Forums

Topic: So i'm watching Sony's E3...

Posts 121 to 140 of 164

Oragami

AlexSays wrote:

What do you think

Pointing at star bits and waggling the controller didn't make Galaxy a radically different game than other Mario games. If you enjoyed pointing at star bits that much, awesome. I'm glad you enjoy the little things in life

Super Mario 64: An extremely open platformer with very few limitations in terms of what levels can be selected when or what stars can be collected within that stage when. A great focus on exploration.

Super Mario Sunshine: A more linear, but still somewhat open, platformer with a focus on F.L.U.D.D., the water backpack that is used to help with platforming.

Super Mario Galaxy: A quite linear, but with slight exploration, platformer that focuses on gravity mechanics, a concept explored by very few games.

Super Mario 3D World: I have not played this yet, but to me it looks like a very linear platformer with a great emphasis on platforming unlike any 3D Mario before it (except 3D Land).

There you have it. And also, collecting star bits is a very, very minor part of Super Mario Galaxy.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

AlexSays

rallydefault wrote:

Don't feed @AlexSays, he/she is just an upset person looking for an outlet.

lmao

What am I upset about

AlexSays

AlexSays

Oragami wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

What do you think

Pointing at star bits and waggling the controller didn't make Galaxy a radically different game than other Mario games. If you enjoyed pointing at star bits that much, awesome. I'm glad you enjoy the little things in life

Super Mario 64: An extremely open platformer with very few limitations in terms of what levels can be selected when or what stars can be collected within that stage when. A great focus on exploration.

Super Mario Sunshine: A more linear, but still somewhat open, platformer with a focus on F.L.U.D.D., the water backpack that is used to help with platforming.

Super Mario Galaxy: A quite linear, but with slight exploration, platformer that focuses on gravity mechanics, a concept explored by very few games.

Super Mario 3D World: I have not played this yet, but to me it looks like a very linear platformer with a great emphasis on platforming unlike any 3D Mario before it (except 3D Land).

There you have it. And also, collecting star bits is a very, very minor part of Super Mario Galaxy.

I've been talking about control schemes this entire time

Why do you think I mentioned third parties utilizing Nintendo control schemes

AlexSays

AlexSays

You're actually reinforcing my point that control schemes matter very little and games can be changed regardless of how they are controlled

Thank you for supporting my point

AlexSays

faint

e3 has become a big wang fest just like this thread. i see why ninty is distancing themselves from the live show.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

Oragami

AlexSays wrote:

Nintendo fans talking about games being too similar... lmao

Yeah waggle controls and a second screen really fundamentally changed Mario games

You said games, not controls. And, on that note, 64 and Galaxy do have quite similar controls, but the anti-gravity makes the gameplay entirely different. And Super Mario Sunshine has controls unlike any other game in the series. It is radically different.

And you weren't defending Sony, you were hating on Nintendo.

New PS4 owner
Yeah, guitars are cool.

My musical project Comet Tail made a couple of recordings.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0zUoWWO1v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2evBddvrm2U

AlexSays

Every other part of that back to back post referred to control schemes

Not hard to infer I'm talking about how control schemes don't radically change games

Thank you again for reinforcing my original post with your beautiful analysis of the Mario games

AlexSays

AlexSays

Also anything I say in support of a company other than Nintendo is considered 'hating on Nintendo'

That's how this site works, blindly follow Nintendo or you're an angry hater

AlexSays

dumedum

SCAR392 wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

I have no clue what that Grim Fandango is

You must go and find out. Go! It will be an education.

This is why they should have showed gameplay footage.

Well, it's an adventure game, you know, Monkey Island, DOTT. If you don't know what it is, you probably won't like it. Gameplay is not important.
Think TellTales. I'm happy it will go multiplatform, because I want it on the Wii U, and if I buy another console, it will probably be Xbox One mostly because of the Platnium Games exclusive, so it will be on either of them.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

AlexSays

Aren't people growing tired of pretty much playing the same sh** and using the same controller that's been regurgitated since 1997 with tiny little alterations each generation?

Exact quote I was referring to so I don't have more people explaining the platforming difference between galaxy and sunshine

AlexSays

faint

AlexSays wrote:

Also anything I say in support of a company other than Nintendo is considered 'hating on Nintendo'

hmmmm i don't see that on this site actually. far less then anywhere else anyway. take a trip to ign or vgchartz and see how fanboys treat you over there

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

CaviarMeths

rallydefault wrote:

Although the more I look at it, it seems Now is just a rental program ... does anybody know more about that?

That's basically what it is, yes. For a fee, you stream PS3 games to your PS4. It will likely require a very good internet connection and no bandwidth caps, so its viability outside of America isn't extraordinary.

But on the upside, PS+ and PS Now may be a great way for new Sony customers to enter their ecosystem. Those two subscriptions would give you access to a lot of content. As someone who has owned every Sony gaming device to date except PS4, PS Now isn't that interesting to me, but it may be more appropriate for you.

It's also coming to PS3, Vita, Sony Smart TVs, and I assume any other smart devices. Not sure about other brands, but that's also likely. Sony's market share in smart TVs sucks, so why they would only make the service available on their brand of products isn't immediately apparent to me. So if PS Now is what you're after, you may already have a device that can use the service.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

DualWielding

@CaviarMeths one of my biggest disappointments was not talk of PSOne/2 local emulation

PSN: Fertheseeker

dumedum

MAB wrote:

@WaveBoy Yeah, like how I'm playing How 2 Survive right now using its awesome Gamepad integration while you lot ramble on about controllers

Is it like ZombiU? I wonder if we'll ever get Wii U reviews for this, totally forgot about it.

Retro_on_theGo

faint wrote:

AlexSays wrote:

hmmmm i don't see that on this site actually. far less then anywhere else anyway. take a trip to ign or vgchartz and see how fanboys treat you over there

Oh it's here buddy. It's here.

jariw

AlexSays wrote:

Why does defending Sony from the idiots on this site make me hate Nintendo?

Why do you feel you must defend Sony? Do you work there? I'm just a player of games, playing games on multiple platforms and I personally don't feel I need to defend any of the hardware or OS makers (I tend to defend the good games I've played, though). But if you object to people that don't own the platform they are discussing, I'd agree with you on that.

And when did you actually defend Sony in this thread? And if you did, how? Sorry in advance for for missing that post.

jariw

AlexSays

You're kidding, I even went back and quoted the post I was referring to

And yes, I'm CEO of Sony, and all other companies I defend on the internet when people say stupid things about them

AlexSays

dumedum

CaviarMeths wrote:

It's also coming to PS3, Vita, Sony Smart TVs, and I assume any other smart devices.

I have such a TV (I love playing non Sony consoles on a Sony TV). How exactly will I play these games? A controller will hook up with the TV?!

Chrono_Cross

AlexSays wrote:

And yes, I'm CEO of Sony, and all other companies I defend on the internet when people say stupid things about them

Hahaha! I knew it!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

rallydefault

So what do you guys think: I'd mainly be buying a PS3 for Uncharted, Last of Us, and maybe Kingdom Hearts/random other RPG stuff (Ni No Kuni comes to mind) ... would a better deal be just buying a PS3 for those games, or buying a PS4 and renting them through Now?

rallydefault

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.