Forums

Topic: So what's in the works for 2016?

Posts 1 to 20 of 63

cameronbelmont

With 2015 set to be a good year for the Wii U and Nintendo Gamers, do we have any hints for 2016? Assuming Yoshi, Star Fox, Zelda, X, and Devil's Third are all 2015 releases, what should we expect for 2016?

What do you hope for?

I hope we see a Metroid installment, Wave Race, another Cruis's USA (not likely), and would love a Mega Man.

Currently Playing: Dragon Age: Inquisition

iKhan

SMT X FE

lol

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Punished_Boss_84

We err haven't even finished 2014 yet, let alone 2015!

But I'll play along:
Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (there's not even a release year)
One of 2015 titles are going to be delayed so it's either Zelda U or Star Fox U (the latter of which is highly likely, considering).
Another Mario Title.

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

LzWinky

Games and stuff

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Jordie

Pretty sure Zelda U's gonna be delayed, they always do that. That said, same probably goes for Star Fox U. (Or if they do come out, it'll only be Japan around Nov./Dec. and the rest of the world will have to wait for half a year.) I'm holding out for another, hopefully original 3D Mario title. They went big last time, maybe they'll go nano this time? If CTTT is any good they'll soon make a second installment, same engine, new puzzles, some things to shake up the formula. Are we even sure SMT X FE is still coming? Also, shovelware, lots and lots of shovelware - not that I'm hoping for that! - but maybe even the good kind, like Shovelknight 2: Shovel in Space?

3DS FC: 2964 - 9993 - 9139
NNID: muchlyJord
in-game character name: Kurai

Gamecubed

Hopefully Metroid Wii U to celebrate the 30th anniversary.

Gamecubed

Knux

A lot of games.

Knux

LzWinky

Jordie wrote:

Pretty sure Zelda U's gonna be delayed, they always do that. That said, same probably goes for Star Fox U. (Or if they do come out, it'll only be Japan around Nov./Dec. and the rest of the world will have to wait for half a year.) I'm holding out for another, hopefully original 3D Mario title. They went big last time, maybe they'll go nano this time? If CTTT is any good they'll soon make a second installment, same engine, new puzzles, some things to shake up the formula. Are we even sure SMT X FE is still coming? Also, shovelware, lots and lots of shovelware - not that I'm hoping for that! - but maybe even the good kind, like Shovelknight 2: Shovel in Space?

Smash U didn't get delayed

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RedDevilAde

Paper Mario U, still want to see it

Rimmer: "Look, I think we've all got something to bring to this conversation, but I think that from now on the thing you should bring is silence."

Homer: "Oh people can come up with statistics to prove anything Kent. Forfty percent of all people know that."

Nintendo Network ID: RedDevilAde

iKhan

In all seriousness:

-A 3D Mario game
-SMT X FE
-Pokken Tournament
-The Last Story 2
-A New Metroid game
-Mario Football (like American football) made by Next Level Games

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

jariw

The rumor about Kiddy Kong Racing 2 sounds very believable to me, but I don't see how they can release it in 2015 with the MK8 DLC2 arriving in May 2015. Perhaps that's a title that will be announced at E3 for release in 2016?

RedDevilAde wrote:

Paper Mario U, still want to see it

Makes sense. Now with the HD graphics, they can make a Paper Mario where it looks like actual paper.

Edited on by jariw

jariw

LzWinky

iKhan wrote:

In all seriousness:

-A 3D Mario game
-SMT X FE
-Pokken Tournament
-The Last Story 2
-A New Metroid game

I somehow doubt this

unrandomsam

WaLzgi wrote:

Jordie wrote:

It was delayed to coincide with Amiibo. It was basically ready at E3.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Jordie

unrandomsam wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Jordie wrote:

It was delayed to coincide with Amiibo. It was basically ready at E3.

I was actually talking about Zelda games...? It's not like they delay them for fun, they probably do work on them until the end, but in the past they've been delaying Zelda a lot. Not that that was bad IMO, just frustrating. But if it's a better game in the end, no complaints.

3DS FC: 2964 - 9993 - 9139
NNID: muchlyJord
in-game character name: Kurai

Bread-Not-Toast

I'm gonna gather there will be a Mario game.

PSN- Crossword-Man
3DS Friend Code- 3067-6402-2163
Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeKk-kKUlvYeZSW2XbVrsqQ
Latest Review: Star Wars Battlefront Beta
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

scottp999

I hope for a Wii U based Metroid game.

scottp999

Jacob717

Jordie wrote:

Skyward Sword was the only Zelda game that was truley delayed. Twilight Princess was finished in 2005, but was only delayed, because they wanted it to be a launch title for the Wii. All the other Zelda games were never delayed.

EDIT: Also, the game in development since 2011, and they almost showed the game off in 2013, so I think they're far enough in to not delay it.

Edited on by Jacob717

Jacob717

Jacob717

My predictions

SMT x Fire Emblem
Paper Mario U
Super Mario Galaxy 3
Metroid U
A Sonic game
Kirby platformer

Wishful Thinking
Mario Maker: N64 edition
New Retro IP
More GameCube HD ports (Sunshine, Twilight Princess)

Jacob717

iKhan

WaLzgi wrote:

iKhan wrote:

In all seriousness:

-A 3D Mario game
-SMT X FE
-Pokken Tournament
-The Last Story 2
-A New Metroid game

I somehow doubt this

Okay, after I posted this, I realized Next Level is a Canadian company, so they are obviously not going to make an American football game. I guess I'll revise that to...gulp...a Hockey Game (I absolutely detest Next Level's NHL Hitz Pro. I'm positive that they are working on a sports game. Nintendo would be stupid not to right now.

But I don't see what else is unlikely. TLS was one of XSEED's most successful games, and got a ton of publicity. I have a hard time believing Nintendo wouldn't want to cash in on that again. The only Rainfall game that I don't think will get a followup is Pandora's Tower, much to my dismay, as I adore that game.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.