Posts 11,041 to 11,060 of 14,636

wisdomsprince

Can i join up? Nnid :wisdomsprince

Follow me on twitch (wisdomsprince) fully 60FPS 1080P Nintendo goodness

Twitter:

LzWinky

Alrighty then. Time to play smash with Cloud

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Nicolai

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Splatoon has definitely been a really odd journey for me:

• Hype until release date (June 2014 - May 2015)
  • Amiibo truck theft happened (May 2015)
  • Feeling as though the game was very limited, lack of amiibo didn't help (June 2015 - August 2015)
  • Felt as though the game had enough content but stage rotation made the experience still repetitive (August 2015 - November 2015)
  • Amiibo restock (November 2015)
  • Really enjoying the game (November 2015 - Current)

I think this more accurately describes my Splatoon journey:
Untitled

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

LzWinky

Untitled

Mine involved a lot of ink

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

TheXReturns

Mine was just luck. And Rainmaker. Term's over, so I'll be back to haunting this chat, ready to leap in and squad up.

...Hopefully

A puzzle solved is its own reward.

My Nintendo: TheXReturns | Nintendo Network ID: TheXReturns

Spoony_Tech

In about an hour I have a 3 hour block I can play so if anyone's interested let me know!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shani

The initial enthusiasm may have declined a bit and right now I'm playing more XCX than Splatoon, but this game is still dear to my heart. There was just so much love put into this game, it's full of positive energy, I don't know how to describe it more accurately. Last week when I was in the middle of playing XCX with a friend and there was a server maintenance for Xenoblade, we decided to end our session with a few games of Splatoon since he hadn't tried out the Museum and Mahi Mahi yet. It was so much fun and he loved both new maps just as I do! The game still felt fresh and was just tons of fun. There may be tiny wear marks after 300 hours but I still can pick up this game anytime and have fun with it. That's a really remarkable achievement considering that I get bored by most games (even the best ones) after some while and need some breaks before I return to them and continue till the end. There may have been days in a row where I played too much Splatoon but never was I fed up by it in general.

I can't wait for the two new maps.

And regarding the discussion about Tur wear matchmaking we had some pages ago (I think with @Jazzer94 ?), Nintendo seems to have reacted on that with this change in version 2.4.0:

In Regular Battle and Splatfest, players of similar skill will be matched more often.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

MasterWario

No one says you have to be playing this game constantly to have enthusiasm for it. I mean, I still adore Super Mario Sunshine but I can only play it every few years or so, and the story lasts like what, 10 hours? Hmmm...now that I think about it, I really have no idea how long Sunshine takes...

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Blue_Blur

MasterWario wrote:

No one says you have to be playing this game constantly to have enthusiasm for it. I mean, I still adore Super Mario Sunshine but I can only play it every few years or so, and the story lasts like what, 10 hours? Hmmm...now that I think about it, I really have no idea how long Sunshine takes...

Kinda funny story: I played Sunshine a few weeks back while I was really into Splatoon. (I use the gyro controls for Splatoon) Once I got F.L.U.D.D. from the airstrip, I wanted to use him, of course. So I held down the R button, and mindlessly started moving the gamecube controller around to try and move the way F.L.U.D.D. was shooting! XD Obviously didn't work, but it took me a minute to realize that I had to use analog controls! I just couldn't get the hang of the analog controls, and haven't played the game since. I went back to Splatoon! lol XD

I hope I'll eventually be able to play Sunshine again... it's my favorite Mario game!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

shani

@Blue_Blur: Haha, I can relate to that. I had an even stranger experience when I started playing XCX. I instinctively wanted to move the camera perspective with the Gamepad's motion controls, even my friend DaGreen who also had just started the game said that he wanted to do the same. It took me a few seconds to realize that this was not possible. And I don't understand why.
Splatoon definitely changes how you see/play other games, even for him although he hasn't nearly played Splatoon as much as I have.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

MasterWario

@Blue_Blur: ha ha ha! I had the same experience going back to Pikmin 2 from Pikmin 3. I was finally able to play Pikmin 2 again after not playing Pikmin 3 for like 6 months........
Well hopefully you don't have to wait 6 months of no Splatoon to get back to Sunshine!

Going off that @shani it seems like that's how it is if you switch really quickly from a game you play all the time to a game you haven't touched in a while (or at all) with a whole different control scheme. I haven't tried going back to Pikmin 3 yet but I've gone back-and-forth between others, and I think once you re-master ye old controls you can switch between them flawlessly.

At least as long as don't keep away from both control schemes for too long.

Edited on by MasterWario

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My Pushmo Levels

jariw

shani wrote:

And regarding the discussion about Tur wear matchmaking we had some pages ago (I think with @Jazzer94 ?), Nintendo seems to have reacted on that with this change in version 2.4.0:

In Regular Battle and Splatfest, players of similar skill will be matched more often.

Based on what I have played today, I think it's currently the opposite. I was teamed up with a level 4 (which IIRC hasn't happened outside Splatfest matches for months), with level 50 players in the other team. None of the match results played during the past hour has been even. Perhaps it takes some time for the new play/skill style statistics to get collected.

jariw

shani

@MasterWario: es Yes that's exactly my experience too, although it never took me long to get back into it. It's just the brain having to retrieve the movement information after playing another game for a long time.
@jariw: Ah okay, I haven't played it yet since the update, hopefully it's just taking some time to adjust.

yokokazuo

I know everyone says that Europe gets bad splatfest themes, but... Uh...

I guess it's a rematch for Red Fox and Green Tanuki noodles?

Tanuki better win this time...

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Iggly

@yokokazuo I guess even Splatoon Japan is running out of good Splatfest ideas. I'm pretty surprised they didn't just take one of the Splatfest themes from America or Europe.

I'm not lazy! ...I'm just very forgetful. :|

3DS Friend Code: 1177-9364-2530 | Nintendo Network ID: MerchantAnna | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Also for those wondering, the first time this splatfest was held, Red Fox won with a popularity of 67% and a win rate of 47% while Green Tanuki lost with a popularity rate of 33% and a win rate of 53% under the original point system which would give Red Fox 161 points and Green Tanuki 139.
Under the current point system Green Tanuki would have barely pulled off a win with 351 points to 349.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

LzWinky

Who's ready to splat some Nice Inklings tonight?

MasterWario

Geez if they're that out of ideas just do like, apples vs oranges, river vs. lake, rocks vs. trees. Anything but a rehash, dang...

My Pushmo Levels

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic