Forums

Topic: Splatoon - OT

Posts 11,181 to 11,200 of 14,636

Blue_Blur

TheXReturns wrote:

@Blue_Blur Congrats! I kinda lost track of my level when I started caring about my rank over my level, but knowing how long you must have put into it is really impressive. Sorry I'm so late to congratulate, I got too caught up in Xenoblade...

No need to worry! I haven't played X yet, but I know from the original that it becomes your primary focus in gaming for a while. Thanks for congrats, though!

ELI-ASH wrote:

Any1 here a splattershot Jr. Main? I been messinng around with it. How is it in rank?

I haven't used the Jr. much myself, but my brother has, and has done some great things with the splat bombs and bubbler. I know from using the Tri-Slosher a lot that the bubbler is a HUGE help, especially right when you're reaching a knockout in TC. If you like how it plays, I would try and main it, even for turf wars, too.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

ELI-ASH

@Iggly: hm respawn and movement speed up thats my default for most of the weapons i play got that covered
@Blue_Blur: I use it solely on splafest and did some sick plays. On one round in flounder i got a triple while bubbled and by the time the enemy returned to get me i bubbled again

My Youtube channel Now streaming via youtube gaming. O_O My backloggery
PSN:ELI-ASH

Switch Friend Code: SW-2622-8275-6903 | 3DS Friend Code: 0903-3818-6753 | Nintendo Network ID: lielie112

Jazzer94

@ELI-ASH: Going have to disagree a bit with @Iggly: comeback is probably the worst ability don't waste a slot on it put cold blooded main instead with 3 sub swim up/run up depending on preference.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

LzWinky

Stealth Jump is amazing too

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

jariw

I just saw the new Media Create sales number for last week in Japan, with Splatoon at more than 77,000 unit sold during the past week. Then I noticed that the numbers for Wii U hardware were even higher (80,301 hardware units sold). Splatoon and Mario Maker are now officially big system sellers.

And since the Japanese holiday numbers are expected to continue (and perhaps even rise) during the 2 next weeks, Splatoon will probably soon pass MK8 life time sales in Japan.

EDIT: Apparently it seems to be even more insane: the Splatoon bundle and Splatoon game are both sold out. Wii U was projected for above 100,000 units next week but can't because stock shortages.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

LzWinky

Wii U is sold out just about everywhere here. Game sections are also a bit bare. Merry Christmas to all new inklings this Friday!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo underestimating Splatoon's popularity again it seems.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

LzWinky

Not just Splatoon. A lot of games are gone

Iggly

@Jazzer94 I wouldn't really say Comeback is the worst ability since those 20 seconds where you have your movement, swim speed and having both Ink Saver Main and Sub boosted can make the difference in a Tower Control and Rainmaker match. Now if you don't use those 20 seconds wisely then yeah it's useless, but the 20 seconds are worthwhile if you know what you're doing. If anything, Recon would be the worst since it has even less uses than Comeback.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

Jazzer94

@Iggly: Problem being is you shouldn't be dying enough times to make it useful and the main benefit is the boost in speed so you might as well just have that as the main, its a waste of a main slot.
Edit: yes recon is also trash probably about equally bad (definitely when talking about solo queue).

Edited on by Jazzer94

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Iggly

@Jazzer94 It only takes one death to get the benefits of Comeback, but I get what you're saying. Though I personally just like using the ability especially in Random Ranked since if your teammates won't back you up when you're on the Tower or have the Rainmaker, you'll at least have the benefits of getting stat boosts when you respawn.

veeflames

Well, I just blend with the ability that comes with my gear while keeping in mind the diminishing returns effect and ability probabilities. Although I have grown find of the Bomb Sniffer, Inksaver and Power Up abilities. Inksaver probably the most because I often find myself running out of ink in the midst of a gunfire...

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

@EdJericho: Don't give Nintendo ideas! My Link in Hyrule Warriors is nowhere near level 250 (max level) and that came from level cap increases every update (there'll probably be more level cap increases once Legends comes out).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Nicolai

EdJericho wrote:

Blue_Blur wrote:

Thanks to everyone who congratulated me on reaching level 50! I've been wanting that hat for a long time; I think my Inkling will always wear it for now on! Now I need to focus on getting the abilities I want on the gear I want... which is gonna take a while, especially since the shirt I want my Inkling to wear is made by Forge, which is 5X more likely to get Special Duration Up... I have the Inkstrike, so Special Duration Up is pointless to me. XD

And then on the final update Nintendo cranks up the Max Level to 100 with the special reward for reaching Level 100 being... playable Octolings.

On top of that is also including an outfit gear of Kozue Tanabe to go along with Ika Musume's outfit.

Untitled

It would be amazing if, in addition to that, they released a few free chapters of single-player as an epilogue, explaining how Octolings ink-vaded (sorry) Inkopolis, and how they made peace and got invited for friendly Turf War. It would be nice to play a single-player stage that's challenging. We can dream, can't we?

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Jazzer94

@Iggly: Think about it another way do I want a short burst of an advantage then potentially be at a disadvantage for unknown stretches of time or do I want to have a consistent chance. I know which one I'd choose out of the two.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Jazzer94

@Iggly: Think about it another way do I want a short burst of an advantage then potentially be at a disadvantage for unknown stretches of time or do I want to have a consistent chance. I know which one I'd choose out of the two.

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

Iggly

@Jazzer94 Personally I wouldn't use two Movement Speed Ups alone since I know I wouldn't benefit it from much as 1 is enough, having both movement and swim speed up at the start of each time I respawn without needing to use 2 main slots is all I really need tbh since that's when I use those 2 abilities the most.

Jazzer94

@Iggly: Wasn't really saying run 2 main swim ups though, if I was making a set for Jr it would be Swim up, cold blooded and probably ink resist for mains with either some attack up, ink recovery up, or swim/ run up as sub's trying to get 4 of at least one stacked as 4 sub's = 1 main.
Also Squad anyone?

My YouTube
The Jazzloggery

DreamyViridi

Jazzer94 wrote:

yes recon is also trash probably about equally bad (definitely when talking about solo queue).

Speaking of Recon, I visited a friend of mine for another gaming session the other day and we talked about how that ability could be better. I suggested that Recon's effect would work for the whole team instead of just yourself. Essentially, an Echolocator effect (without the circles surrounding the enemy) while standing on the point.
That way, an Inkling could act as a scout. They'd reveal the other teams' positions, at the cost of not being able to fight alongside teammates. That said, the ability would potentially change from useless to OP/broken... but we agreed that it'd be cool if it worked something like that.

Edited on by DreamyViridi

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Mario Maker Levels

Switch Friend Code: SW-6593-3528-8788 | 3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

Blue_Blur

DreamyViridi wrote:

Jazzer94 wrote:

yes recon is also trash probably about equally bad (definitely when talking about solo queue).

Speaking of Recon, I visited a friend of mine for another gaming session the other day and we talked about how that ability could be better. I suggested that Recon's effect would work for the whole team instead of just yourself. Essentially, an Echolocator effect (without the circles surrounding the enemy) while standing on the point.
That way, an Inkling could act as a scout. They'd reveal the other teams' positions, at the cost of not being able to fight alongside teammates. That said, the ability would potentially change from useless to OP/broken... but we agreed that it'd be cool if it worked something like that.

It would be broken that way, but at least it would make the Inkling who stopped playing mid-match do something useful! XD

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic