Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 361 to 380 of 1,096

Blast

OmegaMetroid93 wrote:

I was cautiously optimistic for this game after the first trailer. After the second trailer, I was a little bit disgusted (Robot-singing makes me cover my ears and look away), but after watching the Treehouse Live, I must say I'm very excited for this game. If anyone's on the fence about this, watch the Treehouse Live demo. The entire thing. It does a pretty good job of showcasing the different parts of the game and it might change your mind. It also shows some of the influences from FE and SMT alike.

People need to stop thinking of this game as SMTxFE, since that's clearly not what it is anymore. It's going to be a new Atlus RPG with elements from both FE and SMT. And character appearances from FE as well, although it's not in the way everyone first thought. The game looks interesting and I can't wait to see more! Or actually, at this point, I'd rather just have it come out so I can play it without knowing anything more about it.

Great

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

I think 500k is the most anyone could possibly hope for with this game. 250-350k seems likely. Hopefully though Atlus and Nintendo both see that the game is going to be limited by platform, both in user base and technical limitations, and don't abandon the series.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

I think 500k is the most anyone could possibly hope for with this game. 250-350k seems likely. Hopefully though Atlus and Nintendo both see that the game is going to be limited by platform, both in user base and technical limitations, and don't abandon the series.

Agreed and if Sony can afford freaking huge Call of Duty deals and Batman: Arkham Knight deals then SURELY... Nintendo can afford a sequel to this game for the fans who love it. I said before that I already really like this game and I truly mean that. This and Xenoblade Chronicles X will be my most played Wii U games for sure.

Master of the Hype Train

OmegaMetroid93

I think we should wait on putting out statements like that until the game is closer to release.
I do agree though, the game should be awesome.

OmegaMetroid93

MsJubilee

cookiex wrote:

Untitled

Keep this in mind.

This might become rated M for mature? And they showed it at the treehouse and event? And they showed Fatal Frame at the treehouse and released a trailer for and that's mature game as well. But nothing for Devil's Third? Oh my don't mind this comment it's just this Devil's Third thing is worrying me.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

CaviarMeths

Blast wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

Agreed and if Sony can afford freaking huge Call of Duty deals and Batman: Arkham Knight deals then SURELY... Nintendo can afford a sequel to this game for the fans who love it. I said before that I already really like this game and I truly mean that. This and Xenoblade Chronicles X will be my most played Wii U games for sure.

Black Ops III and Arkham Knight are both going to sell millions upon millions of copies.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Dreamsleep

Tops wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Super excited for this game. Even the awful Jpop has me excited.
The streets of Tokyo are super realistic, which is a fantastic nostalgia trip for me; I attended university down the street from the Shibuya crossing, so I was at Shibuya Station everyday.

Whoa @DiscoGentleman, may I just point out how awesome I think that is? If you don't mind me asking, what did you study there and what compelled you to study abroad? I'd like to visit there sometime but I can't imagine what it would be like to study in a foreign country. Very cool!

I would love to go to Japan, but feel so ridiculous for even thinking it if I can't speak Japanese.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

Spoony_Tech

I think you'd be surprised how many of the younger generation speak English rather well over there now. You'd pick up a lot of the language just from them.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

That reminds me, I need to find some time to brush up on my Japanese. Wanna still be on track to visit Japan during the 40th Aniversay of Gundam in early April 2019, especially since that's not too far from my 27th Birthday...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Souldin

Dreamsleep wrote:

Tops wrote:

DiscoGentleman wrote:

Super excited for this game. Even the awful Jpop has me excited.
The streets of Tokyo are super realistic, which is a fantastic nostalgia trip for me; I attended university down the street from the Shibuya crossing, so I was at Shibuya Station everyday.

Whoa @DiscoGentleman, may I just point out how awesome I think that is? If you don't mind me asking, what did you study there and what compelled you to study abroad? I'd like to visit there sometime but I can't imagine what it would be like to study in a foreign country. Very cool!

I would love to go to Japan, but feel so ridiculous for even thinking it if I can't speak Japanese.

I've been to Japan before, it was just as school was about to start up again, and I was allowed to mark it down as an educational trip. In any case, I spent my time learning Japanese, and while I wasn't fluent, I ended up being the person who knew the most of it when I, my oldest brother, and a group of his friends went to Japan.

It turns out that outside of coming across as very polite in knowing how to say thank you in Japanese, that knowing what little Japanese I knew was rather pointless. Whenever my friends had a problem, they'd just go up to someone and ask them in English, and they would usually get an answer back in English. I even ended up in a situation where I was trying to ask about whether a game was region locked or not (thank you PSP for not being so, I loved getting to play Hatsune Miku: Project Diva 2nd). I managed to ask the clerks whether either of them could understand English; they said they could not, and yet they still managed to understand what I was asking them when I tried asking in English anyway.

It sadly put down my efforts to learn Japanese. So then, you don't really need to be fluent in Japanese to go to Japan, just try and learn a few key phrases and you should be fine for the most part.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

Souldin

Anyway, as for the topic of this forum, that being Genei Ibunroku #FE (or is it Genei Ibun Roku #FE); I'm really looking forward to it.

Admittedly, I had no initial interest due to not being a fan of either Shin Megami Tensei or Fire Emblem, but given how this game seems to start off from a fresh point with little requirement of knowledge of the other series, it allowed me to be interested in it. After seeing the art style and setting shown off in trailers, and thanks to the treehouse, it's delightful looking turn based gameplay, this is probably my most looked forward to game on the Wii U.

It's been a long while since I last played a large, console based turn based RPG, and I'm really excited that they'll be one arriving on the Wii U.

I'm Souldin, older brother of the Grin Brothers YouTube channel, and writer over on DeviantART.

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6557-6769 | Nintendo Network ID: Souldin | Twitter:

TwilightV

Today at a convention I got to meet David Vincent, the voice of Robin in Fire Emblem Awakening, and asked him some questions. He shared with me what it was like working with Nintendo, and his exciting experience in learning that Robin would be in Smash Bros.. Afterwards, he hinted that he was working on something with them, but he could he not divulge any information on it. Maybe Robin will be in this game?

TwilightV

kkslider5552000

I would think that was fairly obvious. Robin is in Smash Bros, that's a guarantee as far as I'm concerned.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

jump

TwilightV wrote:

Today at a convention I got to meet David Vincent, the voice of Robin in Fire Emblem Awakening, and asked him some questions. He shared with me what it was like working with Nintendo, and his exciting experience in learning that Robin would be in Smash Bros.. Afterwards, he hinted that he was working on something with them, but he could he not divulge any information on it. Maybe Robin will be in this game?

Or as DLC from the Robin Amiibo in Fates.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

cookiex

Famitsu brings us some new tidbits on the game:

• The Fire Emblem characters are mostly taken from Shadow Dagon and Awakening. Characters from other games will appear as either friends or foes.
  • The characters were chosen based on their popularity.
  • Cain and Abel will also appear.
  • The main story takes about 30 hours to complete, 60 hours if you include side-quests.
  • The game is currently in debugging phase and all features have been implemented.
  • Despite being a Fire Emblem/Atlus collaboration, it is touted as an entirely new RPG.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Blast

cookiex wrote:

Famitsu brings us some new tidbits on the game:

• The Fire Emblem characters are mostly taken from Shadow Dagon and Awakening. Characters from other games will appear as either friends or foes.
  • The characters were chosen based on their popularity.
  • Cain and Abel will also appear.
  • The main story takes about 30 hours to complete, 60 hours if you include side-quests.
  • The game is currently in debugging phase and all features have been implemented.
  • Despite being a Fire Emblem/Atlus collaboration, it is touted as an entirely new RPG.

Yessssss. Great details. Please turn into Nintendo's own version of Persona.

Master of the Hype Train

Blast

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

I keep getting hyped for this game

Thanks for sharing this

Master of the Hype Train

Spoony_Tech

I enjoyed watching it. Looking forward to the next one now!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Arminillo

Pronounces Itsuki ITS-KI, but lo and behold Hatsune is pronounced correctly.

3DS name: Arminillo
3DS FC: 1118-0310-8459

"The Rich Boy wakes Up, But is Handsome."
-DeviousSnorlax

Nintendo Network ID: Arminillo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.