Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 14,636

UGXwolf

@rjejr Honestly, the Amiibo's level is almost entirely meaningless, anyways. They keep learning even past level cap and just because they went up a level doesn't mean they're really any smarter or stronger than they were before. They adapt by checking what gets them points and what doesn't. Then they just do wjat works until someone shows them that it doesn't always work.

A nifty calendar (Updated 9/13/15)
The UGXloggery ... really needs an update.

rjejr

jariw wrote:

According to DaBoss at NeoGAF, level 10 is said to be at around 45,200 points, according to this pattern:
(1->2) 700 > (2-3) 1,600 > (3->4) 2,600 > (4->5) 3,650 > (5->6) 4,800 > (6->7) 6,000 > (7->8) 7,250 > (8->9) 8,600 > (9->10) 10,000

Thanks. Didn't read the 45,200 at first and thought it was going to be worse than SSBU, and somebody really wanted level 10 to be right at 10k points. After I saw the 45,200 I realized those weren't the levels, it's how many more points you needed to earn to level up. Average 800 points per level = 55 3 minute matches = 165 minutes = 2:45 online play time to reach level 10. Not too bad. Gives my kids and I something to shoot for that will last more than 1 hour.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection
The lovers, the dreamers and me

Undead_terror

Also something for everyone that is interested, the creators of the smash 4 cards and the MK8 cards is gonna be making Splatoon cards! here is a survey to help, so far from previous votes the card will be dynamic which means that they can level up!

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

rjejr

UGXwolf wrote:

@rjejr Honestly, the Amiibo's level is almost entirely meaningless, anyways.

Well that was my worry, that the Level 10 mark in Splatoon would be just as meaningless and amount to no more than you get 1 level up every match you play if they set the leveling up mark at say 500 points for every level. If everybody could make it to level 10 in just 10 3 minutes matches players skills would probably not have progressed all that far to make it into ranked battles. Players should get somewhat better if they have to play 50 matches to get to level 10.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

jariw

rjejr wrote:

Players should get somewhat better if they have to play 50 matches to get to level 10.

And, based on some of the Testfire Demo videos I've watched, some will not even be close to reaching level 10 in 50 matches. Some players seems to mainly go for kills, which means that they will get the occasional 300 points for the winning team and nothing else.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

Inkling

Follow-up to my previous post, ShopTo are saying I should have a package delivered tomorrow. Is Splatoon coming early?

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Datasun_7

@Inkling Yeah i have had the same message, i assume that means the dpd are delivering your parcel like mine?
I got the bundle with game and all three amiibos too! I'm so excited

Proud Samus main for ssb4!
Hyped for Capt. Toad, Yoshis woolly world, Mario maker and splatoon in the first half of 2015
Wii U, 3DS and PS4 owner

3DS Friend Code: 2595-1379-1446 | Nintendo Network ID: Datasun_7

Inkling

Datasun_7 wrote:

@Inkling Yeah i have had the same message, i assume that means the dpd are delivering your parcel like mine?
I got the bundle with game and all three amiibos too! I'm so excited

Yeah, and exactly the same order. I'm so hyped!

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

ninjafox

I have ordered the Splatoon special edition with girl & boy amiibo from GAME, placed my order the first day it was available to pre-order but it hasn't been dispatched yet.

Does anyone know when GAME normally send their pre-orders out or has anyone else pre-ordered Splatoon from GAME? I am just concerned that they might not get enough amiibo in so will end up cancelling my order...

ninjafox

Polyaness

ninjafox wrote:

I have ordered the Splatoon special edition with girl & boy amiibo from GAME, placed my order the first day it was available to pre-order but it hasn't been dispatched yet.

Does anyone know when GAME normally send their pre-orders out or has anyone else pre-ordered Splatoon from GAME? I am just concerned that they might not get enough amiibo in so will end up cancelling my order...

I have pre-ordered from game, but nothing from 'em yet.

Polyaness

3DS Friend Code: 0619-5244-2677 | Nintendo Network ID: Polyanesss

erv

Lol, I'm a digital only guy and now don't get to play early.

Oh well, I'll catch up.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

TheMONADO36

I usually get an email from GAME a few days before things release saying its dispatched so sit tight lads there's still plenty of time even on free delivery.

Nintendo store UK have emailed me about my splatoon squid edition being dispatched today but they tend to do it early.

I have the inklings on pre-order on Amazon and don't expect to hear from them till a day before release.

Edited on by TheMONADO36

TheMONADO36

3DS Friend Code: 1306-8212-3438 | Nintendo Network ID: TheMONADO36

Azooooz

erv wrote:

Lol, I'm a digital only guy and now don't get to play early.

Oh well, I'll catch up.

Looks like we're in the same boat, my friend.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

DoctorOverbuild

Polyaness wrote:

ninjafox wrote:

I have pre-ordered from game, but nothing from 'em yet.

Same here nothing yet but I'm sure everything is good it says 1-2 working days therefore if it is tomorrow that's 2 working days or it could be Thursday which is 1 working day so no need to panic! They stopped taking pre orders for the squid edition with the two amiibos so I guess they know their stock!

Edited on by DoctorOverbuild

My youtube channel for all your Nintendo News needs! - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIh04YEpt3b-z_sVY5YrZDA
The Fire Emblem Hype Is Always Strong!!!
NNID : DoctorOverbuild
3ds Friend Code : 5456 - 0350 - 6896

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0350-6896 | Nintendo Network ID: DoctorOverbuild | Twitter:

rjejr

jariw wrote:

300 points for the winning team and nothing else.

My guess is once people get the whole game - well the whole of it that releases on Friday, I'm still of the belief that only about half of this game releases this Friday w/ the rest spread out over the summer - then people will figure out about the points. The test really was about the servers more than about playing the game.

Things I've learned on just the last few pages of this forum, even though I played for 2 hours and watched my kids play another:

29 weapons. That's a lot more weapons than just 4. (I knew there was more than 4, figured about 12 to 16, 3 or 4 of each type)
You can aim the subweapon. I'm guessing mainly that tornado, I only really used the shield weapon. I really wan't to be a krakken.
Painting walls doesn't matter. I spent so much time painting walls in the demo.

The points didn't really matter in the demo, so it made sense just to have fun and shoot people. And the rollers were so OP the first weekend, but they mostly got chewed up this past weekend, people had already learned to adapt. So I think once the game releases and people start playing it they'll figure out things like 2x the points for coloring the opponents color. I was only told that a few day sago. Plus a lot of those low scorers may not even get the game, test was open to all Wii U owners. This game won't sell 9.42mil copies, no matter how well it sells. People will figure it out after a dozen or so matches how best to earn points towards leveling it up if it isn't already explained better in the game tutorial or single player. Might level up faster once we get some gear add-ons as well.

I've never played a FPS before (yes I know this is THIRD person, just saying) so I am a bit curious about how all of this stuff plays out - gear, points, leveling, looking for people I know online. I already have a nemesis in NintenGod who was kicking my butt every match. Was fun when he was on my team though. I'm like a 49 year old online virgin. I can imagine how people who normally play online squad based shooters w/ voice chat could find this all very lame though. Better for me if the pro gamers don't show up.

Someday we'll find it
The rainbow connection

Ryno

Glad I got to try it out over the weekend. Consider me not impressed.

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Ryu_Niiyama

Miss_Dark wrote:

I didn't play the demo, so I hope someone knows the answer to this: can people with motion sickness play this "FPS"? I felt a bit ill after watching videos but it wasn't anything bad. If I watch videos of timesplitters 2, I almost have to vomit after like 15 min... I can't afford buying this game without being able to play it. What do you guys think?

Well it is a third person shooter so you should be fine unless shooting in general makes you sick. I'd say the only concern is the super jump might get a little weird with the camera angles.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

MegaMari0

Quinnsdaddy11 wrote:

MegaMari0 wrote:

29 weapons? That was more than I expected. I thought the weaponry would be on the shallow side.

What gave you that impression? In the trailers alone it shows several weapons we don't even have yet, like the paintbrush. This game will have a ton of weapons, and outfits to unlock I can't wait.

Well for starters, other 3rd person/FPS have tons of weapons. For the few that I saw, I thought there would at most, be a few variations of each. I understand the variations of clothing would be massive because it's clothes. Nobody has to be a fashionista to know that there will be tons of that. Splatoon weapons are more unique and clever then say your standard COD game. So I expected few weapons. I just felt 29 weapons was surprising. I'm not complaining about them at all.

"When expecting booby traps, always send the boob in first." -Megatron-

3DS Friend Code: 3153-3802-3566 | Nintendo Network ID: coldfusion88

jariw

Miss_Dark wrote:

I didn't play the demo, so I hope someone knows the answer to this: can people with motion sickness play this "FPS"? I felt a bit ill after watching videos but it wasn't anything bad. If I watch videos of timesplitters 2, I almost have to vomit after like 15 min... I can't afford buying this game without being able to play it. What do you guys think?

Apparently, NoA at least has demo versions that you can try out (at selected stores). Don't know about NoE.

jariw

jasonbrr

Ign is streaming the game right now. Their review goes up tomorrow. Just said the campaign is about 5 hours and Jose had a lot of fun with it.

Edited on by jasonbrr

jasonbrr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic