Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 2,081 to 2,100 of 14,636

jariw

Jaz007 wrote:

The gameplay isn't about maps? No more than any other online shooter.

The reason why the map is on the Gamepad at all times, is because the map changes all the time. Each stain of ink changes how the map looks, it changes how fast you can move, it changes where you need to paint, etc. What "other online shooter" with the same kind of dynamics in the map system are you referring to?

jariw

TheMONADO36

Did anyone get the T-shirt from the deals on Nintendo Store UK? I wasn't really that bothered about it when I pre-ordered but actually looking at it in person I'm really starting to like it. Not tried it on yet mind, I'm not 'fresh' enough to wear it yet 😅

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

skywake

I need to keep reminding myself that when people say "it's a $60 game" they're talking about it being $60US. And complaining. Because America. A place where only a few years ago it was $50US for full retail titles and $30US for cheaper titles. Because Splatoon here in Aussieland is also $60.... $60AU.... in quite a few stores but it's not the RRP. And here $60 is pretty good given that we're used to paying something more like $80.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

spizzamarozzi

TheMONADO36 wrote:

Did anyone get the T-shirt from the deals on Nintendo Store UK? I wasn't really that bothered about it when I pre-ordered but actually looking at it in person I'm really starting to like it. Not tried it on yet mind, I'm not 'fresh' enough to wear it yet 😅

I got the t-shirt from the GameStop pre-order. It looks the same as the NSUK, only in black. Yeah don't have the age for that but it's a nice giveaway...

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

ZurrrrBlattTron

Soooooo.. Did anyone else see the awesome sunkin scrolls video by gamexplain? The lore to splatoon is actually pretty cool and I think could be a good set up for future games :3 just saying

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

ZurrrrBlattTron

Soooooo.. Did anyone else see the awesome sunkin scrolls video by gamexplain? The lore to splatoon is actually pretty cool and I think could be a good set up for future games :3 just saying

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

UGXwolf

ZurrrrBlattTron wrote:

I choose not to spoil it. I'll be playing through in about a week, anyways.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

VoodooTrumpet

Only able to play it for about fifteen minutes this morning before I had to go to work so was only able to squeeze in a couple of online games. Forgot to disable motion controls though so will see how it plays without that when I get home.

Question though: in the Inkopolis lobby, there's some side-alley I was warned about and some guy popping out of a manhole. Does going up to one of those start the single player campaign?

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

jariw

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

Question though: in the Inkopolis lobby, there's some side-alley I was warned about and some guy popping out of a manhole. Does going up to one of those start the single player campaign?

The side alley creature can get you special stuff, if you have the money for it. The manhole is where the single player campaign is located.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Zerodactyl

Shame I have to wait a while before I get my copy

SUBSCRIBE to my GAMING YOUTUBE CHANNEL: www.youtube.com/channel/UCqGc24cyhnXLO3EZ3yPXEzQ

My Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Funny Moments Montage: https://youtube.com/watch?v=8jCaVRifWcQ

3DS Friend Code: 1161-0648-3584 | Nintendo Network ID: Zerodactyl | Twitter:

VoodooTrumpet

jariw wrote:

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

The side alley creature can get you special stuff, if you have the money for it. The manhole is where the single player campaign is located.

Thanks

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

DoctorOverbuild

I've gotta say the Prima guide is quite useful for telling me all the abilities, it stops me from going to the games manual and it showed some previews for future content that looks awesome! Good tips for weapons and maps as well! really pleased with it!

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

UGXwolf

VoodooTrumpet wrote:

Only able to play it for about fifteen minutes this morning before I had to go to work so was only able to squeeze in a couple of online games. Forgot to disable motion controls though so will see how it plays without that when I get home.

Someone probably beat me to this, but the guy in the manhole is Captain Cuddlefish. He starts the single player campaign. The guy in the alley upgrades your weapons, according to the Direct, but I don't know the deal with that.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Ryu_Niiyama

Just picked up the game and amiibo. I cant play until tomorrow but I'm excited!

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Kai_

What's everyone's favourite map? I still love saltspray rig, but the mall is pretty great.

jariw wrote:

Here are some upcoming stages:

Port Mackerel
Untitled

Bluefin Depot
Untitled

Kelp Dome
Untitled

Camp Triggerfish
Untitled

Port and Camp look awesome :3

Edited on by Kai_

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

jariw

UGXwolf wrote:

The guy in the alley upgrades your weapons, according to the Direct, but I don't know the deal with that.

If you see someone with some specific cool gear in the Plaza, you can ask that guy to get it for you. If you have the money, he can get it for you in 1 day. And apparently that guy can add seashell slots to your gear for 30,000 points (instead of waiting for a win at a Splatfest). There are probably other uses as well.

jariw

veeflames

jariw wrote:

UGXwolf wrote:

The guy in the alley upgrades your weapons, according to the Direct, but I don't know the deal with that.

If you see someone with some specific cool gear in the Plaza, you can ask that guy to get it for you. If you have the money, he can get it for you in 1 day. And apparently that guy can add seashell slots to your gear for 30,000 points (instead of waiting for a win at a Splatfest). There are probably other uses as well.

Speaking of buying from other users, will you actually receive the money from the users who buy your gear?

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic