Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,096

nacho_chicken

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Anyone else kinda digging Beastie Game more than they thought they ever would? I am no fan of vocaloids, and I enjoyed a few Perfume songs from time to time, but it's not my usual thing. I guess it's just my hype for the game, married with the song as a background that gets my excitement flowing when I hear it.

Looked up "Beastie Game" on Youtube. Hype LVL +1.

There's a lot of people that dislike Vocaloids for sounding "robotic". I'm not saying that's you, but they're out there. I understand why some can't stand it, but I have one thing to say on that: the only thing stopping Vocaloids from sounding like an actual human singing is how much effort the artist puts into tuning the voice. Works from God-tier Vocaloid Producers need to be heard to be believed. Mitchie M is one, and Ai Dee features not just one, but TWO Vocaloids practically indistinguishable from humans.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

LzWinky

I'm one of the people that can't stand the robotic voices. Heck I despise auto-tune

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CaviarMeths

I really like GameXplain, it's one of the few channels I'm actually subbed to on YouTube, but yeah, they can get a little carried away with story analysis. That's what happens though when you stretch a 2 minute trailer into a 20 minute video.

Their discussions are pretty interesting too, but maaaan, Andre's voice is grating...

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Ralizah

Good channel. Focuses on official materials, makes a minimum of assumptions, and analytically pieces together disparate pieces of information.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

RR529

I love GameXplain (their analysis videos in particular), but it seems like they pick out 3 or 4 games/franchises they want to cover, cover the heck out of them, and largely ignore everything else.

For example, I thought for sure they were going to do an analysis video for Chibi-Robo: Zip-Lash sometime after the pre-E3 direct (since we had a little over a week before the main event started), but it never came. However, you can bet they came out with an analysis video for the leaked Hyrule Warriors Legends trailer (a port of one of the games they've already covered religiously) within the day, lol.

I know it probably takes a lot more time and effort to do this than I realize, and I appreciate it, but when it's been nearly two months since E3, and the've only analyzed three E3 games (Star Fox Zero, Kingdom Hearts III, and SMT X FE), I feel like they could have done a bit more (especially since they somehow found the time to shoot out an analysis video for the new Splatoon content video within a day or so of it's reveal. I know it's one of those few games you guys just love to cover again and again, but there's still a ton of E3 content left to analyze, and much of it like Federation Force, Tri-Force Heroes, or the Animal Crossing games could use a good analysis or two to see how justified fears may or may not be).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Sleepingmudkip

@RR529: they cover what seems to be the most popular games, I guess to gain the most views because more people would watch videos on lets say KH3 then Chibi-robo

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

RR529

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

@RR529: they cover what seems to be the most popular games, I guess to gain the most views because more people would watch videos on lets say KH3 then Chibi-robo

Yeah, I can totally see why they cover the games that they cover, it's just that I wish they would throw a bone to the "lesser" games a little more often (analysis video wise), just to get some more variety in the lineup.

Also, even in terms "popular" games, there's a lot more E3 analysis they should have up by now (what with Xenoblade X, The Last Guardian, Horizon, Fire Emblem Fates, M&L: Paper Jam, and even Fatal Frame V), given that we know they can quickly turn out analysis videos when they have mind to do so, as the Hyrule Warriors Legends & Splatoon new content videos attest (both up within a day or two of the announcement itself).

It's just that after the glut of new trailers & gameplay that comes with E3, I figured they'd have a flood of interesting analysis videos for at least the 2 weeks following the event, and am just a tad disappointed that they've only covered 3 of the E3 games so far, and here it is nearly two months after the fact.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CaviarMeths

I think the analysis vids are just run by Derek, one guy. They're pretty comprehensive, so I can see time being a limiting factor in what games he can cover. And of course, he's going to favour games that he's personally interested in. Seems like half of his vids lately are FE:F and #FE, so I'm assuming he's quite the fan of that brand.

They're usually quite a bit more inclusive with their discussion. I'm pretty sure they had a 20-30 minute discussion on impressions of every playable Nintendo game at E3.

Edited on by CaviarMeths

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

whodatninja

This turned into the Gamexplain thread so gradually I barely noticed

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

jump

So there's gonna be DLC costumes and quest in the game and is launching in Dec for Japan.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

CaviarMeths

It comes with early access to ticket purchase, not the ticket itself. That would be pretty huge if it came with a concert ticket.

Blast

Tsurii wrote:

arronishere wrote:

So there's gonna be DLC costumes and quest in the game and is launching in Dec for Japan.

Here's a picture of the stuff in the Wii U bundle

Includes the Fortissimo edition (artbook, DLC costumes, quests (I think for the 3 costume sets on the left?) and a ticket for a concert with the game's music), stickers and the console, obviously.
I think the standard edition comes with 4 costumes, too, but I'm not sure at all because I can't read (or understand) Japanese.

Awwww yeah!!!! Hype!!!!! Day one buy!!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Smash_kirby

CaviarMeths wrote:

It comes with early access to ticket purchase, not the ticket itself. That would be pretty huge if it came with a concert ticket.

I am sure there is multiple locations and they don't want to have to deal with forcing all of the people to go to one location for the concert.

Smash_kirby

jump

Tharja has been confirmed for the game

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blast

arronishere wrote:

Tharja has been confirmed for the game

?!?! Gimme pics of her in the game now!!! I need proof!!! Evidence! Links!!!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.