Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 181 to 200 of 14,636

Bolt_Strike

arronishere wrote:

Ninty really can't win, I just spotted this article on IGN saying how Splatoon should be a platform game...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/18/gamescom-2014-splatoon-...

I can kind of see where he's going with it, and we do need a new 3D collectathon platformer (that genre is practically dead now), but making Splatoon into one would be a waste, we need good Nintendo IPs that aren't platformers more than anything.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

DefHalan

arronishere wrote:

Ninty really can't win, I just spotted this article on IGN saying how Splatoon should be a platform game...

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/08/18/gamescom-2014-splatoon-...

Most People - "Nintendo needs to stop doing platformers and start doing shooters"
Nintendo - "Here is a brand new shooter with unique mechanics"
IGN - "Splatoon should be a platformer, not a shooter"

I love some people's logic

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

CaviarMeths

Bolt_Strike wrote:

[we do need a new 3D collectathon platformer (that genre is practically dead now)

Good.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

I think it would be really cool if there was like graffiti or posters of other Nintendo franchises in the game. Like you see a wall covered in a awesome Metroid design or something. Maybe a map can be designed like a Pokeball or something. Just have fun with the designs.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

PrincessSugoi

I was wondering just yesterday just how detailed this game will get with it's environments. I hope there's more variety and props, it'd be kind of dull if it's the same general area with just different layouts. Some references to other Ninty franchises would be cool, maybe even a special Mario Sunshine (for example) themed stage. This game is already high on the wacky scale, might as well go all out.

I hope there's a big merchandising push in store for this IP and maybe even an anime or manga. I can't imagine anything with the Inklings on it not selling like hotcakes. It could easily be a case where Ninty would make more off the merch/toys/tie-in's/etc. than the game itself. Most importantly, I just really need to have a room full of squid girl merch.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Blast

PrincessSugoi wrote:

I was wondering just yesterday just how detailed this game will get with it's environments. I hope there's more variety and props, it'd be kind of dull if it's the same general area with just different layouts. Some references to other Ninty franchises would be cool, maybe even a special Mario Sunshine (for example) themed stage. This game is already high on the wacky scale, might as well go all out.

I hope there's a big merchandising push in store for this IP and maybe even an anime or manga. I can't imagine anything with the Inklings on it not selling like hotcakes. It could easily be a case where Ninty would make more off the merch/toys/tie-in's/etc. than the game itself. Most importantly, I just really need to have a room full of squid girl merch.

Wow. Agreed fully!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Inkling

We need more info on this game

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

PrincessSugoi

Garage, huh? Well this afterschool club seems to be off to an intriguing start.

Once the holiday line up is out, we should start hearing much more about this title. The E3 reception should have clued Ninty in that they need to hype this up.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

WebHead

I like the garage idea. Nintendo needs new blood, new ips.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Kewlan

What they definitely need a Nintendo MOBA!

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

Aviator

Had a play of Splatoon today.

It really isn't that interesting. The ink mechanic is very basic. Can't see why there is so much hype for it.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Aviator

It really isn't that interesting. The ink mechanic is very basic. Can't see why there is so much hype for it.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Octane

Aviator wrote:

Becuz itz NINTANDO reinventing the shoooterz genre!!1!!!!1

Octane

kkslider5552000

Aviator wrote:

Well...you seem to be in minority. While I can't comment too much without playing it, I don't think that's entirely fair. It seems like something that is just a new way to play multiplayer FPS (in the same way Titanfall added jetpacks and mechs, for example), and it seems like a really fun multiplayer FPS (especially taking into consideration both what they've said and what I've seen for what they're planning). With that comparison in mind, let's hope it isn't overhyped by TEH HARDCORE to the point of being annoying to me though...

Also, I can't help but see "very basic" as just "how dare it be simple and easy to learn" whining. :/

Granted, I'm also not expecting it to be GOTY material or anything and Evolve will probably be the better game for multiplayer FPS.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Octane

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It seems like something that is just a new way to play multiplayer FPS (in the same way Titanfall added jetpacks and mechs, for example), and it seems like a really fun multiplayer FPS (especially taking into consideration both what they've said and what I've seen for what they're planning).

Is it? I thought it was third person only.

Octane

Aviator

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Evolve will probably be the better game for multiplayer FPS.

Evolve is fantastic.

QUEEN OF SASS

You know
But I'm just like

Inkling

MORE INFO PLS

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Bolt_Strike

Aviator wrote:

It being basic is besides the point, as long as it's fun and innovative, it lives up to the hype.

Inkling wrote:

MORE INFO PLS

I have a feeling we're not going to get any more info on it for a while (probably not until next year), but for the sake of discussion, what would you like to see revealed next?

I want to see more multiplayer modes, I think some of them would be fun to play with Splatoon's mechanics. Especially Capture the Flag.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

kkslider5552000

Octane wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

It seems like something that is just a new way to play multiplayer FPS (in the same way Titanfall added jetpacks and mechs, for example), and it seems like a really fun multiplayer FPS (especially taking into consideration both what they've said and what I've seen for what they're planning).

Is it? I thought it was third person only.

The fact that I keep forgetting this says a lot.

But it's a multiplayer shooter, I just use FPS for that because...that's usually how it is. Plants vs.Zombies Garden Warfare would be the best comparison I guess?

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

I thought an arena shooter with addictive, steamlined gameplay was the whole point...?

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic