Forums

Topic: Smash Bros or Mario Kart 8?

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

kkslider5552000

Super Smash Bros actually has a full 60 dollars worth of content and the variety of the roster actually makes a difference, so it has that going for it.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Rexcalibr

TeeJay wrote:

I'm surprised most people are going for Mario Kart. I would have thought Smash would win by a landslide. Could you guys explain why you like Mario Kart more? Is it just becaude you can relax more while playing?

I think a lot of people are turned off by Smash Bros's competitive scene.

I love Mario Kart 8 but I only play multiplayer online. I think it looks so ugly when playing 4 player local. The frame rate drops so much, but playing single player looks amazing.

I also noticed, when I switched my TV to "gaming mode", Smash Bros runs so much smoother online.

Rexcalibr

Rexcalibr

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

Bayonetta 2. Smash and MK8 both have close to no replayability without online, which is pretty lousy.

…. I mean, which racing or fighting games out there at all have any replay value without online? Online mode is one of the top priorities for any multiplayer game.

Rexcalibr

martinskrtel37

Smash Wii U is better than Mario Kart 8.

Mario Kart and Smash as franchises are pretty even, it just comes down to opinion because both are brilliant.

I have to say, I think Smash is better because you can play it competitively as well as for fun. Mario Kart 8 is fun only, the items and everything else make it a pure party game, you can never treat it like a serious racer. But with Smash you can make it fun or make it competitive.

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Grumblevolcano

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Smash Wii U is better than Mario Kart 8.

Mario Kart and Smash as franchises are pretty even, it just comes down to opinion because both are brilliant.

I have to say, I think Smash is better because you can play it competitively as well as for fun. Mario Kart 8 is fun only, the items and everything else make it a pure party game, you can never treat it like a serious racer. But with Smash you can make it fun or make it competitive.

But you can only playing for fun locally and competitively online, for fun online is a complete lagfest and the competitive community is still fully attached to Melee. Sure Mario Kart 8 is pretty much for fun only but at least you can play for fun both locally and online.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Vee_Flames

Why not both? Personally, I prefer Mario Kart 8, despite the fact that I haven't played the game in a while.

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Inkling

VeeFlamesNL wrote:

Why not both? Personally, I prefer Mario Kart 8, despite the fact that I haven't played the game in a while.

Untitled

I will update this when Half Life 3 arrives. [Started 17/11/2015]

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7429-4970 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatDude

outburst

MK8 online by a mile. I got bored with Smash within a month. MK8 will put you in a rollercoaster ride. Finishing within the top5 is fulfilling enough especially if you beat players with 1000+ more points than you. Smash isn't fun online for me. It is fun locally in short bursts though.

outburst

kyuubikid213

I wonder...if this is a true "Smash Bros. Wii U's online is too laggy" argument or if a lot of you played For Glory and got destroyed by people better than you... I'll admit the Smash Bros. online isn't perfect, but I've not had any lag that's made online unplayable (like in Brawl).

Personally, I would go for Smash. In my opinion, it's fun and excellently crafted. I love Mario Kart 8 as well. Both games are amazing and I play them whenever I get the chance (or MK7 and Smash 3DS if I'm away from home), but I think Smash is better by just a bit.

And...I'm not sure who said Mario Kart and Smash have no replay value... They have a fair amount of content (single player and multiplayer as well as other modes) and they...don't...really...end.
'

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Nicolai

TeeJay wrote:

I'm surprised most people are going for Mario Kart. I would have thought Smash would win by a landslide. Could you guys explain why you like Mario Kart more? Is it just becaude you can relax more while playing?

Like I said, for me, it comes down to the fact that I can enjoy Mario Kart with more people. It's the oddest combination: it's fast, intense gameplay, but it's a lot simpler, and it helps out the people who aren't very good, so that they may be able to stay in the running and win sometimes.

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

NinjaWaddleDee

Mario kart 8. I enjoyed it much more.

Check out my YouTube channel if you love gaming, and Nintendo (especially Metroid) I think you'll enjoy my videos. :)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCagN36OxIjCGUVMaYFtPgSg

Nintendo Network ID: NinjaWaddleDee

MajinSoul

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I wonder...if this is a true "Smash Bros. Wii U's online is too laggy" argument or if a lot of you played For Glory and got destroyed by people better than you... I'll admit the Smash Bros. online isn't perfect, but I've not had any lag that's made online unplayable (like in Brawl).
'

No offense, but this is the most ignorant post I've read today. You're from America, of course you don't experience lag. It's us Europeans that suffer from the lag due to having to play against guys from the United States. But of course it's just making excuses for losing against better players ... smh

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid

Dezzy

TeeJay wrote:

I'm surprised most people are going for Mario Kart. I would have thought Smash would win by a landslide. Could you guys explain why you like Mario Kart more? Is it just becaude you can relax more while playing?

Check the sales figures. Mario Kart has always been more popular.
There's also a very noticeable difference in attitude between Europe and the US. No idea how that happened but compare the sales figures for the last 3 entries in the respective series. Smash Bros is a lot more popular in the US than Europe. Whereas Mario Kart is about equal, or perhaps slightly more popular in Europe.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

kyuubikid213

MajinSoul wrote:

kyuubikid213 wrote:

I wonder...if this is a true "Smash Bros. Wii U's online is too laggy" argument or if a lot of you played For Glory and got destroyed by people better than you... I'll admit the Smash Bros. online isn't perfect, but I've not had any lag that's made online unplayable (like in Brawl).

No offense, but this is the most ignorant post I've read today. You're from America, of course you don't experience lag. It's us Europeans that suffer from the lag due to having to play against guys from the United States. But of course it's just making excuses for losing against better players ... smh

I wasn't saying it was exclusively that, but there are other posts in this thread where people have chosen Mario Kart as the favorite because it's simpler and easier for less skilled people to win. And if you're experiencing lag playing against us, why wouldn't it happen the other way, too?

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

MajinSoul

@kyuubikid213 Most likely due to this:

Dezzy wrote:

Smash Bros is a lot more popular in the US than Europe

You're much more likely to play against other US players. I agree though, it's easier to win in Mario Kart than in Smash since it's way more forgiving and items help a lot. I just wished that there was a "Regional play" option in Super Smash like the one in Mario Kart.

Edited on by MajinSoul

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid

Justlink

MajinSoul wrote:

@kyuubikid213 Most likely due to this:

Dezzy wrote:

Smash Bros is a lot more popular in the US than Europe

You're much more likely to play against other US players. I agree though, it's easier to win in Mario Kart than in Smash since it's way more forgiving and items help a lot. I just wished that there was a "Regional play" option in Super Smash like the one in Mario Kart.

Doesn't matter if you face Americans and there's is lag, both sides will be affected

Hi
I'm Justlink1 on Miiverse, look me up.
Do you like videogames? If so, you must know
It's dangerous to go Alone.
Spirit Tracks <3

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic