Forums

Topic: So what's in the works for 2016?

Posts 21 to 40 of 63

Justlink

[quote=Jordie]

Jordie wrote:

unrandomsam wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Pretty sure Zelda U's gonna be delayed, they always do that. That said, same probably goes for Star Fox U. (Or if they do come out, it'll only be Japan around Nov./Dec. and the rest of the world will have to wait for half a year.) I'm holding out for another, hopefully original 3D Mario title. They went big last time, maybe they'll go nano this time? If CTTT is any good they'll soon make a second installment, same engine, new puzzles, some things to shake up the formula. Are we even sure SMT X FE is still coming? Also, shovelware, lots and lots of shovelware - not that I'm hoping for that! - but maybe even the good kind, like Shovelknight 2: Shovel in Space?

Smash U didn't get delayed

It was delayed to coincide with Amiibo. It was basically ready at E3.

Funny, cause I remember reading an interview where Sakurai says the games was being worked on up to two weeks before it was released and when they announced the release date it was Winter 2014, not Fall 2014. So, wasn't it released earlier?

Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.

LzWinky

My problem with that XSeed statement is that it's relative. So what if it was XSeed's best game. XSeed mostly makes super niche games that probably never break 500,000 sales. And it wasn't very well received in Japan anyway

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

fathobbit

Would be nice with a new game thats similar to Rare`s classics like B&K and DK64. Minecraft would also be nice, or even better, Nintendo makes their own version of "minecraft".

Edited on by fathobbit

fathobbit

NintendoFan990

Star Fox (I think it'll get delayed)
A new Paper Mario for Wii U
A new 3D Mario for Wii U
New Metroid for Wii U and 3DS
A Mario sports title
Something Zelda-related (not Zelda U, I don't think that'll be delayed).
X and Y 2
Pokken Tournament

I am a human.

cameronbelmont

Delaying Zelda Wii U past next Christmas would be devastating to me. I don't play many games outside of Christmas time. The games I get define my Christmas in many ways. I hope that is not the case.

Am I the only one who has a blast with Wave Race?

Currently Playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition

Rezalack

Gamecubed wrote:

Hopefully Metroid Wii U to celebrate the 30th anniversary.

@Gamecubed - I like the way you think. Sounds reasonable.

Also.. I wouldn't be too surprised if we had another Pikmin game in 2016.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

iKhan

WaLzgi wrote:

My problem with that XSeed statement is that it's relative. So what if it was XSeed's best game. XSeed mostly makes super niche games that probably never break 500,000 sales. And it wasn't very well received in Japan anyway

As far as I'm aware, it broke 500K. http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=The+Last+Story

I know VGChartz isn't 100% accurate, but with old numbers, I have found them to be accurate most of the time.

Anyway, the thing of note about the XSeed statement is that Nintendo didn't think the game would sell well enough to justify publishing it themselves, that's why they gave it to XSeed in the first place. With such dramatic sales, Nintendo is more likely to consider bringing a sequel.

And as much as I will fault Nintendo for being too "Japan Heavy". I have to give them credit to taking into account demand in the west for games and ideas.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Taceus

cameronbelmont wrote:

Am I the only one who has a blast with Wave Race?

You are not alone.

OT: Games, maybe games.

'I used to be with 'it', then they changed what 'it' was. Now what I'm with isn't 'it', and what's 'it' is weird and scary to me. It'll happen to you too.' - Abe Simpson

Switch Friend Code: SW-8282-1096-1431 | 3DS Friend Code: 3909-7678-9918 | My Nintendo: Taceus | Nintendo Network ID: Taceus

Blast

Animal Crossing U, Mario Strikers HD, Mega Man Wii U, Pokken Fighters, Metroid, Diddy Kong Racing, the next big Mario game....

I still believe Shim Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem, Zelda U, and Starfox U is still releasing 2015. E3 2015 will prove it

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

iKhan

Dipper723 wrote:

My predictions

SMT x Fire Emblem
Paper Mario U
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Metroid U
A Sonic game
Kirby platformer

Wishful Thinking
Mario Maker: N64 edition
New Retro IP
More GameCube HD ports (Sunshine, Twilight Princess)

I don't think a Kirby Platformer is likely, mostly because HAL has made a Kirby game 2 years in a row. They have also consistently mentioned an interest in making a 3D Kirby game. To me, that tells me that it will take more than a year for the next main series Kirby game to come.

I don't think a new Retro IP is too unlikely. Nintendo has been really pushing new ideas and new IPs right now, and they likely recognize their weakness in western development, so I could see Retro working on their own IP.

I also think HD Gamecube remakes are likely, just not the ones you mentioned. Sunshine's gameplay would have to be altered, as it was built around the GCN's unique triggers. The purpose of a remake is to make a quick buck and and introduce an old game to a new demographic. Requiring the GCN adapter for that works against that goal. A Zelda remake is something I would expect Nintendo to do either to hold Zelda fans for a little longer, or to promote an upcoming game (which is the case with most recent remakes). The year immediately after Zelda U launches doesn't make a lot of sense to remake TP.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

NintendoFan64

Stuff that's announced at E3 (Obiously)
Mario (Without a doubt)
Zelda U (I think it's gonna get delayed)
SMT X FE (Since we haven't heard from it in a while, I don't think it's coming out next year.)
...Mother 3 gets localized (YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE US, REGGIE!)
I don't really know because it's still 2014. We'll just wait and see.

There is nothing here...except for the stuff I just typed...

3DS Friend Code: 5284-1716-7555 | Nintendo Network ID: michaelmcepic

Bolt_Strike

We need Metroid badly. Besides that, I'm thinking a collectathon Mario game is in order.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

ZurrrrBlattTron

after Pokkén I think Pokemon should take a break till 2016. I really want to see Pokemon X and Y 2 happen, with a battle frontier and and actual post game, just put that into the game and Kalos would be the best Region everrtrrrr
Star Fox U
Metroid U, Stilll have no idea why we're like what 2 years in the Wii U's life span AND STILL NO METROID BEYOND A CONFIRMATION THAT "Oh well we're working on ideas!"
F-zero (giggles)
Maybeeeeee by 2016 Sakurai might want to start a new project? Duck Hunt Reloaded anybody?
Mario Strikers pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

ZurrrrBlattTron

Twitter:

Jacob717

iKhan wrote:

Dipper723 wrote:

My predictions

SMT x Fire Emblem
Paper Mario U
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Metroid U
A Sonic game
Kirby platformer

Wishful Thinking
Mario Maker: N64 edition
New Retro IP
More GameCube HD ports (Sunshine, Twilight Princess)

I don't think a Kirby Platformer is likely, mostly because HAL has made a Kirby game 2 years in a row. They have also consistently mentioned an interest in making a 3D Kirby game. To me, that tells me that it will take more than a year for the next main series Kirby game to come.

I don't think a new Retro IP is too unlikely. Nintendo has been really pushing new ideas and new IPs right now, and they likely recognize their weakness in western development, so I could see Retro working on their own IP.

I also think HD Gamecube remakes are likely, just not the ones you mentioned. Sunshine's gameplay would have to be altered, as it was built around the GCN's unique triggers. The purpose of a remake is to make a quick buck and and introduce an old game to a new demographic. Requiring the GCN adapter for that works against that goal. A Zelda remake is something I would expect Nintendo to do either to hold Zelda fans for a little longer, or to promote an upcoming game (which is the case with most recent remakes). The year immediately after Zelda U launches doesn't make a lot of sense to remake TP.

Yeah, remaking TP in HD wouldn't make sense, I just wrote 2 GCN games that came to my head. And I would also love a 3D (not 2.5D) Kirby game. But I think they could still have enough time to get one out by 2016. Rainbow Curse will release in January in Japan, which gives them about 23 months to get one out before 2016 ends.

Jacob717

the1andonlyIKY

I'm just gonna bring up some ideas..realistic or not.

• a new Hydro Thunder game. I know it's an arcade thing. It was also on the N64, and I had a blast when we played it at a family friend's house. I dunno who it was made by, but it would be awesome in HD. Not to mention it could have online, as well as other new or updated features.
  • a new Pokémon Snap game. It's been brought up on occasion, but the Wii U GamePad is the perfect camera for the game. Of course it would be a beautiful game, and I'm sure could be even more immersive. Could be on or off rails.
  • Waluigi should get his own featured game by this point.
  • a 3D Yoshi's Island, or just an overall 3D Yoshi adventure.
  • a 3D open-world Pokémon game. They could make it one region at a time, with the ability to be one huge connected world when you own all the regions. Maybe could call it a passport system. Don't have the Johto passport? Then you can't "go there". Reality is you haven't bought that region. If done this way, however, it would probably have to be a download exclusive. Maybe they could partner with another company to bundle it with an external hard drive, or just make their own to market it with. I know a lot of average people would never think to even get an external hard drive because they don't know. They aren't savvy people who read these things on the interwebs like us.
  • an amiibo game, if not done sooner. Already came up with the concept: https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/amiibo/create_with_amiibo_concept
  • by this point they very well could be up to a Game Boy Remix or GBA Remix
  • Nintendo Land sequel or successor
  • a Nintendo themed LEGO game. I mean like blending universes.
  • a Wii U Mario Golf game, or expand it to Nintendo Golf, using what they did with Golf in Wii Sports Club.

Edited on by the1andonlyIKY

the1andonlyIKY

Edie

Untitled

One can but hope...

Edited on by Edie

Edie

CaviarMeths

Definitely

• SMT x FE
  • Mario

Probably

• Metroid
  • Japanese 3rd parties

Hopefully

• F-Zero
  • Kid Icarus

No

• Western 3rd parties

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Octane

Mario is more than likely, Pikmin 4 wouldn't be a surprise either. Metroid and Animal Crossing are likely as well.

Octane

SkywardLink98

Not a lot has been confirmed, but the yearly pokemon game and a mario title are givens with Nintendo.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Samurai_Goroh

Mario Tennis, Paper Mario, Mario 3D platformer, Animal Crossing, Metroid, Pokkén Tournament and hopefully a new F-Zero or Excite game.

Samurai_Goroh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.