Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 261 to 280 of 14,636

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks this game would be amazing with a Wii Remote? The shooting would be awesomely smooth and easy, and with all the fast paced action, some simple motion controls could take the game to the next level.

Except the Super Jump wouldn't work as well without the Gamepad.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

iKhan

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks this game would be amazing with a Wii Remote? The shooting would be awesomely smooth and easy, and with all the fast paced action, some simple motion controls could take the game to the next level.

They are making it work with the Pro Controller. I don't see why it couldn't work with a Wii Remote too.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DefHalan

They would just have to do it Pikmin style, where the GamePad sits next to you.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Octane

GameXplain did an analysis on the latest Splatoon trailer, and as usual, they pointed out some neat little details. However as I was watching the trailer along I found some details myself as well.

First of all, the collectables in Splatoon, I don't know if anyone has pointed that out before, but they seem to be fish eggs, or more specifically salmon roe. It fits the theme of sea creatures very well, and even the fish in the icon appears to resemble a salmon:

Untitled

Next is an image that appeared for a split second at around 1:28 in the trailer, during the seemingly random montage of pictures; A golden disc that seems to be based of the cover of the Sounds of Earth Record that was sent along with the Voyager 1 & 2 back in the late 70's. The way it displays an inkling and a squid is also very reminiscent of the Pioneer Plaque, a golden plague that was on board of the Pioneer 10 & 11. I have no idea why this was shown in the trailer, but it is a neat little easter egg.

Untitled
(Upper image; screenshot Splatoon trailer. Lower-left; Sounds of Earth Record. Lower-right; Pioneer Plaque)

Just goes to show how much detail Nintendo puts in their games, details that are easily overlooked.

Links:
Nintendo trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EXKQQmm9EE
GameXplain Trailer Analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6S2zU6-Zy8

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Bolt_Strike

Octane wrote:

GameXplain did an analysis on the latest Splatoon trailer, and as usual, they pointed out some neat little details. However as I was watching the trailer along I found some details myself as well.

First of all, the collectables in Splatoon, I don't know if anyone has pointed that out before, but they seem to be fish eggs, or more specifically salmon roe. It fits the theme of sea creatures very well, and even the fish in the icon appears to resemble a salmon:

Untitled

Next is an image that appeared for a split second at around 1:28 in the trailer, during the seemingly random montage of pictures; A golden disc that seems to be based of the cover of the Sounds of Earth Record that was sent along with the Voyager 1 & 2 back in the late 70's. The way it displays an inkling and a squid is also very reminiscent of the Pioneer Plaque, a golden plague that was on board of the Pioneer 10 & 11. I have no idea why this was shown in the trailer, but it is a neat little easter egg.

Untitled
(Upper image; screenshot Splatoon trailer. Lower-left; Sounds of Earth Record. Lower-right; Pioneer Plaque)

Just goes to show how much detail Nintendo puts in their games, details that are easily overlooked.

Links:
Nintendo trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EXKQQmm9EE
GameXplain Trailer Analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6S2zU6-Zy8

Oh man, they did not do their research on this one. They made a lot of theories on things that we already saw at E3 like the Splatter Bombs. Most of everything else was stuff that I and that other analysis video already pointed out.

Nice catch on the salmon eggs though.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Smash_kirby

I did love how Sounds of earth was a major plot point in Beast wars, but besides that it seems like a very stylized game and they seem to be rather fleshed out. It only makes me wonder what kind of wacky games are being worked on right now.

Smash_kirby

Inkling

whodatninja wrote:

Awesome trailer! (Now in 60 fps!)

It looks so good!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Bolt_Strike

whodatninja wrote:

Awesome trailer! (Now in 60 fps!)

Doesn't really look any better than when we saw it in the ND.

Bolt_Strike

MuchoMochi

iKhan wrote:

Bolt_Strike wrote:

iKhan wrote:

They are making it work with the Pro Controller. I don't see why it couldn't work with a Wii Remote too.

I hate the wii mote so much, but I guess it would be a nice option for those who enjoy it.

3DS Friend Code: 2895-6767-5334

iKhan

I have a hunch that this game is going to do really really well with 8-14 year old boys. It has that "bigger kid" feel that boys around that age tend to really like, feeling a bit more grown up, without feeling like its "boring adult stuff".

It also reminds me of those "Slime Time" interludes Nickolodeon used to have

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

creeprtrainer52

i think this game will be a MAJOR seller if they use something like texture packs.for example, if we had an adult texture pack that made it more realistic
and that would attract COD fanboys
a fantasy texture will attract fantasy (stuff like harry potter fans) fans
a retro texture pack will attract retro gamers
not sure if you agree because nintendo could do this and people may take it in a wrong way

Edited on by creeprtrainer52

creeprtrainer52

Bolt_Strike

I don't think the CoD market is going to gravitate to this game. It's too cartoony for them. I do think that kids will probably be interested in this, though, so I expect it to do reasonably well sales wise.

Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000

Bolt_Strike wrote:

I don't think the CoD market is going to gravitate to this game. It's too cartoony for them. I do think that kids will probably be interested in this, though, so I expect it to do reasonably well sales wise.

In 4-5 years I don't think the CoD market will gravitate to literally any game that isn't CoD tbh.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

The CoD market buys every new CoD at launch for full price, complains about it loudly, talks about how they would go back to MW3 but there's never anyone online, and then does it all again next year. They're not buying Splatoon, ever.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

skywake

Yeah, this is less of an "answer to CoD" and more of a love letter to Valve written in Super Mario Galaxy ink.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Bolt_Strike

skywake wrote:

Yeah, this is less of an "answer to CoD" and more of a love letter to Valve written in Super Mario Galaxy ink.

More like an answer to the whining about shooters, online multiplayer, new IPs, and Gamepad usage written in Mario Galaxy ink. It seems like it's conveniently tailored to respond to just about every criticism that's been made against the Wii U's lineup.

Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000

Bolt_Strike wrote:

skywake wrote:

More like an answer to the whining about shooters, online multiplayer, new IPs, and Gamepad usage written in Mario Galaxy ink. It seems like it's conveniently tailored to respond to just about every criticism that's been made against the Wii U's lineup.

Yeah that too! I'd bet money the first two especially had a lot to do with the game's creation. The fact that they kept this in mind without making a sellout game should be appreciated.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ryno

Splatoon Developers Share More Details On Gameplay And The St...
First, is a look at the control scheme, brought to you by the “Squid Research Laboratory”. Here’s what it says:
ZL – Squid (dive into the ink
L stick – Move
R – Bomb (uses 70% of your ink)
ZR – Ink Shot (uses ink)
R stick – Look left and right
X – Jump
Y – Camera Reset
You can also press the squid icon on the screen to jump towards your allies, and move the GamePad to take aim.
Untitled
Untitled

The mysterious, squid will guide you in Hero Mode. He seems to know about the Octopus Corps’ activities, while the others don’t seem to know what’s going on as the squids live peaceful lives. The weapon on the right also seems to be a mysterious weapon that also appears in Hero Mode.

Plus so much more!
http://www.siliconera.com/2014/11/20/splatoon-developers-shar...

If this isn't GOTY 2015 I don't know what is. Well maybe XBX, but that is the only other possibility!

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Octane

Kinda weird how the R-stick is used for horizontal camera movement, and the GamePad for vertical movement.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic