

Yeah, this game better have full-on voice chat. There's a mic built in to the gamepad... They'd be stupid not use it.

OmegaMetroid93

iKhan

Hmm, mixed record then. I love the tracks of all the Zelda games he did, but I was pretty underwhelmed by MK7 and 3D World's soundtracks.

What we've heard so far is pretty good though.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jariw

iKhan wrote:

Hmm, mixed record then. I love the tracks of all the Zelda games he did, but I was pretty underwhelmed by MK7 and 3D World's soundtracks.

Which of the 3D World tracks did he compose?

jariw

iKhan

jariw wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Which of the 3D World tracks did he compose?

I don't know, I guess I was just generalizing, so uhh nevermind.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Nicolai

iKhan wrote:

Wow, I thought that the whole 3D World soundtrack was wonderful, hands-down! The only song I felt was questionable was the stage selection music for Mushroom world and Fireflower world, and that's kinda obscure. That, and I wish they'd stop using those silly tunes for the miniboss battles. But, I digress, 3D World's music is fantastic!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

CanisWolfred

If the soundtrack wasn't as beautiful as it was, I don't think I would've liked 3D World nearly as much. Every track complimented the setting perfectly.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

iKhan

Nicolai wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Wow, I thought that the whole 3D World soundtrack was wonderful, hands-down! The only song I felt was questionable was the stage selection music for Mushroom world and Fireflower world, and that's kinda obscure. That, and I wish they'd stop using those silly tunes for the miniboss battles. But, I digress, 3D World's music is fantastic!

I can't say it's bad, I just don't like straight Jazz (surprisingly, I like swing and ragtime). It's one of my least favorite music genres. I far preferred the orchestral sound the Galaxy games had

Octane

NintyMan wrote:

The music composer for this game is Toru Miiegishi according to Nintendo Dream. He's worked on Zelda games (Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and the DS games), Animal Crossing, Super Mario Sunshine, Mario Kart 7, and Super Mario 3D World.

This is the first time he'll be composing music on his own.

http://nintendo-online.de/wiiu/news/20277/splatoon-komponist-...

The interview also hints at the possibility that the Kyoto Studio of Monolith Soft might support development of Splatoon. However the only reason they have is that Yasuyuki Honne follows the official Splatoon Twitter.

Octane

Nicolai

By the way, that's a typo for Toru Minegishi, right? That a pretty hilarious mii-related respelling of his name

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

DefHalan

Im a little disappoint it is going to basically have custom classes, but that will probably be better than having guns on the map since the objective of every match is to control the map. Still very excited.

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

iKhan

I love the hub world. This is feeling more and more like early 2000's Nickelodeon.

MsJubilee

NintyMan wrote:

Boxart:
Untitled
It looks messy, but that's the point!

That looks great

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

shingi_70

Wii U game of the generation.
Untitled

The attention to detail and current fashion trends of streetwear in the clothing design is sooooooo good.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Retro_on_theGo

DefHalan wrote:

Im a little disappoint it is going to basically have custom classes, but that will probably be better than having guns on the map since the objective of every match is to control the map. Still very excited.

I'm more disappointed in the customizable clothing having stats. I am sick to effing death of this kind of stuff in online multiplayer. The only franchise I have ever accepted doing this online is Pokemon, because at least then you get levels set to 50 so everyone has a leveled playing field. Most other games I've played, you get put in an unlucky lobby with over levied people and you won't be having fun. (I'm aware Splatoon won't have levels. Just making a comparison.)

I'm hoping the clothing only ever increases your stats, never lower. I just wanted to dress up my squids man. I guess this adds more depth, and maybe I'm over thinking it, but that was kind of disappointing.

DefHalan

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I'm more disappointed in the customizable clothing having stats. I am sick to effing death of this kind of stuff in online multiplayer. The only franchise I have ever accepted doing this online is Pokemon, because at least then you get levels set to 50 so everyone has a leveled playing field. Most other games I've played, you get put in an unlucky lobby with over levied people and you won't be having fun. (I'm aware Splatoon won't have levels. Just making a comparison.)

I'm hoping the clothing only ever increases your stats, never lower. I just wanted to dress up my squids man. I guess this adds more depth, and maybe I'm over thinking it, but that was kind of disappointing.

I remember saying the Clothing can affect your character but I don't remember how. I was going to guess it was like Perks in other games. You may have a hat that makes your clip slightly bigger or shoes that makes ink not affect you as much, that kind of stuff. What kind of stats do they change? Do we know?

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Ralizah

That box art is fantastic. Glad I'm going all-physical for Wii U.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic