Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 2,141 to 2,160 of 14,636

CanisWolfred

Operative wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Megumi wrote:

...Why do people keep saying this game is unfinished? :/

Because they don't understand what the difference is between a "unfinished game" and a "small game with free updates"

I wouldn't call it unfinished. But I think friend lobbies should have been there at launch. Should have been a priority, really.

I genuinely can't see how an online mulitplayer-focused game could be consider 'finished' without it. Microsoft got freakin' Mobbed because they didn't have matchmaking completely right at launch, and rightly so, it' inexcusable. "Don't release a game that people can't play" seems to be a hard pill to swallow for the game industry, and it doesn't help that there are plenty of people willing to roll over and make excuses for them.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

@ThisGuyMaca - Good for you, man. But are you actually gonna contribute anything to this forum, you know, engage people in actual discussion and whatnot? Or are you just going to drop a link to your youtube account and call it a day while you count the hits? Because, you know, the former is what forums are actually for. The latter is not.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

DefHalan

Jason723 wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Megumi wrote:

Because they don't understand what the difference is between a "unfinished game" and a "small game with free updates"

I'd say "incomplete". The game is finished, but you won't have the "complete" experience until August. Do you think that sound better?

Sounds a bit better. I think the slow roll out for the content is to make sure people experience the content in the correct way. Nintendo said themselves that the future levels and content will be more unique and require more skill. This to me is just an evolution of how we consume our games now. We pay full price for a game and content is released over the weeks following that release, episodic games do this. (they normally offer a way to pay as you go also but most people pay the full price and wait for the content) This isn't something that only Nintendo does, this is a new norm in the industry.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

DefHalan

CanisWolfred wrote:

Operative wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

Megumi wrote:

I wouldn't call it unfinished. But I think friend lobbies should have been there at launch. Should have been a priority, really.

I genuinely can't see how an online mulitplayer-focused game could be consider 'finished' without it. Microsoft got freakin' Mobbed because they didn't have matchmaking completely right at launch, and rightly so, it' inexcusable. "Don't release a game that people can't play" seems to be a hard pill to swallow for the game industry, and it doesn't help that there are plenty of people willing to roll over and make excuses for them.

Splatoon's Multiplayer is playable. You can actually play the game. The Halo Collection thing is completely different. The Halo Collection couldn't be played because of some error with the servers. If they rolled out the Multiplayer slowly, at first only had Halo 4 (probably the easiest one to get working) Multiplayer working and the rest disabled, then slowly enabled them as they got it working that would have been different. That is what Splatoon is doing. Splatoon is offering a fully functional game and just having some content release for free later. You might think it isn't worth the investment yet, but not everyone thinks that. Feel free to wait for all the content to be release, I will just keep painting floors (once I get home)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

jasonbrr

The game is incomplete and wasnt ready to be released fully, so instead of delaying the game, they decided to release it as is without all the content available. Its like if a single player game came out and was missing the last half of the game, but the developer/publisher promised to release it free later. Somehow people in here will try and defend everything Nintendo does..even though the same people blast Sony and MS when a game shows up on their systems doing the exact same crap. And it really shouldnt be tolerated. That being said I got the game..and am having some fun with it. Wish all the content was there but it'll keep me entertained for a while.

Anywho, anyone else have an issue with matchmaking? It will basically freeze trying to find people and noway to get out of it without pulling the power from the wiiu? Happened to me during the testing and just now again. Is there anyway to get out of matchmaking?

Also anyone else feeling like the paint roller is slower now? I dont use it but the people Ive played against using it seem so much slower now than in the test. Wondering if Nintendo did some rebalancing.

Edited on by jasonbrr

jasonbrr

NinjaWaddleDee

I think the reason why we are being slowly doled out content boils down to one thing, and one thing only. The Wii U's playerbase is small. They need to keep us coming back for this type of game to work properly.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

FriedSquid

I'm not defending Nintendo, but I personally dont mind having to wait for more content to arrive. I think as it is now I can have enough fun for a couple weeks and practice, give it a break and play something else, then come back to it in a couple months when more content is added. So long as it's free, I dont really mind. I like coming back to a game like this in bursts, but it would be nice if the groundwork was a bit bigger. Still having a lot of fun with it though!

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

luisesteban

I have to admited it....I really suck in this game

luisesteban

Blast

luisesteban wrote:

Don't give up!!! Keep playing!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

EOTW

Is anyone else having serious connections errors? I can join a match but about 15 seconds in I start lagging and my ink won't show up, and I get a generic disconnection notification. Multiplayer is virtually unplayable for me and it sucks

3DS FC: 3222-5568-3578
NNID: EOTW93
NX HYPE

TheMONADO36

luisesteban wrote:

Don't worry about it, as long as you're enjoying yourself that's the main thing. I'm by no means a pro myself but after a bit of time getting used to the twin stick motion control combo I'd say I'm ok at it now so if I can get ok at it anyone can. 😅

Edited on by TheMONADO36

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

4stringsteve

@luisesteban don't worry and just have fun. You'll gett better the more rounds you play.

3DS Friend Code: 3780-9139-9364

Nintendo Network ID: Defian

ELI-ASH

i keep dieing usually to peopple with higher level weapons but i just grin and bear it evetually i'll unlock them myself XD

So in arowana mall afterv a few unlucky rounds i decided to do an early rush into enemy turf. i wasnt alone one of my partners followed and i was ready with the kraken ability when itvran out my partner then use his kraken XD we push the other players so far back they were stuck at the spawn point

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

yokokazuo

I've noticed that the gold aerospray seems to be a pretty good weapon for covering turf, I average around 1100-1200 with it in a match if I win, not sure if it may end up being kind of overpowered or not. Although they don't have much range and I have usually been able to take most splatter shot weapons with the charger so it may be a good counter to stop them from advancing.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

jasonbrr

luisesteban wrote:

Just dont do stupid things like keep painting the same area over and over again. Seen a bunch of people keep doing that and not expanding..theyre so lucky theres no voice chat.

Other than that you cant really suck in this game. Just keep painting stuff. If people keep killing you, then as soon as you see someone, swim and hide and get behind them and start painting the area they were covering. Remember, the object of turf war is to cover as much area as possible. Your K/D ratio really doesnt matter.

jasonbrr

skywake

So after playing with one of the splattershots pretty much exclusively and having more than a 50:50 win rate. Being on the top of my team something like 80% of the time. Changed over to a roller because it was unlocked..... lost four of the five next matches, was on the bottom of my team for all of them. The roller is very much an "assist" weapon. If you are a good player don't pick the roller because you'll get less points and you'll have a less capable team than you would have had if you'd picked another weapon.

That said, the beacon? Probably one of the more helpful "super" abilities in the game. Just make sure if you have it you're using it well. TBH I'm kinda surprised at how balanced the game is and how much depth there is.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

luisesteban

EOTW wrote:

Is anyone else having serious connections errors? I can join a match but about 15 seconds in I start lagging and my ink won't show up, and I get a generic disconnection notification. Multiplayer is virtually unplayable for me and it sucks

I was disconnected once, but I'm really sure it was a problem with the internet at home.

luisesteban

Joeynator3000

...Bleh...my wrist starts hurting, guess I can't play this game for too long. TwT
And Youtube is screwed up with the uploading again...recorded three games. I'll just upload before I head to bed, but anyways yeah...gonna make sure to record some Nintendo Life battles and show you guys how awesome (terrible, lol) I am at this game.
EDIT: Ok it's back to normal, it looks like it'll be up in about 2-ish hours.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic