Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 14,636

Grumblevolcano

DoctorOverbuild wrote:

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Looks like Splatoon has some direct competition, Halo 3 ODST is being released on the Master Chief Collection this Friday (29th May).

I thought that was just for people who got the game in a certain time frame?

It's free for those people, chances are for others you have to buy it.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DoctorOverbuild

@Grumblevolcano ahh well I've played it and it gets quite dull so I wouldn't get worried about it haha

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

DoctorOverbuild

Has anyone's pre-orders from game dispatched yet?

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

Anyone in the US getting theirs early?

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

iKhan

After playing as Splatoon a bit, I see why they didn't have a Wii Remote option.

That said, I think Splatoon is a great example of why it was a mistake to not add a gyroscope and accelerometer to the pro controller. If me and a friend want to play 1v1, one of us will be forced to use the right stick controls.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

MegaMari0

iKhan wrote:

After playing as Splatoon a bit, I see why they didn't have a Wii Remote option.

Would you mind elaborating?

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

erv

MegaMari0 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I'm curious as well. The game's highly unoriginal as it's basically pikmin, so I don't see why it wouldn't work

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

UGXwolf

Aaron0507 wrote:

jariw wrote:

Aaron0507 wrote:

Yes, I know it's not a 'shooter' but anyone who has played both PIKMIN 3 and the global test fire will know that they are extremely (and strangely) similar mechanically (especially using the little fully auto paint gun). Both are 3rd party views and the wiimote on PIKMIN 3 would likely be nearly identical in usage to a wiimote compatible splatoon. If you have played both and still disagree, then you are being intellectually dishonest/willfully ignorant.

I've played both (150 hours+ in Pikmin 3, but only the first Testfire in Splatoon) and I still couldn't disagree more. It's fun that you label everyone who disagree with you. If you want a discussion on the matter, please feel free to grow up.

You are dead wrong and we both know it. Part of growing up is being able to conceid a point without feeling like you 'lost'. Which you are obviously incapable of. Feel free to refrain from ad hominems unless, of course, you simply don't have a strong enough argument. In which case, FIRE AWAY!

You're either blatantly trolling or one of the worst debaters I've ever seen. First off, because the red lines are bugging me, it's spelled "concede"

Now onto actual problems with your argument. You just claimed someone was wrong... about an opinion. You do realize that this is a matter of opinion and not fact, right? That's something most people learn in middle school at the latest, though not knowing the difference is surprisingly common.

Now as to your original comment, I have also played PIKMIN 3 and the Global Testfire, and I agree with jariw that the games aren't at all similar. Last I played, there was no auto-fire Pikmin command in PIKMIN 3. The method and style of aiming and shooting is entirely different, and the perspective isn't actually the same, despite both being third-PERSON. (You said third party, before, which while not entirely important, if I know what you meant, is also incorrect.) Splatoon has more of a behind-the-back over-the-shoulder perspective while PIKMIN 3 uses something more of a hybrid top-down/isometric perspective. I'm beginning to wonder if you've even played PIKMIN 3, actually.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

Dezzy

jariw wrote:

Dezzy wrote:

Anyone know when the embargo lifts for reviews? Would've thought they'd be up by now!

May 27th, 7 am Pacific.

Aha, and where do you acquire such knowledge, pray tell?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

I was called today to be told that my Splatoon preorder has been cancelled...

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

jariw

erv wrote:

MegaMari0 wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I'm curious as well. The game's highly unoriginal as it's basically pikmin, so I don't see why it wouldn't work

Seriously?

• Pikmin 3 is not a TPS view, it's an overview camera. The camera might or might not point in the direction the astronaut is facing.
  • Pikmin 3 is movement in 2 directions (X and Z). Movement across the Y axis is made by elevators or by slopes. Splatoon is movement across 3 axis.
  • Pikmin 3 is a SLOW game based on strategy, where accurate camera position isn't needed at all times.
  • Pikmin 3 is a game where the camera position is handled by guesswork. You run in a direction and reset the camera. This only works because the gameplay is slow. Splatoon requires rapid and precise camera work.
  • The suggestion that (in a Pikmin 3 manner) the player have the Gamepad for map/superjumping on the table while playing with the wiimote would harm the gameplay. If you are cornered by 3 enemies and want to escape by superjump to another team member, you would be dead before you had reached for the Gamepad.
  • In Pikmin 3, pikmins can be thrown in almost any direction, compared to how astronaut is positioned. If this was implemented in Splatoon, this would be unfair and impossible to handle for other players, since the player could basically see what's behind him and fire backwards.
  • The Splatoon control scheme requires many more buttons than what comfortably can be handled by the Wiimote+NunChuck.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

DoctorOverbuild

DoctorOverbuild

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Oh no they haven't tried yet with me but I'm nervous now! What edition?

GAME

deanwig

what one did u order? was it the 3pack

deanwig

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6558-3839 | Nintendo Network ID: deanwig

Inkling

Luckily, I ordered with ShopTo, and mine's arriving very soon. But @Grumblevolcano that sucks.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

DoctorOverbuild

@deanwig I did so I'm worried if grumblevolcanoes got canceled

Grumblevolcano

It was the game + Squid pack and the two other amiibo separately (because I was too late for the 3 pack). I've been told my only option is the standard edition that and I may not even get the hat preorder bonus.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Inkling

Grumblevolcano wrote:

It was the game + Squid pack and the two other amiibo separately (because I was too late for the 3 pack). I've been told my only option is the standard edition that and I may not even get the hat preorder bonus.

Did they give you a reason?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic