Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,096

Sleepingmudkip

"Never judge a game by its first trailer"

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Blast

This game is anticipated to be rated Mature, by the way.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Faruko wrote:

This thread throws out of the window that "graphics doesnt matter if the gameplay is good" mantra some people say they follow

...to an extent. You can still have garbage graphics which could affect opinion

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Sleepingmudkip

If it is M-rated I am going to have to buy it online :/

SMEXIZELDAMAN

Game looks amazing!!! so hype!!!

Check out SUBLIME GAMER, my YouTube Channel
God loves you

Faruko

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Now that i think about it

thats a PRETTY BIG HOLE for the whole ESRB rating considering nowadays even kids have access to (albeit limited) credit cards or even eshop cards

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

NintendoFan990

Faruko wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

thats a PRETTY BIG HOLE for the whole ESRB rating considering nowadays even kids have access to (albeit limited) credit cards or even eshop cards

Kids shouldn't have credit cards. And this is coming from a 15 year old!

I am a human.

Spoony_Tech

Faruko wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

If he entered his birth date right then the eshop will restrict him from buying it. I've seen plenty 16 year olds complain they can't buy a game on the shop because it's M rated. Now if he was smart he would enter a date that made him 18 like I did with all my kids 2/3ds's. I set the parent controls anyways so they can't even get a game without me knowing it.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

What i mean was to order the physical box online from amazon or gamestop. I tried to get Bayonetta 2 from gamestop and the clirk told my mom everything so i couldnt get it but luckly i got it anyway because tricked her into buying it online from gamestop where they dont really stop you and ask if you are over 18

Edited on by Sleepingmudkip

Aqueous

Rather looking forward to it. I'm a bit surprised its not a devil survivor style game play as that to me had the most similarity between the two games. I do recognize this more as a Persona game but I as I've been told SMT covers a few in that general universe in Japan?
I've had a few looks at the trailer and I'm impressed. Fire Emblem is littered throughout it but not all the obvious. Seems we are getting a "futuristic" Fire Emblem of sorts. Pegasus are some kind of jet thing, presumably horses are motorcycles. At least Lances, Swords and Bows are present. I have yet to see Axes if any and I'm not sure if Magic was hinted at or not but I assume it was in there. One character does seem to look like Marth. The fighting arena looked a bit like the set up from the multiplayer on the GBA Fire Emblem games but I think I'd want to see more of them before firmly saying that, though the main center battle stage and outer ring is somewhat matching. Also thanks to a youtube comment, I've learned that about 38 seconds if paused you get a nice look at someone who looks like Chrom. I'm sure there is more and a good chunk of SMT stuff that might be there I'm missing. I'll likely peak for more details later but certainly looking forward to this.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0600-1156 | Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

Sleepingmudkip

What if the kids high schoolers and instead of having demons or personas they become fire emblem characters...

What if the game has social links like in the persona series

CanisWolfred

Since I left the tab open:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@ZeroZX-Dev That doesn't really matter. A crossover involves bringing existing characters of separate IP's together (sometimes alongside new characters) - this game, by definition, is simply a collaboration between ATLUS and Intelligent Systems, since only certain visual elements are supposed to be reminiscient of two franchises that never really had a consistent artstyle going to begin with. And as I said before, nothing about this trailer is reminiscent of either Fire Emblem or Shin Megami Tensei at all: not in style, not in characters, not in gameplay.

You see, this is what I don't get. Visually it looks very much like Persona 4 and 5. I could've sworn you played Persona 4, so I'm really surprised to hear you don't see any similarities. In fact, that whole trailer screamed SMT fanservice, I'm not even sure where to begin to describe all the little things it does. As for gameplay, we didn't see anything that wasn't just a quick battle animation. But we did see the "weak" symbol appear during one scene (1:18 in the trailer, really gotta look for it, though) so it's probably going to have more to do with SMT than anything else.

And the only recurring characters in most of the SMT games are the demons, who generally change their look on a frequent basis. I did see at least one or two that were from SMT4, however, so it's clear they're using the newest monster designer they picked up back in 2012.

I will say the battle costume designs suck, but I'm guessing they're Yosuke Kozaki's designs, which gives us our Fire Emblem connection.

I'm a fanatic on PERSONA (and SMT in general), so for me, it boils down to the smallest details. The main thing that irritates me on the trailer is the eyes. Most SMT games have these strong, piercing eye designs instead of the more liquid eyes, and that struck me as odd right away. Then there's the strong, popping, but very simple colors that kinda look off for either direction (FE tends to be more colorful and contrast-heavy, while SMT jumps between very damp and natural colors or downright gritty shadowing), looking more reminiscent of the general design of FATE/.EXTRA, what with the stark contrasts between normal and fantasy environments as well as the mix between fantasy and technoland-ish stuff.
Basically, it doesn't look like Shigenori Soejima (mostly characters, especially DDS, PERSONA, and Catherine), Kazuma Kaneko (character, demon, and persona designs), or even Masayuki Doi (who designed the SMT IV characters), so I don't see the similarities.

In other words, you're nitpicking. Seriously, dude, they're using a new character designer, whose style they felt could provide a good mid-point between the two. It's a compromise. What you should be worrying about are plot, gameplay, and general themes. We only know a little bit about the last one, otherwise we don't have much to judge at the moment. No need for any of us to get bent out of shape over gut reactions here.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CaviarMeths

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

What if the kids high schoolers and instead of having demons or personas they become fire emblem characters...

Really isn't much of an SMT game if it doesn't have any demons.

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Blast

CaviarMeths wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Really isn't much of an SMT game if it doesn't have any demons.

There's a scene of the main guy overlooking a destroyed Tokyo... oh that's SMT for sure.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

LzWinky

Tokyo got destroyed again? What a shame

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

PrincessSugoi

I wonder which city government spends the most on damages: Tokyo, New York, or Townsville?

Current Playlist: Age of Calamity, Stardew Valley, ACNH

Hopeless permanent resident of Idol Hell.

3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails

Faruko

LoveSugoi wrote:

I wonder which city government spends the most on damages: Tokyo, New York, or Townsville?

Raccoon City

But one could argue that they never got the chance to spend on it

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

CaviarMeths

On the plus side, I'm sure you can get a really good deal on a house in Raccoon City.

Kinda like Detroit

So Anakin kneels before Monster Mash and pledges his loyalty to the graveyard smash.

Spoony_Tech

CaviarMeths wrote:

On the plus side, I'm sure you can get a really good deal on a house in Raccoon City.

Kinda like Detroit

The sad sick thing about this is I could drive 5 mins from here and but everyone of those.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.