Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 301 to 320 of 14,636

Bolt_Strike

The Twitter account finally posted about that octopus girl:

Untitled

Breakings news! We’ve just received solid evidence confirming that some of the octopus creatures can take on a humanoid form, just like the crazy squids! However, this has so far only been observed in females. Are the octo-males not capable of this amazing feat? We’re assigning two interns to focus on answering this tantalizing question.

Some other interesting posts include a two-tentacled Octopus enemy and a new warehouse stage:

Untitled

This just in! There appear to be some members of the octopus forces that hit hard like a freight train. They’re also not so easy on the eyes… Just remember this: if it’s got two legs—look out!

Untitled

Check it out! One of our lab assistants just texted over this fascinating new image. It looks like the interior of a giant warehouse, and the location of some intense turf-war battles. I sure hope the squids get permission before going in here and clean up after themselves when they’re done…

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DreamyViridi

Huh, so they're like the Inklings. I honestly thought they were robotic because of the eyes (eyewear?).
I do wonder if the Octogirls will be playable, by unlocking them or otherwise.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

whodatninja

NintyMan wrote:

Looks like some of the Octopuses can take a humanoid-form, mainly the females so far.
Untitled
"Breakings news! We’ve just received solid evidence confirming that some of the octopus creatures can take on a humanoid form, just like the crazy squids! However, this has so far only been observed in females. Are the octo-males not capable of this amazing feat? We’re assigning two interns to focus on answering this tantalizing question."
http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/

Those look badass!

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Nicolai

NintyMan wrote:

whodatninja wrote:

Looks like some of the Octopuses can take a humanoid-form, mainly the females so far.
Untitled

Those look badass!

She seems pretty happy to be human!

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Jmaster

I wonder what other modes will be in the game. I mean, it can't just be Turf War, right?

Jmaster

Grumblevolcano

Jmaster wrote:

I wonder what other modes will be in the game. I mean, it can't just be Turf War, right?

I'm sure there'll be plenty of other modes, after all we do expect the game to release in either May or June so there's plenty of Nintendo Directs to reveal info in that timeframe (remember that the main reason of few Directs in 2014 was likely due to Iwata's health problems).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nicolai

Jmaster wrote:

I couldn't tell you if there will be completely different modes, or just the same mode placed in different contexts (like Super Smash Bros.), but one thing for sure is that we still have plenty of surprises to look forward to. I'm thinking that they'll have to do something different if local multiplayer is going to be included.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Bolt_Strike

Jmaster wrote:

I'd put money on some kind of Capture the Flag game. I'd like them to say something about different multiplayer modes as well.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

I have a feeling there will be a Splatoon Direct sometime next year to give a lot more details.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

iKhan

IceClimbers wrote:

I have a feeling there will be a Splatoon Direct sometime next year to give a lot more details.

Ugh please no. This might be unpopular, but I'm kind of sick of these game-specific directs. They suck out all the excitement and mystery from these games, and that's really a shame.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MsJubilee

iKhan wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

Ugh please no. This might be unpopular, but I'm kind of sick of these game-specific directs. They suck out all the excitement and mystery from these games, and that's really a shame.

What you don't want Nintendo to release more info about games,that people might not know what it is or what it has?And get people excited for a feature the game might have?You might as well say just say release the game blindly,and wait and see how the sales turn out.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

iKhan

midnafanboy wrote:

iKhan wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

What you don't want Nintendo to release more info about games,that people might not know what it is or what it has?And get people excited for a feature the game might have?You might as well say just say release the game blindly,and wait and see how the sales turn out.

I think there is a balance. While I'd like to know enough about the game such that I know I'll be interested, I don't want to know almost everything about the game. That's what they have been doing with the directs.

In regards to Splatoon, I want to be surprised by a mode or two, maybe some items, as well as some maps.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

CaviarMeths

I'm sure all the usual arena shooter gameplay modes will be available in multiplayer. I mean, hopefully Splatoon will be able to keep up with arena shooters like Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, which are both 15 years old.

And yes, general Directs are better than game-specific Directs. In the general ones, we get bombs dropped. XCX was revealed in a general Direct as a big surprise. Ganondorf was revealed as a playable character as a big surprise in a Hyrule Warriors Direct. Wheeeee.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Nicolai

iKhan wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

I can see what you mean. In response to everything said thus far about this, Game-Specific Directs should showcase all the features of the game, like they do now, but in a shorter time-frame, closer to release, and with more surprising reveals. As entertaining as the Mario Kart 8 Direct was, it showcased nothing new, and was about 45 minutes (basically an infomercial).

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

jariw

Nicolai wrote:

I can see what you mean. In response to everything said thus far about this, Game-Specific Directs should showcase all the features of the game, like they do now, but in a shorter time-frame, closer to release, and with more surprising reveals. As entertaining as the Mario Kart 8 Direct was, it showcased nothing new, and was about 45 minutes (basically an infomercial).

Nintendo Directs are infomercials. And 36 minutes is not 45 minutes.

jariw

Grumblevolcano

SpookyMeths wrote:

I'm sure all the usual arena shooter gameplay modes will be available in multiplayer. I mean, hopefully Splatoon will be able to keep up with arena shooters like Quake 3 and Unreal Tournament, which are both 15 years old.

And yes, general Directs are better than game-specific Directs. In the general ones, we get bombs dropped. XCX was revealed in a general Direct as a big surprise. Ganondorf was revealed as a playable character as a big surprise in a Hyrule Warriors Direct. Wheeeee.

To be fair I consider both to be special in their own way, never outside of Smash was it possible to play as evil characters from the LoZ series until Hyrule Warriors came along. Sure you have to earn them by completing most of Legend mode and a fair amount of Adventure mode but they're still there. XCX on the other hand means Wii U will finally have an exclusive JRPG (I'm not counting MH3U as that came out for 3DS and Wii U at the same time), sorry but I'm still considering SMTxFE as cancelled until we get some info.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CaviarMeths

Grumblevolcano wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

To be fair I consider both to be special in their own way, never outside of Smash was it possible to play as evil characters from the LoZ series until Hyrule Warriors came along. Sure you have to earn them by completing most of Legend mode and a fair amount of Adventure mode but they're still there. XCX on the other hand means Wii U will finally have an exclusive JRPG (I'm not counting MH3U as that came out for 3DS and Wii U at the same time), sorry but I'm still considering SMTxFE as cancelled until we get some info.

I don't think Ganondorf was a surprise at all though. A typical Warriors game has dozens of playable characters, good, evil, and in between.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

cookiex

SpookyMeths wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

I don't think Ganondorf was a surprise at all though. A typical Warriors game has dozens of playable characters, good, evil, and in between.

Plus Ganon had already been spoiled in the E3 trailer.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Grumblevolcano

cookiex wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

SpookyMeths wrote:

Plus Ganon had already been spoiled in the E3 trailer.

I wouldn't call that exactly spoiling it though as we knew Ganondorf would exist in the game simply because it's based on the LoZ universe. As for playable status, we did find out that there was originally going to be no villans playable at all hence why Volga, Wizzro and Cia were added via a free update.

Grumblevolcano

IceClimbers

iKhan wrote:

IceClimbers wrote:

On the other hand, at least we will know what we're getting so that way Splatoon doesn't end up like Destiny - overhype based on what people thought they were getting instead of actual confirmed content.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic