Untitled

Kelp Dome
Untitled

Camp Triggerfish
Untitled

jariw

GrailUK

Wow! This game is awesome!!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

ZuneTattooGuy

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Game looks great. Had fun watching streams, but I think I can wait until August to buy it.

Because of all those great Wii U titles coming out between now and august?

Gamertag: GoingTheDist

skywake

I'm not going to complain about the "lacking content". My general rule of thumb is that if I can get 10 hours out of a game I've got my money's worth. Because a lot of the best games I've played have taken that long to beat. I can easily see myself getting that much out of Splatoon. Easily.

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

ZuneTattooGuy

skywake wrote:

I'm not going to complain about the "lacking content". My general rule of thumb is that if I can get 10 hours out of a game I've got my money's worth. Because a lot of the best games I've played have taken that long to beat. I can easily see myself getting that much out of Splatoon. Easily.

I have played for 4 hours straight, about 1 hour of the career and 3 hours of the Multiplayer. I just made it to Lvl 7 lol

CaviarMeths

So on the business side of things, it looks like it sold about 120k Day 1 in Japan (80% of its shipment). It's getting another shipment June 1, so momentum should carry well for at least a couple of weeks. No word on other regions yet, but we can probably expect a positive PR from NoA/NoE after the weekend.

You can all exhale now, Splatoon is a successful new 1st party IP on the Wii U.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DoctorOverbuild

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

Blast wrote:

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

Sooo I just finished the single player and yeah @Inkling it is pretty weird

?! Did you play nonstop or something? You beat the single player in ONE DAY?!

Yep I played all day haha, finished single player and I found all the scrolls! I did it so I can fully invest myself in to multiplayer now !

How many hours? It's going to take me forever to beat it as I can only game about two hours a week now ...(90 hour work week plus hobbies and school) but an average will help me gauge the best way to spend my time playing the game.

Hmm well it can vary depending on if you want to find the scrolls or not if so (like I did) it takes around 7 hours if not I'd say 6 hours

Edited on by DoctorOverbuild

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

Inkling

I love the ending to the single player. I honestly didn't expect it.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

ZuneTattooGuy

CaviarMeths wrote:

So on the business side of things, it looks like it sold about 120k Day 1 in Japan (80% of its shipment). It's getting another shipment June 1, so momentum should carry well for at least a couple of weeks. No word on other regions yet, but we can probably expect a positive PR from NoA/NoE after the weekend.

Of course it is lol. Its the first new IP from Nintendo in over 10 yrs, wildly creative and fun. Plus the Wii U can always use more strong polished titles like Splatoons. My 3 Pack Amiibos will be in on Monday...damn Gamestop lol

Grumblevolcano

CaviarMeths wrote:

I think it's too early to celebrate, EU and NA are the ones I'm most concerned about. EU because of the lorry theft and NA because of overpricing + wave 4 amiibo releasing on the same day.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DoctorOverbuild

Inkling wrote:

I love the ending to the single player. I honestly didn't expect it.

Yep haha it was brilliant! It was kinda epic too and I liked the way they finished the story

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Of course it is lol. Its the first new IP from Nintendo in over 10 yrs, wildly creative and fun. Plus the Wii U can always use more strong polished titles like Splatoons. My 3 Pack Amiibos will be in on Monday...damn Gamestop lol

It isn't even the first new IP from Nintendo in 2015.

But yeah, this was an important one.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

jariw

The current meter on the road to unlocking Ranked Battles:
Untitled

I'm starting to do my share on that today.

jariw

ZuneTattooGuy

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I think it's too early to celebrate, EU and NA are the ones I'm most concerned about. EU because of the lorry theft and NA because of overpricing + wave 4 amiibo releasing on the same day.

NA overpricing? Its the regular $60 price point. We didn't get the same EU 10% discount but saying its overpriced implies its more costly than $60

ZuneTattooGuy

CaviarMeths wrote:

What Nintendo developed IPs came out in the best 10 yrs?

jump

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I take it you're saying Codename STEAM doesn't count as it wasn't developed by them directly (rather than simply being unaware of games like STEAM, Rhythm Heaven, Xenoblade, Pushmo etc) but that to me is splitting hairs.

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

TheMONADO36

erv wrote:

TheMONADO36 wrote:

jariw wrote:

TheMONADO36 wrote:

Are there any rewards for completing single player that we can take into multiplayer or wear or anything?

Yes.

Thanks.

Think I'll crack on with a bit more single player then if I can tear myself away from Turf War.

But doesn't playing online unlock stuff as well? It's not just single player right?

Yeh but now I have more motivation to complete single player quicker other than the fact it's pretty good and apparently has an unexpected ending.

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

TheMONADO36

CaviarMeths wrote:

If the signs are looking good then I'm happy. It deserves it in my opinion it really does.

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

CaviarMeths

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Oh.

I'm assuming now that you're disqualifying anything not developed specifically by EAD, anything that isn't a full retail release, etc, etc. That whittles down the list to Nintendo Land in 2012. If you want to further disqualify anything that doesn't feature original characters, that would make it Steel Diver in 2011.

I mean, you can keep going. Handheld doesn't count? Then I guess it would be Wii Music in 2008. Only character-based IP, uhh... Pikmin, I guess? But by then you're just eliminating things just cuz, to prop up how big of a deal Splatoon is. But you don't need to. It's a very important game for Nintendo.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

jariw

arronishere wrote:

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

I take it you're saying Codename STEAM doesn't count as it wasn't developed by them directly (rather than simply being unaware of games like STEAM, Rhythm Heaven, Xenoblade, Pushmo etc) but that to me is splitting hairs.

There are EAD developed IPs as well. NintendoLand, Wii Fit, Wii Sports (basically the whole Wii brand), Nintendogs.
Captain Toad as well, if you stretch it.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic