Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 141 to 160 of 14,636

WhiteNoise17

I watched a GameXplain video today on this game and they talked about how it could have different character classes and it got me thinking maybe there is a heavy duty character, a quick squidteen (just made that up) or will guns change how you play? Also will there be bigger maps and melee weapons?

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

A character designer at Nintendo is gonna get a raise soon I feel.

I'm hoping it's the same person who made the backgrounds in NSMBU. If so I will call him Deserv A. Rays.

Yes I do like referencing a thing I said that no one remembers, why do you ask?

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Dreamz

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

I watched a GameXplain video today on this game and they talked about how it could have different character classes and it got me thinking maybe there is a heavy duty character, a quick squidteen (just made that up) or will guns change how you play? Also will there be bigger maps and melee weapons?

Maybe it's just me, but I'd actually rather not have classes. I've used similar systems in both TF2 and CoD, and I didn't really care much for the system in either game.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Bolt_Strike

WhiteNoise17 wrote:

They were talking about the character classes in one of the Treehouse videos, the way they were talking it seems like the characters are all the same and you just choose your weapon, not that there are different characters with different weapons.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

WhiteNoise17

@Dreamz and @Bolt_Strike What I meant wasn't necessarily classes but character types, like getting certain attributes depending on the character you have like a big character who's ink splotch covers more ground per shot, they would take more hits to splatter and had to move slower but could pick any weapon they wanted and not just be stuck to a weapon and class. And yeah standard shooter classes probably make this game a little less unique.

Edited on by WhiteNoise17

Capcom at E3: Guys we're sorry about how we've been treating Mega Man so we're gonna make it up to you by releasing the Mega Man Cancelled Collection with all the titles we cancelled in the condition they we're in just before we pulled the plug. Now who wants Street Fighter X Monster Hunter?

Kewlan

I like the idea of a heavy character. And what if he's an octopus instead of a squid?
What if there's a map with a boss, which could be Kraken?

ಠ_ಠ
Waiting for ShadowforSSB4 to take me up to the heavens.

Favorite Game List:
1#: Lufia 2
2#: Terraria
3#: Team Fortress 2

3DS Friend Code: 3153-4099-8763 | Nintendo Network ID: Kewlan

WhiteNoise17

Kewlan wrote:

I like the idea of a heavy character. And what if he's an octopus instead of a squid?
What if there's a map with a boss, which could be Kraken?

That gave me an idea though I don't know how. What if the single player story (if It is a story) is kinda like JET GRIND RADIO? It would work like this in the squid world there a new game that is popular among the youth called Splatoon and it has been outlawed by adults and the cops see it as defacing property and made the game illegal so you go throughout the story as a squid teen (boy or girl) having massive games of splatoon in the streets, subway stations, and in factories until the cops give up pursuit and eventually legalize it but they're super hostile and shoot and attack the squid teens (with water guns) kinda like in JET GRIND RADIO also doing missions like covering the most territory from rival Splatoon gangs with your own ink. The cops are also octopi and send other enforcers after you like Krakens or other marine water life.

Retro_on_theGo

kkslider5552000 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

A character designer at Nintendo is gonna get a raise soon I feel.

I'm hoping it's the same person who made the backgrounds in NSMBU. If so I will call him Deserv A. Rays.

Yes I do like referencing a thing I said that no one remembers, why do you ask?

Definitely stealing that.

Blast

Soooo.... Is there a story to this game?

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

19Robb92

Blast wrote:

IIRC they said they wanted to implement a singleplayer element in to the game at E3.

The game seem to be really early in development. Wouldn't surprise me if they changed up the multiplayer and gave us different classes and stuff as well.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Blast

19Robb92 wrote:

Blast wrote:

IIRC they said they wanted to implement a singleplayer element in to the game at E3.

The game seem to be really early in development. Wouldn't surprise me if they changed up the multiplayer and gave us different classes and stuff as well.

Cool, cool. I'm excited for the game.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

Miyamoto is involved.

No.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamz

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

Miyamoto is involved.

No.

Does there need to be a story? Can't we all simply be cute squids and enjoy inking everything in sight just because?

Edited on by Dreamz

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Splatoon, Zelda U

Kewlan

We're in a dark time... everyone is consumed by the greed to own the most territory...
The heads of each organization has sent out their best mercenaries to ink the big cities...
Normal Ending:
You want to survive in this hell of a world? You better pick a side...
Alternate Ending:
This world needs a hero. Someone who can clean this mess up.

SUPER MARIO SUNSHINE 2 CONFURMD!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

CaviarMeths

Dreamz wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Blast wrote:

Miyamoto is involved.

No.

Does there need to be a story? Can't we all simply be cute squids and enjoy inking everything in sight just because?

There doesn't need to be a sophisticated story, no. An arena-based game is going to get pretty darn dull though if there's no story in the single player. Even early arena shooters like Quake and Red Faction had simple stories.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Sparx

Blast wrote:

In a world where pollution has grown out of hand, the squid people were pushed out of their natural environments of the ocean and now live on land...this land though, is too small and wars have spread among the squid people...until a business cat dude decided on a way to end the mindless wars

A game

A game in which two tribes face off and attempt to claim as much land as they possibly can in a time limit and then the tribe with more claimed gets the whole plot of land....

And so, each tribe chose their best warriors and sent them in to the game we now call....Splatoon!

My avatar is from here

Kewlan

Sparx wrote:

until a business cat dude decided on a way to end the mindless wars

I totally forgot about that cat! I bet he's the one hiring the inklings to fight against each other!

ಠ_ಠ

Favorite Game List:

WhiteNoise17

Kewlan wrote:

Sparx wrote:

until a business cat dude decided on a way to end the mindless wars

I totally forgot about that cat! I bet he's the one hiring the inklings to fight against each other!

OH CRAP! There was a cat hey maybe he's a weapon salesman like Drebin from MGS4.

Joeynator3000

19Robb92 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm pretty sure there's already different classes in the game, we just didn't get to use them in the demo. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

R_Champ

Xiao_Pai wrote:

19Robb92 wrote:

Blast wrote:

I'm pretty sure there's already different classes in the game, we just didn't get to use them in the demo. lol

One of the tree house events touched on this. One of the guys from NOA asked one of the devs how super weapons would work and they got into a brief conversation on choosing weapons before a match...which sounds a lot like classes to me. (Don't remember if they used that actual word or not though).

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic