Forums

Topic: Tokyo Mirage Sessions ♯FE - OT

Posts 181 to 200 of 1,096

whodatninja

Can't believe they revived this game, and Fatal Frame localized! What a great time to be a Nintendo owner!! Well, except for the holidays...

whodatninja

Nintendo Network ID: whodatninja117

Faruko

Muyounosuke wrote:

Faruko wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Just saw the direct so sorry if I'm repeating a common sentiment but my hype for this game is kind of dead. Trailer was not what I was expecting at all and I'd really prefer if it was just Persona X Fire Emblem at this point.

Persona games are called shin megami tensei: persona by the way...

only in the US and Europe and even then they haven't been refered that way since 2011 all current releases are just called Persona, and in Japan persona and devil survivor have the header as megami ibunroku not SMT.

also I just watched the trailer on the japanese direct looks like its slated for winter 2015 in japan

Well and in japan the game is called "Revelation of the Illusion #FE" (Gen'ei Ibunroku, which could be a coincidence, and ibunroku its part of what they may be trying to do, but ots baseless since it doesnt mean anything by itself)

So... If we are going to base ourselves on what japan does, its not a SMT, FE nor a combination of those.

So... Pointless disscusion ? I mean, we are basing everything in what the japanese are doing

Edited on by Faruko

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

LzWinky

So it's a misnomer. That solves all the problems then

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Just saw the direct so sorry if I'm repeating a common sentiment but my hype for this game is kind of dead. Trailer was not what I was expecting at all and I'd really prefer if it was just Persona X Fire Emblem at this point.

...It pretty much is. :/

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

WebHead

Must say the trailer piqued my interest.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

CanisWolfred

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@ZeroZX-Dev That doesn't really matter. A crossover involves bringing existing characters of separate IP's together (sometimes alongside new characters) - this game, by definition, is simply a collaboration between ATLUS and Intelligent Systems, since only certain visual elements are supposed to be reminiscient of two franchises that never really had a consistent artstyle going to begin with. And as I said before, nothing about this trailer is reminiscent of either Fire Emblem or Shin Megami Tensei at all: not in style, not in characters, not in gameplay.

You see, this is what I don't get. Visually it looks very much like Persona 4 and 5. I could've sworn you played Persona 4, so I'm really surprised to hear you don't see any similarities. In fact, that whole trailer screamed SMT fanservice, I'm not even sure where to begin to describe all the little things it does. As for gameplay, we didn't see anything that wasn't just a quick battle animation. But we did see the "weak" symbol appear during one scene (1:18 in the trailer, really gotta look for it, though) so it's probably going to have more to do with SMT than anything else.

And the only recurring characters in most of the SMT games are the demons, who generally change their look on a frequent basis. I did see at least one or two that were from SMT4, however, so it's clear they're using the newest monster designer they picked up back in 2012.

I will say the battle costume designs suck, but I'm guessing they're Yosuke Kozaki's designs, which gives us our Fire Emblem connection.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

VoodooTrumpet

I love the Fire Emblem series but Persona > Fire Emblem. No question.

Untitled

She was like a candle in the wind... Unreliable.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8393-7065-0231 | Nintendo Network ID: DieuEtMonDroit

NinjaWaddleDee

I'm glad they left the medieval theme of Fire Emblem behind. I am totally hyped for this game right now!

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred wrote:

I will say the battle costume designs suck, but I'm guessing they're Yosuke Kozaki's designs, which gives us our Fire Emblem connection.

Huh, apparently Toi8 is the character designer, while we can credit the Devil Survivor producer for the general art direction(?) EDIT: Who worked on Langrisser and Growlanser, apparently?

I'm still curious about those costumes, though. They don't seem to be toi8's style, but definitely seem more like Kozaki's style. I'm sure he had some input, but we'll see...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Blast

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Blast wrote:

If you're not a real JRPG fan then get out of this thread.

For the record, Fire Emblem fans are being silly, but using the term "real fan" makes anything you say afterwards invalid. Don't do that. Ever.

I don't mean to sound harsh or elitist. I'm just tired of the Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei fans freaking out over a trailer that doesn't even show that much. Heck, I'm super excited that this game is showing alotta similarities to Persona. Its about freaking time a Nintendo console got some Persona-ish love. A JRPG fan can push aside the Fire Emblem and Shin Megami Tensei stuff and just see that this game has alotta potential to be amazing. I saw this comment on another site that had FE fans and SMT fans crying about the trailer. The comment said, "Just be grateful this game even exists." Tons of SMTxFE supporters agreed with that comment.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Sleepingmudkip

We should be grateful that this game wasn't canned. Plus if this game does good i think with the also praise of Hyrule warriors, Nintendo will let more companies make spin-offs and crossovers.

Anyway I wonder how the fire emblem elements will fit in? Besides the few look alike characters

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

Blast

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

We should be grateful that this game wasn't canned. Plus if this game does good i think with the also praise of Hyrule warriors, Nintendo will let more companies make spin-offs and crossovers.

Anyway I wonder how the fire emblem elements will fit in? Besides the few look alike characters

That main girl is a version of Lucina if she was in highschool. Hahah.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

8tM

StaticWind wrote:

Whoa. Did anyone notice the Tiki poster at 0:53 in the trailer? Does that maybe hint that the world's history is Fire Emblem related instead?

I feel like maybe this'll be some weird reimagining of both games. I mean, there was a blue haired guy with a rapier and a blue haired woman riding a pegasus holding a spear...Maybe Marth and Caeda?

8tM

Kaze_Memaryu

CanisWolfred wrote:

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@ZeroZX-Dev That doesn't really matter. A crossover involves bringing existing characters of separate IP's together (sometimes alongside new characters) - this game, by definition, is simply a collaboration between ATLUS and Intelligent Systems, since only certain visual elements are supposed to be reminiscient of two franchises that never really had a consistent artstyle going to begin with. And as I said before, nothing about this trailer is reminiscent of either Fire Emblem or Shin Megami Tensei at all: not in style, not in characters, not in gameplay.

You see, this is what I don't get. Visually it looks very much like Persona 4 and 5. I could've sworn you played Persona 4, so I'm really surprised to hear you don't see any similarities. In fact, that whole trailer screamed SMT fanservice, I'm not even sure where to begin to describe all the little things it does. As for gameplay, we didn't see anything that wasn't just a quick battle animation. But we did see the "weak" symbol appear during one scene (1:18 in the trailer, really gotta look for it, though) so it's probably going to have more to do with SMT than anything else.

And the only recurring characters in most of the SMT games are the demons, who generally change their look on a frequent basis. I did see at least one or two that were from SMT4, however, so it's clear they're using the newest monster designer they picked up back in 2012.

I'm a fanatic on PERSONA (and SMT in general), so for me, it boils down to the smallest details. The main thing that irritates me on the trailer is the eyes. Most SMT games have these strong, piercing eye designs instead of the more liquid eyes, and that struck me as odd right away. Then there's the strong, popping, but very simple colors that kinda look off for either direction (FE tends to be more colorful and contrast-heavy, while SMT jumps between very damp and natural colors or downright gritty shadowing), looking more reminiscent of the general design of FATE/.EXTRA, what with the stark contrasts between normal and fantasy environments as well as the mix between fantasy and technoland-ish stuff.
Basically, it doesn't look like Shigenori Soejima (mostly characters, especially DDS, PERSONA, and Catherine), Kazuma Kaneko (character, demon, and persona designs), or even Masayuki Doi (who designed the SMT IV characters), so I don't see the similarities.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

LzWinky

And then it's nothing like Persona. Everyone should riot then!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Dreamsleep

Well, it's not Persona, per se, but as Atlus often does, I would say it is a spin off. Persona has kids summoning demons, gods, etc., which represent their psyche, or true self, or aspects thereof...this game doesn't have that. But, it seems to take a similar path, with kids summoning FE characters.

Inspired by Persona. Oh yeah, I think it looks amazing...but, I love Persona.

Atari 2600, Commodore 64/128, Sega Genesis, 32X, Sega CD, PC, Dreamcast, PS1, PS2, Wii, PSP, DSi, PS3, 3DSXL, WiiU

SuperWiiU

TingLz wrote:

And then it's nothing like Persona. Everyone should riot then!

I'd rather get a WiiU exclusive SMTxFE that's nothing like Persona than Persona 4: Dancing All Night.

Faruko

This thread throws out of the window that "graphics doesnt matter if the gameplay is good" mantra some people say they follow

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.