Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 281 to 300 of 1,096

cookiex

CanisWolfred wrote:

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

While I am very stoked for this game I really hope that a true FE game gets made for the WiiU. I guessing from the trailer the FE pretty much take the place of personas? I thought they were going to do like SMT IV and do a strange merger of the two worlds.

I think that was the plan at first, but a lot of things changed during development.

I don't know, the trailer is pretty accurate to how Hitoshi Yamagami described the game two years ago.

http://www.siliconera.com/2013/07/09/shin-megami-tensei-x-fir...

For a long time, I’ve wanted to create a Fire Emblem in our times, in the real world. Imagine a Pegasus that comes from the sky and lands on Building 109 of Shibuya, Tokyo. I always thought that would be incredible.

At the same time, I know it’s hard because of how Fire Emblem is. I visited many companies to express these ideas. When I went to Atlus, I was told that Shin Megami Tensei together with Fire Emblem is what I wanted. So, I soon said that to Intelligent Systems and started this very special collaboration.

Oops! I shouldn’t say that the game takes place in the real world. We haven’t announced it, right?

Edited on by cookiex

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

cookiex

E3 trailer:

Also I think we can drop Shin Megami Tensei from the title now.

cookiex
Self-appointed NintendoLife Hyrule Warriors ambassador

Offspring

I told myself I wouldn't come back here as I correctly assumed everyone would be going crazy after my last post but I will just to say the trailer confirmed this game is my worst nightmare. I know Atlus is a great developer but a teenage date sim with a Japanese Pop soundtrack is the last thing I want to play.

Bathe in the glory of The Offspring:
Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

Fire Emblem is Nickelback.
I am the artist formally known as "insert ...

Blast

cookiex wrote:

E3 trailer:

hype

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

MsJubilee

cookiex wrote:

E3 trailer:

Good cause this isn't SMT not even close,it's just weeaboo nonsense now. Oh well still going to play it,but but it? I'll wait

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Spoony_Tech

I really like what I seen of the last trailer a couple months back but I'm not so sure about this game anymore. What they keep showing is not impressing me at all. Where's the actual gameplay? I'm really on the fence about this now and I love Atlus!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

nacho_chicken

cookiex wrote:

They dropped Shin Megami Tensei from the title forever ago. In fact, part of the Japanese title 幻影異聞録 / Genei Ibunroku is the same as the title for SMT spinoffs Persona and Devil Survivor, 女神異聞録 / Megami Ibunroku.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Nintendo_Ninja

Looks horrible. Tactical JRPG from two great franchises? No. A teenage Japanese fanservice filled dating sim with neither franchise being represented in a good way.

Nintendo ID Network: Nintendo_Ninja
Mario Maker ID: LR5-VQV-THG

Offspring

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

Looks horrible. Tactical JRPG from two great franchises? No. A teenage Japanese fanservice filled dating sim with neither franchise being represented in a good way.

Amen brother. I know you're upset about Federation Force but it at least resembles the Metroid name.

Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

MsJubilee

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

It looks horrible but the gameplay will be solid because it's made from Atlus.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

nacho_chicken

Nintendo_Ninja wrote:

If this is going to be anything at all like Persona, it'll be anything but a "fanservice-filled dating sim".

I'll take my leave until the unrequited hate-rage dies down again.

Jack of all trades, master of some

Twitter:

Blast

Lol at the haters back in this thread.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CaviarMeths

Can someone point out the dating elements in the trailer? I'm having trouble finding them. Thanks.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

kkslider5552000

CaviarMeths wrote:

Can someone point out the dating elements in the trailer? I'm having trouble finding them. Thanks.

If you are extremely ignorant/close-minded of other cultures, you might find it out of hatred for their modern trends in entertainment!

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CaviarMeths

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

If you are extremely ignorant/close-minded of other cultures, you might find it out of hatred for their modern trends in entertainment!

So basically,

OlicityBlows wrote:

I told myself I wouldn't come back here as I correctly assumed everyone would be going crazy after my last post...

"I feel victimized because people pointed out that my supremely dumb criticism of a game I never played was supremely dumb."

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

PrincessSugoi

I'm in love with that trailer tbqh and I wasn't even much interested in this game.

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

whodatninja

My only complaint is that there seems to be a creepy "little sister" character named Tiki.
No. Just no.

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

CaviarMeths

whodatninja wrote:

My only complaint is that there seems to be a creepy "little sister" character named Tiki.
No. Just no.

Untitled

JoyBoy

^ LOL

I still don't know what this game is about or what it's trying to do... Should I be excited?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Offspring

CaviarMeths wrote:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

CaviarMeths wrote:

So basically,

OlicityBlows wrote:

I told myself I wouldn't come back here as I correctly assumed everyone would be going crazy after my last post...

"I feel victimized because people pointed out that my supremely dumb criticism of a game I never played was supremely dumb."

No, I know I went over top and didn't really think it was worth debating as there would be no give and take. After semi-watching the new trailer, the game isn't as bland and generic looking as I thought but I still think the 3D models aren't great. I don't really remember what else I said but I don't get the appeal of listening to high pitched, autotuned music or playing as half-naked teenagers plus we have seen next to no gameplay. Yesterday's meltdown about Federation Force made me realize how big a baby I was being anyway. This is just a spinoff that no matter how much I find it disgraceful to Fire Emblem, I can easily ignore it.

Smash
Self-Esteem
Gone Away

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.