Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 14,636

DoctorOverbuild

Grumblevolcano wrote:

It was the game + Squid pack and the two other amiibo separately (because I was too late). I've been told my only option is the standard edition that and I may not even get the hat preorder bonus.

hmm I might be in luck considering I ordered the game with the three amiibo together in one pack and it was till available for like 2 weeks after I pre-ordered it but that really sucks for you!

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

DoctorOverbuild

I've just added my phone number to my account so if they want to contact me (and fight!) they can! I am a bit woried they did dispatch my prima guide and not the game yet.....

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

Inkling wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

It was the game + Squid pack and the two other amiibo separately (because I was too late for the 3 pack). I've been told my only option is the standard edition that and I may not even get the hat preorder bonus.

Did they give you a reason?

Huge batch of special edition bundles were stolen.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DoctorOverbuild

Wow that's insane! People these days

UGXwolf

IIT Retailers proving their incompetence. Seriously, the point of pre-orders is to make sure you have enough stock in the first place. That's what they exist for. Short of a freight ship getting jacked by pirates or being sunk in the crossfire of WWIII, I can't think of any excusable reason for them not to honor their freaking pre-orders.

EDIT: @GrumbleVolcano's explanation checks out, but that shouldn't force them to downgrade people. They should be able to order more from the manufacturer, which means we're looking at you, Nintendo. (Arguably, they should still contact people, explain, and look for people willing to downgrade instead of waiting the extra time to get their order. Best case scenario, enough people downgrade that no one has to wait, but you shouldn't forcibly downgrade people.)

Edited on by UGXwolf

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

DoctorOverbuild

Every time I get an email I'm scared they're gonna cancel it

jariw

Dezzy wrote:

jariw wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Anyone know when the embargo lifts for reviews? Would've thought they'd be up by now!

May 27th, 7 am Pacific.

Aha, and where do you acquire such knowledge, pray tell?

The mighty Internet. And now the reviews are up (NL, IGN, etc).

jariw

MegaMari0

UGXwolf wrote:

IIT Retailers proving their incompetence. Seriously, the point of pre-orders is to make sure you have enough stock in the first place. That's what they exist for. Short of a freight ship getting jacked by pirates or being sunk in the crossfire of WWIII, I can't think of any excusable reason for them not to honor their freaking pre-orders.

EDIT: @GrumbleVolcano's explanation checks out, but that shouldn't force them to downgrade people. They should be able to order more from the manufacturer, which means we're looking at you, Nintendo. (Arguably, they should still contact people, explain, and look for people willing to downgrade instead of waiting the extra time to get their order. Best case scenario, enough people downgrade that no one has to wait, but you shouldn't forcibly downgrade people.)

Was it stolen last minute? or weeks ago? Also even if they had the chance to order more it wouldn't get here before launch. even then what's to stop it from being stolen again?

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

iKhan

MegaMari0 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

After playing as Splatoon a bit, I see why they didn't have a Wii Remote option.

Would you mind elaborating?

Rotating the gamepad doesn't just move the cursor, it shifts the entire view. the Wii Remote is typically better for moving a cursor around the screen.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

DoctorOverbuild

Things are looking very grim I just got an email saying the the strategy guide has been shipped but no news on the game itself

MegaMari0

iKhan wrote:

MegaMari0 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

After playing as Splatoon a bit, I see why they didn't have a Wii Remote option.

Would you mind elaborating?

Rotating the gamepad doesn't just move the cursor, it shifts the entire view. the Wii Remote is typically better for moving a cursor around the screen.

I see. With that said, You can use the R stick as well as the view shifts. Aim with right stick, shift the view to the right left up down etc in case the enemy just happens to be off screen but you know they're there. I admit I don't like motion controls hence why i'm doing the traditional controls. I see where you're coming from though.

Inkling

A lot of 7/10s. 80 on Metacritic.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

deanwig

i just got off the phone with game & he said he didn't know of any games being cancel, he looked at my order & said all looks fine
so now i dont know what to think

deanwig

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6558-3839 | Nintendo Network ID: deanwig

MegaMari0

Inkling wrote:

A lot of 7/10s. 80 on Metacritic.

I bet they won't change their scores once the servers are up for the public. (-_-)

DoctorOverbuild

Hmm I'm guessing game is taking out the orders that had the amiibo ordered separately first either that or I'm lucky for the moment :-/

DoctorOverbuild

deanwig wrote:

i just got off the phone with game & he said he didn't know of any games being cancel, he looked at my order & said all looks fine
so now i dont know what to think

Hmm well we ordered the same thing so hopefully the same applies to me too....
Then again this might be some clueless guy who hasn't been updated!

OneBagTravel

Wired's kinda bash "review" of Splatoon:
http://www.wired.com/2015/05/splatoon/

Complains that it's not your typical shooter.
Takes a jab at the Wii U's catalog, "quite possible, considering Wii U’s lack of big games"
Complains about lack of voice chat
blah blah blah

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

DoctorOverbuild

It got canceled So I've canceled my order and have moved to Amazon where I'm ordering the squid and the girl I'll get the boy later as he is less popular! I know it will cost more but I just want all the amiibo! It's annoying though!

Edited on by DoctorOverbuild

Polyaness

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

It got canceled

Got an e-mail saying the lorry had been stolen lol, so wont get the inkling edition.

Polyaness

3DS Friend Code: 0619-5244-2677 | Nintendo Network ID: Polyanesss

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic