Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 11,261 to 11,280 of 14,636

Inkling

@Jazzer94 Yeah, so am I.

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970

Jazzer94

@Inkling: Keep getting dc'd even though connection is fine, this seems to happen every now and then looks like I won't be able to play.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

ELI-ASH

earlier today i tried joining a friend on turf who just got splatoon,unfortunately he left but the cool part was everyone else besides me was single digit in levels. It was on Moray and i was using the Splattershot Jr. It was crazy i got 10 splats and got to the top of the enemys spawn. I think they had 9% turf coverage in the end too XD

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

yokokazuo

Japan Splatfest Results:

Untitled

Popularity
Red Fox 62% - Green Tanuki 38%

Win Percent
Red Fox 44% - Green Tanuki 54%

Final score
Red Fox 326 - Green Tanuki 374

For popularity, Red Fox had 5% less than the first time and a 3% lower win percentage.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Nicolai

@yokokazuo: Wow, Japan repeated a Splatfest? I wouldn't want to repeat a Splatfest.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Lycidas

Encountered several players today, most with japanese Names, that made the Bubbler Sound when hit, despite not having a Bubbler active, and some might not even had a Bubbler weapon on them, as there is no Gallon with a Bubbler, right?
is it only lag, or has there been a hack around? If so, I'll stop playing, that is the opposite of fun...

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

jariw

@n00bfux0r420: @Lycidas: On Turf War right now (with all the new Holiday players), you should probably expect that strange things happens with connections. Specially for players below level 15.

jariw

Lycidas

@jariw: Yep, you're right, though it's surprising since I'm Level 32 and playing mostly Levels 40+ today. But it's quite galling to see an Inkstrike mere 10 Seconds after the game started...

and with all those "perfect" gear with thrice the same sub ability and whatnot, the game sure has changed.

3DS Friend Code: 0662 - 2569 - 8444 Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion
Pocket football club: Hebel 05 FC ID: 6788BCBD4

Super Mario Maker Levels

Nintendo Network ID: Dedalion

TheXReturns

@Lycidas It's really not that hard to get 'perfect' gear. Just takes a couple of Rerolls.

I have no real motivation to either fit or rich. They're both subjective anyway, so you'd never truly be perfectly 'rich' or perfectly 'fit'. I'll just go with whichever side most of you go on.

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

yokokazuo

Piranha Pit is coming December 28th/29th at the usual update time!
28th at 6pm Pacific, 9pm Eastern,
29th at 2am UTC, 1PM AEDT, 11am Japan.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Jazzer94

Great once again Splatoon is not working for me and I know it isn't my internet.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

jariw

Jazzer94 wrote:

Great once again Splatoon is not working for me and I know it isn't my internet.

What's the issue you're having? I have noticed some errors while connecting to the lobby the last few days, but it can happen when (new) players with router issues try to connect to the same lobby. I just try again when it happens.

jariw

Jazzer94

@jariw: Toady mostly 118-0006 and 103-1602 with a few cannot connect to partners device messages. I've tried the solutions suggested on forums and Nintendo themselves I can tell the issue isn't my router as my other Wii U games consoles and devices are working fine.
This happened about a month back as well where I was having constant issues before it started working fine again, I really just want to know why at this point.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

shani

@crimsontadpoles: What, it's on a friday? Not that I really care, but it's strange that they changed it with no reason...

GoldenGamer88 wrote:

We need more .... money. Honestly, though, it's a really tough choice for me because both matters to me greatly. It'll probably come down to the team color. That's always my indicator when I can't decide lol!

Yeah, I didn't realize this (the fixed colors) until a few Splatfests ago, but now it also has become a deciding factor whenever I can't choose (which is basically everytime). Fit and rich are both very desirable, but since becoming fit is a lot easier when you're rich, I'll go with rich.
I'm tired of complaining and this theme isn't as bad as the others, but still a wierd choice. Why not make it interesting and let people choose between rich and evil or poor and good-hearted, for example?

Lycidas wrote:

Haven't played for some time, but man did the Kraken got nerfed down!
In my 4 hours today, every single weapon was able to stall me, the Gallons even pushing me away and stalling at a certain distance, despite their slow firing rate and ink consumption. Sure, if you take someone unawares it's still good, but that's a bit too much, or am I the only one with the feeling?

First of all, it got nerfed several times, not just once, and I think that's a good thing.
Yes, you are now able to push the Kraken away, but only if you can focus your fire, as soon as the Kraken moves to the side, you're dead. Before, it was impossible to push the Kraken away at all. Now it's like 5 or 10% possible. It's definitely not too much since most of the times you won't be able to push back the Kraken the whole time. So the best strategy is still to evade the Kraken and wait. And pushing the Kraken away is not easy, I doubt any unexperienced player will be able to do it. I've achieved it a few or several times but only once did that save my life. The other times I pushed the Kraken back but not long enough until it is over. The Kraken still got me eventually because all it takes is for one shot not to hit the target.
That's the good news. The bad news is the developers still forgot to nerf the Bubbler, it's still OP (yes, it can also be pushed away but the chances are still < 0,1%) and the only counter-strategy is evasion.

Lycidas wrote:

I have noticed some errors while connecting to the lobby the last few days, but it can happen when (new) players with router issues try to connect to the same lobby. I just try again when it happens.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason, people always forget that if there are 8 different players, there are at least(!) 9 different potential sources for a disconnect or lag. Especially with newcomers.

jariw wrote:

@Inkling: Hmm games acting weird again and I got dc'd, doing a turf war test.

Keep in mind that disconnects are much more likely to happen during TW than during Ranked Battle. I only stumbled upon this 3 Splatfests ago when I had a disconnect every second match. I finally found out that the Netcode was changed with version 2.0.0 (proof: the second Global Testfire was still running on old Netcode and was flawless) which created disconnects for people who had no problems whatsoever before the update. The solution was so simple that I didn't come up with it myself: I had entered a manual DNS (smartDNS actually, to access US Netflix) and just deleting it and settingn it to automatic fixed the problem (alternatively, someone suggested using Google's DNS). Here are three links that I bookmarked back then:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1106177
Connection Unstable Information Thread: If You Are Having Iss...
Update on connection problems from Nintendo

Jazzer94 wrote:

Encountered several players today, most with japanese Names, that made the Bubbler Sound when hit, despite not having a Bubbler active, and some might not even had a Bubbler weapon on them, as there is no Gallon with a Bubbler, right?
is it only lag, or has there been a hack around? If so, I'll stop playing, that is the opposite of fun...

I assume with gallon you mean a bucket aka slosher? Well there is a slosher with the Bubbler. And I've seen teams that all had a Bubbler as a special. And you can share the Bubbler with your teammates. So all it would take for that to happen would be a huge lag and then it would be explainable. Was it in Turf War, random ranked or squads?

Anyway, I'll be playing in about three hours, when the new map arrives. Anyone care to squad up then?

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

shani

@crimsontadpoles: Lol, I wasn't even aware of that.
It makes even less sense as on Friday everyone will still have a hangover from New Year's Eve. I guess people at NoE don't drink or like to party then? I sure as hell won't be able to play Splatoon on Friday.
They should've moved it to Sunday instead.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

ELI-ASH

I get pinballed pretty bad sometimes when i bubble on mahi mahi specially.

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic