Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 14,636

rjejr

Feel bad for all the stolen merchandise - is it on eBay yet? - but I do laugh every time I read the word "lorry" (always in a "Life on Mars" accent) so that's something.

Any chance those things are serial number stamped to avoid eBay?

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Inkling

So far, the single player has been awesome.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

jariw

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

iKhan wrote:

Inkling wrote:

A lot of 7/10s. 80 on Metacritic.

That's what happens when you make a fun online shooter that lacks strategic communication.

Is that what the reviews have said? I thought for sure it would be the crapton of content they're holding back to steadily release.

Yes, the general negative points seems to be about the content at launch and the inability to change weapons in the lobby.

jariw

LaserdiscGal

Has anyone in the US had theirs shipped out yet (amazon)?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Kai_

jariw wrote:

...the inability to change weapons in the lobby.

To be fair, this is really annoying.

Kai_

3DS Friend Code: 0989-2471-3448

DoctorOverbuild

OneBagTravel wrote:

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

Just got an email from ShopTo saying the game and the three amiibo are coming together tomorrow morning THANK GOD!

Cool, let us know all of the detailed tracking updates too.

haha of course

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

Time gave it a 5 out of 5.

Edit: Apparently Splatoon is also trending on Facebook.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

kkslider5552000

I wish I called it, because I was under the assumption the reviews were gonna average around the lower 80s...

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

yokokazuo

I just had a match which appeared to have quite a bit of lag. After filling an area with ink an enemy swam through it who I took out, about a second later he splattered me somehow. That's about the worst it's gotten though, it's been fine overall.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Peach64

My Inkling Girl amiibo arrived!

Peach64

Shy_Guy

I'm thinking about getting my copy at Target, just because it will come with a free Splatoon squirt gun

Edited on by Shy_Guy

Shy_Guy

Nintendo Network ID: Sparty84 | Twitter:

kyuubikid213

kyuubikid213 (not so) patiently awaits getting off work on Friday so he can join in on the action...

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

rjejr

Plateface wrote:

jariw wrote:

That's a definite negative. I'm ok w/o voice chat, it's 3 minute rounds in a small area. BUT the winning team gets 300 points added on to each individual members leveling up total. And while skill is the biggest factor, a team based shooter should be "team based" and of what I've played every team should probably consist of 2 rollers and 2 guns. Weapon selection should be made after people enter the 4x4 screen so teams have some balance. it won't be perfect, I'd prefer not to play w/ a roller, but if I were on a team and the 3 other people choose guns I'd pick the roller just to help out the team and help earn the 300 points. So even if we just pick and hit the button and it says "Ready" on those who pick first at least players 3 and 4 can look and choose w/ some knowledge of what the team needs.

But I'm just preaching to a well educated choir, aren't I?

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

LaserdiscGal

I agree this is a bit of an oversight, but if enough people complain I'm sure it'll be patched.

LaserdiscGal

ultraraichu

This week of waiting have oddly been going by fast (for me). Normally when I anxiously wait for something, the days/ weeks goes by slower.

Now the only thing to worry about is spend my day off friday at midnight playing Splatoon or spend tomorrow night in line at NWS for the Spatoon & wave 4 amiibo midnight release.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

GrailUK

rjejr wrote:

Plateface wrote:

jariw wrote:

That's a definite negative. I'm ok w/o voice chat, it's 3 minute rounds in a small area. BUT the winning team gets 300 points added on to each individual members leveling up total. And while skill is the biggest factor, a team based shooter should be "team based" and of what I've played every team should probably consist of 2 rollers and 2 guns. Weapon selection should be made after people enter the 4x4 screen so teams have some balance. it won't be perfect, I'd prefer not to play w/ a roller, but if I were on a team and the 3 other people choose guns I'd pick the roller just to help out the team and help earn the 300 points. So even if we just pick and hit the button and it says "Ready" on those who pick first at least players 3 and 4 can look and choose w/ some knowledge of what the team needs.

But I'm just preaching to a well educated choir, aren't I?

Im not sure about this changing weapons in lobby. I can't help thinking if this was allowed the number of times you would come up against teams with 4 rollers (or whatever the flavour of the week weapon is.) would increase and the battles might get samey in some way. If you change your weapon out of the lobby then the game finds you another team. Just thinking out loud. I am in no way experienced enough to have a proper opinion lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

ultraraichu

I was thinking something like that too, at least as a way to expect the unexpected in your first team up and adapt the the battle if you continue with the same group, win or lose. Well that's just my 2 cents of a dollar.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic