Forums

Topic: Sonic Reboot 2013 or 2014 Plus Discussions

Posts 1 to 20 of 25

_Octoling_

http://gematsu.com/2012/04/rumor-sonic-reboot-going-open-worl...
I personally would love for this to happen. Sonic needs some fresh air and SEGA needs some money help. I would buy this, which would most likely be for the Wii U and Xbox 720 (which I think will debut next Sep-November.) Plus, they could scrap every character except for Sonic and Dr. Robotnik, hopefully. I hate the guts out of Tails, Amy, Big, and all the other guys in Sonic. Except Shadow, Knukles, and Froggy.
What do you guys think?

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

_Octoling_

All Sonic characters except for Sonic, Eggman, and the ones I mentioned above are extremely shallow, annoying, or utterly creepy to me.
I would like for them to tone down the speed. There could be a speed meter, where you can dash for a certain time before it runs out, and through out the game, you could buy upgrades to make it longer. Also, it could be replenished by items you could keep in an inventory. Four different playables would be swell, too: Sonic, Knuckles, Shadow, and a new female protagonist. Man, so many possiblities...The GamePad would make a great inventory and map, plus it could also be used to interact with the environment. Blowing up enemies, anyone? How about dragging a boulder into the sky for a platform? Tilting the GamePad when sonic is on a boat to reach the other side of a river? The latter would make a good extra mode, with a new character (a shopkepper) hosting it. "Water Race Mode".

3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

_Octoling_

On the topic of speed, the dash could be used for going over lava, walking on water, or deating a very armored enemy or boss.
Darn, sorry for tripple post...getting over excited.

3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

FireMario887

NintenKingiiU wrote:

On the topic of speed, the dash could be used for going over lava, walking on water, or deating a very armored enemy or boss.
Darn, sorry for tripple post...getting over excited.

I too like to comment often, even up to 5 comments for one topic!
Anyway, the wii seems to be a better console for Sonic games that the recent Xbox 360 and PS3 games. I would also like to see what Sega would do with Wii U gamepad's capabilities. Maybe touching and swiping the touch screen to do mid-air tricks. Or maybe touching rings to pull them toward you. Another possibility is tilting the gamepad to drift through curves. You are right @NintenKingiiU, there is endless possibilities!

FireMario887

Reala

Why is it every release of Sonic is a reboot :/ anyway with the more recent efforts like generations and colours I look forward to more Sonic, also I quite like Tails and Amy personally.

Reala

irken004

We just started getting great Sonic games that's enough of a reboot as it is.

CrazyOtto

That rumor was confirmed false a while ago. They're not going to reboot the series and get rid of the other characters, especially with Sonic Racing Transformed having Knuckles, Amy, and Shadow playable.

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

Knux

Old false rumor is old and false. Useless topic is useless.

Knux

Gamesake

Sonic Adventure 3 will be open world. Also more Big the Cat and fishing.

...in my pants.

kyuubikid213

Sonic '06 remake?

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

_Octoling_

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Sonic '06 remake?

God no

3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

Happy_Mask

Alert the press, somebody hates sonic 06 and big the cat! .
But eggman is the best part (in my opinion) of the new games, though I liked dreamcast eggman as a villain better.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Auracle

I wouldn't want SEGA to scrap any of the characters, really. It could work on fleshing them out, though. More characters means more ways to play. Also, it would probably get old if it was nothing but Sonic and Eggman all the time. The other members of the cast could help keep things interesting (if used correctly).

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

shingi_70

Just use colors/generations as a template.

Wonder what consoles it will be on?

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ShaneM

This old rumour was from TSSZ News, and TSSZ News is usually best left ignored. They're pretty much a tabloid of Sonic news and they make stuff up like this all the time to get hits.

pixelstream.org

GuardianKing

They should just make a sort of Adventure 3 esque "finale," where Sonic supposedly dies sort of Megaman Zero 4 style, where his fate would be left pretty open-ended.

If they' re to reboot Sonic, then slow him down a little on the field. Seriously, modern Sonic is a freaking pain to control because he accelerates so fast in so little time. I know Generations had a 3D classic Sonic engine, where Classic sonic moves in 3D. To me, even if you can only access it through glitch, that worked well because Sonic was a little slower, thus easier to control.

If they are going to keep all those characters in there, here's a hint: DEVELOP THEM. All these years, and we still don't have a clear reason why Tails follows Sonic...

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Happy_Mask

Sonic already died once, and nobody liked that game. I think we should make shadow the main character, give him a gun, and make him ride motorcycles! And then it turns out he's actually part alien! Yeah!

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

TysonOfTime

Next Sonic reboot:
Big the Cat.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.