Forums

Topic: So if a new Metroid is coming...

Posts 101 to 120 of 120

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

shingi_70 wrote:

But Halo isn't boring. I mean the AI and sandbox encounters are pretty much known for being completely different and that was a big hook of the series and innovation of the series at the time.

"at the time" indeed. Halo has been boring since 3. Though to be fair it's 5 Platinum games and 20 beloved indie titles compared to my incredible apathy to Killzone.

I'd disagree with that assumption.

I'd disagree with Halo but than I'm the type of guy who plays games for Narrative and I don't mind ensuring Gameplay for a good story (Ie The Walking Dead/The Wolf Among US.)

I think if Sony wanted a AAA FPS in their stable they should have kept going with resistance instead of Killzone.

Edited on by shingi_70

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

GotWiiD

i played alot of killzone 2 and 3 on the ps3, also the one on the vita and they were all great, the controls on killzone 2 were abit stiff but thats about it, the objective based multiplayer modes are always fun imo.

as for resistance over killzone, i dont really know, its not a bad game and resistance 2 did have 60 player online, altho the graphics did suffer quite abit over it, that being said i think killzone is abit more solid of a game. loved the stories in both 2 and 3 and the multiplayer was great, altho i liked 3's abit more.

Wii U : GotWiiD

Geonjaha

My favourite Metroid game is Metroid Fusion. The style of Metroid game I'd like for the 3DS is clear. :3

Geonjaha

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

SCRAPPER392

@Warruz
Ya, I understand. I just think Metroid doesn't really need a "traditional" team death match. A Horde mode or something like that would be great, and co-op seems like it should be there.

It seems to me that a Metroid multiplayer online would be too similar to Halo. Hunters on the DS was basically Halo with touch FPS controls and the different hunters had their abilities, but I don't see how that would be consistent on a larger scale game that would be on a console. That's the main reason why I keep suggesting Starfox as the game we should be asking for. It's not up to me, obviously. I could be completely wrong about how Metroid would turn out with a good multiplayer mode.

We'll just have to see, but everyone seems to want some sort of online shooter from Nintendo, and I'm sure it will be either of these games(Starfox or Metroid).

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

GuSolarFlare

Sonicfan11589 wrote:

http://mynintendonews.com/2013/12/13/nintendo-renews-trademar... (Metroid Prime trademark RENEWED!!!)
YESSS!!!

What do u hope it is, a whole new game or a port?

As much as i want a new game, i also want an updated version of Metroid Prime: Hunters which i thought was difficult to play due to the controls.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

Rezalack

I'd like to believe that these trademark renewals really mean something, but it's hard too. I remember they renewed Eternal Darkness however many months ago and we never heard anything about it since.. but who knows, I suppose there's no harm in dreaming. I'll keep dreaming about a new Eternal Darkness or a HD release.

Edited on by Rezalack

Rezalack

Nintendo Network ID: Spuratis

DudeSean

Considering that "fans" can't stop requesting a new Metroid Prime or complaining about Other M and that Retro Studios has acquired staff from Vigil Games, Naughty Dog and id software, it seems like a safe bet that the Wii U is going to get a Metroid Prime 4 from Retro Studios. The trademark renewal may hint at that or could mean absolutely nothing.

@shingi_70 I'd rather just have a Nintendo Land 2 with a focus on online multiplayer. Or at least, have a category of games catered towards online multiplayer.

Edited on by DudeSean

DudeSean

Nintendo Network ID: DudeSean

audehtv

It makes me mad that Nintendo always relies on Mario to sell a system. THEY CAN'T! During the gamecube era they relied on him too much. To sell a system they need games other than just Mario. Metroid could've been that system seller. But it isn't because Nintendo never invested in the franchise. There is a reason why infamous is a system seller for the PS4 along with Killzone, Gran Turismo and Uncharted etc. because sony invested in their franchises while Nintendo doesn't. DK used to be a system seller during the SNES days but now it isn't anymore. Nintendo didn't continued to invest in it. During the N64 days, if it wasn't for Retro shooting out exclusives like Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, the N64 would've failed #SorryNotSorry

audehtv

Nintendo Network ID: audeh64R8 | Twitter:

CaviarMeths

audehtv wrote:

Metroid could've been that system seller. But it isn't because Nintendo never invested in the franchise.

If the four large productions of Metroid games released from 2002-2010 weren't good enough for you, I'm not sure what you really expect here. Between the Gamecube and Wii, there were four Metroid games and four Mario games. All eight of those games were major first party tentpoles.

And yes, Rare (not Retro) made a lot of killer apps for the N64. But so did Nintendo. Rare has 4 games in the top 20 best selling N64 games. Nintendo has 14.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

audehtv

@CaviarMeths sure but Nintendo has been guilty in not investing in their own franchises that have a lot of potential.

audehtv

JaxonH

audehtv wrote:

It makes me mad that Nintendo always relies on Mario to sell a system. THEY CAN'T! During the gamecube era they relied on him too much. To sell a system they need games other than just Mario. Metroid could've been that system seller. But it isn't because Nintendo never invested in the franchise.#SorryNotSorry

That's a common misconception that has only recently beome true for the 3DS and Wii U, and even then only as a launchpad to grow the initial install base. If you recall, the Gamecube did NOT market Mario left and right, in fact, my Gamecube bundle included Metroid Prime and a Metroid Prime 2 Bonus disc. Metroid was HEAVILY pushed during the Gamecube era. Nintendo wanted it to catch on like Halo. But it never did. The original Prime sold close to 2 million copies, but guess what, it's sequel sold less than a million. Now, if the franchise was so "demanded", why is it MP2 Echoes couldn't even break a million copies? It was a fantastic sequel to one of the most iconic games of the 6th generation. The fact remains that Metroid (with the exception of Echoes) has consistently sold between 1-2 million copies. That's it. People are making Metroid out to be something it's not. Even on the Wii and a magnificent 100 million console owners, Metroid Prime 3 sold right on par with the original. Which means that Metroid has a dedicated fan base of close to 2 million, but that's it. No one else is interested. Even Other M sold right on par with all the other entries. It ALWAYS sells the same, between 1 and 2 million. That's not going to cut it.

Do you think Nintendo WANTS to have to rely on Mario? Doubt it. They've tried everything else, but nothing else seems to sell their systems right now. Everyone says "oh this franchise would sell the console" but no, it wouldn't. It's been proven time and again. As much as people say Nintendo shouldn't use Mario to the extent they have been, it's the only franchise thus far with proven results. I don't blame them. It's not like they don't make a myriad of other games anyways. What do I care if Mario is plastered everywhere? As long as I'm getting games like Pikmin 3, Fire Emblem Awakening, DKC Tropical Freeze, Xenoblade (and the new X in developement), and Zelda Link Between Worlds, I'm happy.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

audehtv

Yeah its a shame Metroid never became the killer game it used to be in the SNES days.

audehtv

SCRAPPER392

@JaxonH
Exactly. It's apparent that no one cared about Metroid on GCN. Some people thought it was awesome, like me, but mostly everyone was playing PS2 to care about anything else.

I think it's funny when people say that Nintendo is ignoring Metroid, because those same people ignored it when Nintendo wasn't. Itls just ironic, so why should Nintendo really believe that everyone wants a new Metroid, when no one cared?

Qwest

kkslider5552000

SCAR392 wrote:

@JaxonH
Exactly. It's apparent that no one cared about Metroid on GCN. Some people thought it was awesome, like me, but mostly everyone was playing PS2 to care about anything else.

I think it's funny when people say that Nintendo is ignoring Metroid, because those same people ignored it when Nintendo wasn't. Itls just ironic, so why should Nintendo really believe that everyone wants a new Metroid, when no one cared?

this is the exact same thing happening with Pikmin 3 for the record

fanboys are terrible at putting their money where their mouth is

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

SCRAPPER392

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@JaxonH

Miyamoto really wanted to make that game, though. I think more personal reasons within Nintendo wanted that game to happen. I get what you're saying, though. The same thing happens to Sony IPs, too.

PS Battle Royal, Killzone, Resistance, etc. were al supposed to sell better than they did. The difference is that no one asks for Sony IPs as far as I'm aware, where as people actually ask for Nintendo games, then just don't buy some of them.

If we go back and read some of the comments from earler this year, there's probably like a majority of the users on here that don't even have a Wii U that said they would get one when Rayman, Mario, or W101 came out. Those games are out and those people aren't buying Wii U systems or games. They might even be the same people complaining about sales. I'm not gonna go back and seriously find out how things were and now, but it's true that people bring this stuff onto themselves.

Qwest

Jazzer94

SCAR392 wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

@JaxonH

Miyamoto really wanted to make that game, though. I think more personal reasons within Nintendo wanted that game to happen. I get what you're saying, though. The same thing happens to Sony IPs, too.

PS Battle Royal, Killzone, Resistance, etc. were al supposed to sell better than they did. The difference is that no one asks for Sony IPs as far as I'm aware, where as people actually ask for Nintendo games, then just don't buy some of them.

If we go back and read some of the comments from earler this year, there's probably like a majority of the users on here that don't even have a Wii U that said they would get one when Rayman, Mario, or W101 came out. Those games are out and those people aren't buying Wii U systems or games. They might even be the same people complaining about sales. I'm not gonna go back and seriously find out how things were and now, but it's true that people bring this stuff onto themselves.

Those are the type of people that want tech at the cheapest possible price and will just keep waiting for price cut after price cut just look at any IGN comment section for a Wii U related article around a quarter of comments are people saying I would buy a Wii U if it was $250/200, makes me sad that people can't appreciate something with such potential.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

SCRAPPER392

@Jazzer94
Exactly, those are probably the same idiots that said they'd buy it at $300 for the Deluxe Set. SMH...

It is LITTERALLY still worth the launch price of $350. People just don't understand what they're buying, I guess, so the only way they can justify buying one is if it's cheaper, but then they still don't understand, so they don't buy it.

Qwest

Chomposaur

Oh please have multi player like prime 2 echoes but online ...

Disclaimer: "All opinions are my own, please do not get offended by what i have to say"

Nintendo ID :JogurtTheYogurt FC :2294-4103-5306

Jazzer94

DefHalan wrote:

@SCAR392

For Starfox I would rather see something closer to Star Wars Battlefront or Battlefield. More grand scale and less arena battling. The different characters could translate to different classes but the biggest thing would be capturing the arcade feel in multiplayer, similar to Battlefront... but this is all opinion

Only just read this comment, 100% agree on a Battlefront style where you play as Cornerian Army and other fractions like Andross's army fragments etc.
Edit : But with space battles happening simultaneously as well as transition from ground to space via spaceship like Star Wars Battlefront: Elite Squadron but seamless transitions (no load time).

Edited on by Jazzer94

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.