Forums

Topic: So how much is U, and how much for an extra main controller??!

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

Nitendnut

I have noticed still no hint as to Wii U price!!! They also have eluded as to the price of that spiffy new wii controller? I am sure we will use our current wiimotes as additional controllers anyway. Oh yeah and no prices for Wii U games either. Very strange for a system supposedly ready for Christmas 2012 release??? Even more fishy GameStop is taking preorders for all Wii U games at $100 a pop! Talk about gouging the desperate. There's no way I'll pay more than $60 for a new game. Mysteriously though you can't preorder a Wii console yet from GameStop though :-> but you can get ripped off for "guaranteeing" Wii U games on release day

Nitendnut

Aviator

$2 and a dropbear.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Aviator

If you don't know what it is why did you laugh?

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

The_Fox

They're deadly serious business down under. I hear drop bears attacks are one of the leading causes of death for Australians.

"The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion."

-President John Adams

Treaty of Tripoly, article 11

the_shpydar

There has been no official announcement of console price or game price. This is in no way unusual, considering that the system won't be released for at least another 5 months.

GameStop (and other retailers) use the $100 as a placeholder, since they also don't know the official price. But in order for their retail system to take pre-orders, they have to attach a price. The $100 figure is used because they don't want to advertise a price that ends up being lower than the official price, so they use an inflated figure.

Nothing fishy or "rip-offs" going on.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

hYdeks

@Nitendonut they haven't said the prices on ANYTHING yet, but I'm starting to get the feeling that this Wii U will be alot more than I'm willing to pay.

hYdeks

KingMike

GameStop also doesn't often take console preorders online because they don't know how many they're going to get.
With the past home consoles, they've only taken preorders in stores and usually sold out in minutes.

KingMike

Nitendnut

I know Nintendo U is likely to be expensive. Which is why I like to preorder consoles and games at GameStop. One I am guaranteed to get Wii U release day if paid for. Two, I can make payments here and there, and not stomach the whole cost at one time. Five months before release is the perfect time for me to start paying down a $500 plus console I already have my 3DS XL prepaid for at my local GameStop. So I can concentrate on getting some games for it by Aug.19

Nitendnut

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.