Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 441 to 460 of 1,096

Souldin

I haven't really tried learning Japanese in a long while, so I think I'll pass on trying to import this game. I'll just have to wait for it's official release here in the UK. If it gets any special edition version, I'll be sure to pre-order it straight away; I'm really looking forward to this game's release. A full retail turn based JRPG for my Wii U was always going to get me excited, but the fact that I like what I've seen so far, that pleases me even more.

Now, all I have to do until it is released is avoid spoilers.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

yokokazuo

@SMEXIZELDAMAN nothing more than 2016 has been said so far. We also haven't seen any English version shown off so I think it may still be awhile.

One thing I already like is the music. There was even the Fire Emblem theme for a little bit near the beginning. I'll try not to spoil anything from the game though.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

yokokazuo

GameXplain will be live streaming the game in about an hour from now for five hours.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vtftfJl8Il0

It will be in Japanese, but naturally there will still be spoilers so give it a watch if you don't mind them.

yokokazuo

LzWinky

DiscoGentleman wrote:

@yokokazuo: jealous, mang... @LztheQuack: this comment needs more baiting and shallow judgements.

Pardon my judging a game with a character named "Tiki is my waifu"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

Tsurii wrote:

LztheQuack wrote:

This game needs more fanservice and anime cliches

Nah, you can buy Fates for those

Don't be silly, there are totally no cliches in Fates.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Ryu_Niiyama

@yokokazuo: I prefer my games in disk format so I'll be importing this. I have a few more of the Ryu ga Gotoku (yakuza) games to get anyway. I do think I'll hold off until I work a little more OT so I can just make a big purchase. Due to the shipping I hate ordering one game at a time from Japan. Since Xenoblade has sucked me in I can wait. I won't get the Fortissimo Edition simply because I'll order its equivalent once it comes stateside. Let me know how you are enjoying it so far will ya?

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

yokokazuo

@Ryu_Niiyama Ah, I see. I too like to get some games at least physically, but I've been getting a lot more digital games recently and it is cheaper than importing for Japanese ones. The digital version does have faster loading times overall, shaving off a few seconds in various areas of the game. But that box art looks really good, I just have a green icon with the title on it on my home menu...

I was rather worried about the gameplay since I've never played an Atlus game and have played few RPG's, but I'm absolutely loving this! Gameplay is pretty fun and has some interesting crossovers with some of Fire Emblem's mechanics. You don't really have to grind a whole lot, but it isn't recommended to avoid too many enemies. On the second boss I was about 6 levels lower than them when I got to them and pretty much got destroyed haha... After gaining a couple levels however I was able to win without too much trouble. (They seemed to have it out for Tsubasa though... Took her out twice)
Also the story seems to be rather interesting so far and has me intrigued. There are also various nods to the Fire Emblem series (Tharja is still a creepy stalker haha), not sure about SMT/Persona games though.

yokokazuo

JaxonH

GameXplain uploaded the first hour of gameplay. It looks pretty fun, although you can definitely tell this was made on the famous Atlus budget. Even so, it's got more pizazz than most their other titles

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PlywoodStick

http://personacentral.com/genei-ibun-roku-fe-sell-through-is-...

http://gekicore-gamelife.com/ranking/13297.html

I hope this doesn't affect localization efforts... This doesn't account for digital sales, of course, and there's still the MediaCreate numbers to wait for next week, but... Even with such a low initial shipping number, only around 21% of all copies have sold through thus far. That does not bode well. If it's not even selling well over in the targeted market... I have a feeling this game is going to be very scarce everywhere else. (Keep in mind that Japan doesn't celebrate Christmas the same way the West does, so missing the 25th isn't crucial for them.)

PlywoodStick

yokokazuo

@PlywoodStick I had a feeling this may not sell well unfortunately. I did take a look in the eShop charts and being rather low isn't really a good sign...
I enjoy it quite a bit so I hope it can see some good success soon, in Japan or other regions.

yokokazuo

Spoony_Tech

Atlas will localize it as they localize anything of there own. Although NA may see it far sooner then EU.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

@yokokazuo: Any amiibo functionality? I finally have the full amiibo set...well until Kamui/Corrin comes out and then I have to threaten a manager at gamestop to get one.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

yokokazuo

@Ryu_Niiyama I'm afraid not unfortunately. Unless I missed something, but I have not seen any hints or mentions of amiibo at all with the game.

I currently have Marth and Ike, but hope to get the rest of the Fire Emblem ones if I can find them.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

I saw someone's post on Miiverse who had beaten the second chapter at around 11 hours. Meanwhile I'm at 24 haha. I've been working on requests/side stories whenever I can though so that has taken up quite a bit of time. I heard the games main story takes about 30 hours so I hope I still have a ways to go. Been enjoying the story a lot so far and I don't want the game to end too soon.
I also really like the side stories which add more to the character development and let you learn more about some of the back story of them.

Also I did some research on the SMT series since I heard that the HeeHaw mart shows a character from the series. I believe he is called Jack Frost and there is another rather interesting character you meet who is a reference to Black Frost.

yokokazuo

yokokazuo

One of my favourite parts of the game so far are the side stories, they can be really amusing, but also offer some interesting back story to the characters. If anyone wants to see a funny scene from one of them, take a look. (Minor spoilers)

Untitled

Untitled

Also fistbump!

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

faint

Believe it or not this title will sell better in the west.

[email protected]
friend code: 0103-9004-2456

kkslider5552000

faint wrote:

Believe it or not this title will sell better in the west.

I don't find it hard to believe considering lesser known Japanese games frequently sell best in the west.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

Wow, I have... no words. I'm sure this game will be a blast when it comes over, but good lord is it funny to think that people were expecting some hardcore Nocturne-esque game when this was first announced.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

yokokazuo

@Ralizah so is that from the game?
I stopped watching since I hadn't seen that scene yet. (Might want to put that as spoilers)

Also for those that are curious, these are the romanized names for some of the mirages.

Chrom クロム Chrom
Caeda シーダ Sheeda
Cain カイン Kain
Tharja サーリャ Sallya
Virion ヴィオール Viaur
Draug ドーガ Douga
Navarre ナバール Nabarl

Also kind of spoilers in relation to a mirage you fight, but can you guess what Fire Emblem character is possessing this person?

Untitled

Due to the hand gesture and also partly their voice, I was able to guess who it was before I saw the name haha.

Edited on by yokokazuo

yokokazuo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.