Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 781 to 800 of 1,096

Maxz

@Tsurii Yeah, that was the "some work" I was getting it. It'd be a nightmare to try and somehow replicate that with English voice actors (not to mention the potential awkwardness of rewriting the lyrics).

I think slating the game for not getting a full English dub is scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@Totallynot You wouldn't think so with the lack of promotion and not being able to buy the Fortissimo Edition anywhere.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Grumblevolcano

@Pahvi Canning the western release would be pretty much equivalent to telling Wii U owners to go buy a PS4 or XB1. The 2nd half of 2016 is awful on both Wii U and 3DS unless you have backlog or bought Hyrule Warriors season passes so it needs as much as it can get.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SLIGEACH_EIRE

@shaneoh Do they even ship to Europe? It doesn't look like they deliver outside of Australia, I know their Ebay store doesn't. If they did, it'd cost a small fortune and you'd be hit with customs. Not to mention a long wait.

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

shaneoh

@SLIGEACH_EIRE
No they don't ship to Europe, which is why I said a proxy shipping service, it's one of the ways people get stuff from Japan and other countries. Can't say I've ever been charged customs either for importing something from overseas. As for paying a bit more, people have to decide how much they want it, I paid more than I probably should have for the Wind Waker HD Bundle with the Ganondorf statue which didn't see the light of day in Australia. Worth it.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

whodatninja

@Maxz Well put but I'm not saying that I personally want a dub, I'll play it in Japanese, but I've seen comments from people who are annoyed that it doesn't have a dub because they don't like reading subs.

Me personally don't like translated songs in anime. It's even more jarring when they randomly switch to japanese in an otherwise english dub. Like in Angel Beats, good dub but I hated that part.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Maxz

@whodatninja Well, yeah. I mean that's sort of why it's worth explaining. Probably. Otherwise people go on moaning forever, and treating it like a personal snub directly from Atlus/Nintendo, and acting as if they're some sort of disregarded victims. Which is stupid and repetitive and irritating.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Since the original poster (@CanisWolfred 😭) is no longer here can we get a mod (@Meowpheel or @Waluigi)to change the title? It's just bothering me for whatever reason. (Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE)

Thanks for changing it, guys. I cleaned up the title again, since this game clearly has ****-all to do with Fire Emblem. Not that I'm complaining, really, just saying that doesn't need the "SMTxFE" monicker anymore.

Anyways, since No Man's Sky has been delayed, that means there's one less game that will be competing for TMS#FE's Time, money, and attention! Yeah...that only leaves Grand Gingdom, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-, Star Ocean 5, Mecha Kirby, Zero Time Dilemma, Atelier Sophie, God Eater Resurrection, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Eyes of Heaven, Anima: Gate of Memories, Soul Axiom, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and the Odin Sphere remake...

Ganbare, Nintendo...Ganbare...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

yokokazuo

@CanisWolfred it is definitely a lot less Fire Emblem than I thought it was going to be. And I was really disappointed when we got the first gameplay trailer of the game.
But after playing the game for myself, I've noticed there is a lot more Fire Emblem to this game than I thought it had. (But less than what I was originally hoping for)
I've mentioned it before, but there are classes, weapon triangle, mirages of characters from Shadow Dragon and Awakening, some weapons, attacks (one acts like a horse slayer and is good against classes like a cavalier/social knight) and some weapons are also based off of FE like a killing edge, Mercurius, Sol Katti, etc. and also several references to FE as well, mainly within side stories.

Also it's just a small thing, but could you change it again since the title actually has a sharp ♯ and not a pound/hashtag #

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Ralizah

While they're really extensively localized, at least compared to XSEED's English release of the remake of the first game for PSP (which nerfed most of the dungeons and messed with the pacing, so I highly recommend playing the first game on PS1 instead), I thought the Lunar games on PS1 had pretty great English vocals.

The PS1 dubbed songs were very inaccurate translation-wise, but sounded pretty good due to the liberties taken with them. They're corny, of course, but also heartwarming.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

kkslider5552000

CanisWolfred wrote:

Anyways, since No Man's Sky has been delayed, that means there's one less game that will be competing for TMS#FE's Time, money, and attention! Yeah...that only leaves Grand Gingdom, Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-, Star Ocean 5, Mecha Kirby, Zero Time Dilemma, Atelier Sophie, God Eater Resurrection, Jojo's Bizarre Adventures: Eyes of Heaven, Anima: Gate of Memories, Soul Axiom, Mirror's Edge Catalyst, and the Odin Sphere remake...

To be fair, it isn't like anyone is going to buy half of those games. Especially if they're good and interesting (and Japanese)!

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

@Kazuo I did not know there was difference between a Sharp Symbol and a hashtag, but you're right, it looks much better, thanks.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

To be fair, it isn't like anyone is going to buy half of those games. Especially if they're good and interesting (and Japanese)!

I actually was just writing the games I was personally interested in that were coming out next month. I guess I forgot to note that after all the edits. Originally I was going to say "Now there's nothing to stop me from playing this game!!!" until I looked into it and proved myself wrong. In retrospect, keeping that part would've made it a zillion times more coherent and funny. ^_^; Oh well, hindsight.

But, yeah, even if I had all the time in the world, and were rolling in doe dough, I could probably skip more than half of them at launch with no foreseable consequences. Especially the sequels to series I'm way behind in, like Zero Time Dillema and Atelier Sophie. Yet, there are still 5 games I really want to purchase and play this month, and I can only get 2 or 3 of them. And July isn't much better...damn, so this is what being a responsible adult feels like? It tastes more bitter than I imagined...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

whodatninja

Pahvi wrote:

@whodatninja Out of curiosity, which would you consider the least jarring English dubs of songs in anime?

Hmm, I actually can't think of any good translated songs. Only bad ones... But then again I don't watch many musical animes. I hear the anime Beck has a good dubbed soundtrack but I haven't seen it.

Space Dandy had a couple musical episodes which felt pretty seamless dubbed!

whodatninja

Sisilly_G

There is less than a month until release, and it still hasn't yet received a classification in Australia (which means that the boxes/cases haven't been printed yet!), and I suspect that a delay is imminent.

I hope this isn't the case (or that the game hasn't been banned in Australia for some stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid reason), but games are usually classified at least a couple of months in advance. This is highly unusual practice for a game that is mere weeks away from release.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

shaneoh

sillygostly wrote:

There is less than a month until release, and it still hasn't yet received a classification in Australia (which means that the boxes/cases haven't been printed yet!), and I suspect that a delay is imminent.

I hope this isn't the case (or that the game hasn't been banned in Australia for some stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid reason), but games are usually classified at least a couple of months in advance. This is highly unusual practice for a game that is mere weeks away from release.

I have a feeling we'd know by now if it were delayed or not coming. I don't know whether it's possible for Nintendo to request that titles not be displayed on the site before release, as a few titles have been leaked because of listings on the Aus classification site (not that it would be a matter for titles that have been officially announced, but it may just be a general policy they've implemented).

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

whodatninja

@Tsurii Yeah sounds about right. Love Space Dandy to death! The dub was one of the best I've heard recently!

whodatninja

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.